Again?!

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Elia Chobanov, Mar 22, 2013.

1. Lyonid

Serious question (for whomever): Where am I supposed to go for announcements like " new launchers being added at such and such a time"? Because it sure as heck isn't the freaking "Official News and ANNOUNCEMENTS" section of the forum.

Do I really have to follow a stinking Twitter feed from a developer to find out when/what stuff is happening?
    • Up x 1
  2. Takoita

The particles effects' files for new launchers are in the patch at least.
  3. Fire Works

No, but I dont feel too comfortable with reddit and rather have someone else check it :)
    • Up x 1
  4. Vasya

If the game up times matched the area times better players would have more freedom to enjoy the game when they want to, personally I like night shift work, more pay, less people about and its peaceful, sure some people don't like it that doesn't matter if you employ those that do, but most of all keep people informed of planned maintenance and updated on unplanned on ALL mediums email/twitter/forums etc. that's just good business.
  5. Seraphix

Why do something else like go outside or play another game when we can just sit here and troll the planetside 2 forums? Granted it's not as fun as singing Aqua's "Im a Barbie Girl" with proximity chat up but its still mildly entertaining.
    • Up x 2
  6. Diplocaulus

Maybe SOE should make "All Servers Offline" a permanent sticky under Official News and Announcements.
    • Up x 6
  7. Nasias

Free to play is just a business model for a product that still generates revenue. Instead of selling a game license, the license is free but the catch is, to actually be on a level playing field as everyone else, you have to spend real money on the game. Be it subscription or buying Station Cash; the fact remains that most people spend at least some money on a F2P game, to the point where giving the licenses away for free and charging for micro transactions actually generates a lot more income. So sheltering behind the "It's a free game" rock is sadly, a very lame excuse.
    • Up x 3
  8. bNy_

1) It's like -4 degrees C here
    2) I'm going to watch a football game with a friend later
    3) After that I'm going to get wasted at a party

For now.. I just want to play some PS2 :<
  9. Ealhdun

You have to follow every single one of their developers and community managers on twitter and subscribe to their reddit and probably somehow acquire Highby's cellphone number and call him every day at 6AM to ask him at what time there will be server maintenance. Chances are though you still won't know after all that.
    • Up x 1
  10. TintaBux

Why are people making up lies saying there is announcements and we been kept in the loop? There is nothing, it's another update and server down time without any notification to the community.
  11. FlR3

All servers are offline for a brief update. Downtime is anticipated to be less than 90 minutes. Players may note the following changes:

General Updates

• New empire specific rocket launchers have been added to the Depot:
      • Terran Republic: T2 Striker
      • The rapid-firing T2 Striker is capable of launching multiple heat-seeking missiles at both air and ground vehicles.
      • New Conglomerate: NC15 Phoenix
      • The NC15 Phoenix uses a camera guided missile that allows the user to make adjustments in mid-flight, vastly increasing accuracy at range.
      • Vanu Sovereignty: Lancer VS22
    • The Lancer VS22’s charge up particle accelerator is capable of firing a beam that punches through enemy armor with frightening speed. The more the weapon is charged the more ammunition will be used, causing more damage.
    • Client stability improvements
    • All factions should now be able to equip the Burning Resolve Armor Decal appropriately
    • Lock-on UI for A2A missiles fixed
    • Up x 4
  12. Seraphix

I have been playing this game less than 3 weeks and I am starting to regret contributing to such an incompetent company.
  13. Emperor88

I'm sorry guys but I can't complain anymore now that I know that the rocket launchers are being added. A nice surprise from sony indeed.
  14. Kozmyk

Finally!
    78 mins into the downtime they tell us something.
  15. Venomoroth

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA AHAH AHAHAHAHAHAA!! havn't you learned anything from the last patches - or from yesterday's downtime?
    • Up x 3
  16. The Tune

they managed to **** it up again.
    how about a test server to test the new stuff so they don't have to take the other servers always down
    wich gets annoying because 2 days without planetside people are getting frustrated.
  17. Just nice

I have stopped caring when the servers are offline. Though it sucks horribly, I can just get to the forums and get a lot of entertainment.

For the record, all the defensive arguments given in this thread by the groupies are bullcrap, and I don't feel like specifying why. I have a feeling you already know before you even spread typed all of it.

But hey, I also know that IT is never a perfect field, and there can be multiple reasons when bad things happen. Blaming people is sometimes justified and sometimes not, but ultimately never works.

/me grabs popcorn and watches funny raging.
  18. Erro

Relax, folks, it's almost there.
    Honestly, I dunno why everyone is so up in arms over server downtime. Sure, I'm sitting here reading through pages of huffing and grumbling instead of blasting through another kill streak, and it certainly isn't as entertaining. Give Sony a little credit, they are doing their best. Have you looked at the roadmap? There's much to do, so you and I can get more out of our f2p game.
    So go make a cup of coffee, fire up some old school Pac-Man for a bit, and check back in an hour.
  19. Tomoki Sakurai

=.- agin MANTI
  20. Metalsand

Still a company based in America even if that's true. WoT and Star Conflict are both based in Russia, so to me their day ends at 7pm EST.