The esf vs max flak is now balanced regards from a br100 mosquito pilot

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Madiadk, Mar 22, 2013.

1. Madiadk

i have no problem fighting them 1v1 i have alot of objects to hide behind if i get shot i can fly away repair up an go again.

1v 2maxes same tactic just alot more challegine as it should be, but i still have the advantage an surprice attack each time i attack.

1v 3+< here it gets almost impossible as it should be when your against 3maxes that have all spotted you an are on teamspeak.

personally i would like to see skyguards projectile speed increased by 10%

1v1 vs skyguard i win with sneak attacks
    1v 2skyguard can still get away an kill of 1 of them
    1v 3skyguards they should get me if they see me but when do you actually see 3 skyguards working together ;)..

max an skyguard are equally good atm but i would like to see the skyguard come out on top since its barrels are twice the length of the maxes to be 10-20% faster projectile speed
    • Up x 4
  2. KuKu

Ones this maintenance is over, flak will be the least of your trouble
    • Up x 1
  3. Nannerpuss

So what you're saying is, it takes THREE of your counter to do anything about you.

Balanced.
    • Up x 1
  4. Morpholine

Judging from the OP's avatar (edit: and mention of Mosquito piloting), he won't have to worry much more than he does now.
  5. KuKu

Think you underestimate how much Lancer will ruin ESF's
  6. Garantine

How do you surprise something that sees you coming from 900 meters away and doesn't render on your end until you're within 300?
  7. Morpholine

I'll certainly be doing my part to estimate it.
  8. WetPatch

So it takes 3 tanks who sole purpose in the game is to kill ESF to kill a single Mossie?

Yeah great balance right there.
  9. Sebyos

''The esf vs max flak is now balanced regards from a br100 mosquito pilot''

Says a pilot who plays with the hardest ESF to hit with bursters.
  10. Arkha3

I hate using the skyguard for that reason OP pointed out: its projectile speed is so SLOW. It may be perspective but from my experience, bursters projectile speeds seem faster than skyguard and that does not make sense.
  11. AzK

1/10 for effort.
  12. Morpholine

Like any unit that can move on 3 axis, do a lot of damage quickly, and bug out at 300 KPH, they're hard to kill if the pilot is competent.

It's the whole reason ground-to-air damage xp was introduced. (Although personally, I thing G2A damage xp should be on parity with the repair xp the pilot gets for topping their bird's health off, instead of the tiny bit it is currently. As it sits, the pilot gains far more than the flack user for the encounter.)
  13. Doublefrost

Except, you won't often run into multiple air charging the AA and focus firing them at the exact same distancing. Depending on the skill of the flak operator, they can boast accuracy out to greater and greater ranges. Selection of deployment area is key to minimize MAX vulnerability. In the three coordinated AA MAX scenario, they would counter more than just one of the OP, perhaps three or more likely, a greater number, unless suicide tactics were utilized to wipe out the AA.
  14. NoctD

You're all doing it wrong - it takes just one 1/2 Vanguard to kill an ESF immediately!

That is by far the best - it beats the Lib Dalton for anti-ESF duties by a longshot.

Sucks though that the Vanguard is so good it took my friendly Reaver down too one time.
    • Up x 1
  15. drNovikov

Air should be repaired at airpads only. It's too easy to repair it for 0 cost in no time.
  16. Stigler

The AA MAX's have the same issues, I am not sure if GU5 messed something up, but 1/3rd of the ESF's were popping in and out of render at short ranges yesterday, I would be shooting away trying to finish them off and poof, they are gone, or poof one pops in close by. This was happening with about 1 in 3 or 4.
  17. Justicia

I mostly agree with Madia, AA feels pretty balanced right now.
  18. Garantine

So, 1 in four ESFs would sometimes disappear on you (this is a recent bug by the way, I've seen it as well, and it's not restricted to max units or infantry, as ESFs have disappeared while I was shooting them in my own ESF) and you somehow equate that to 10 out of 10 max units not rendering until I'm within spitting distance?

I would have to respectfully disagree with that comparison.
  19. Terrarion

I am not doubting your piloting skills but could you say the same for piloting reaver? if not then is it still balanced?
  20. Erendil

Didn't you get the memo? ESFs now come with jump drives.