Purchased common pool item more than once? U Get Nuttin!!!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by -Crotalus-, Mar 21, 2013.

1. -Crotalus-

And we appreciate your blatant bias via your signature

However they did say they were working on "a solution" for multiple item purchases a LONG time back when account unlocks were first announced yet not a word since. And myself and others have also mentioned that they have seen CSRs use the word refund.

I say it goes a long way to show that all the people who are affected by this have not once said "give me my money back"

I guess god forbid people get mad and feel cheated when they are literally robbed of money spent.
    • Up x 1
  2. Talizzar

I find myself playing less and less. I signed up for a year sub. I may ask that they terminate early. I also spent money in the shop and the spin I see by Higby reminds me of politics. Why didn't he say this from the start. He obviously knew about this information. He mislead many a paying customer by his original statement.

Another patch that doesn't run right and stepping on the throats of those that actually support the game is a big turn off.

If they want to move into Esports they HAVE to have the same weapons available across each faction. Why they continue to build specific weapons, ie launchers when they don't fit into the Esports arena is a complete waste of time.

If it is worth doing, it is worth doing right the first time. SOE took short cuts because they made "promises" that they could not keep and were getting pressured and now that they have release this mess they are taking more heat.

I will never believe another word from a Dev in this game until it is released live. There is way too much spin and deception coming from the so called leaders of this title.
    • Up x 2
  3. -Crotalus-

Agreed, it really does feel like a political misinformation or campaign.

ALL of this could have been avoided by being upfront and honest from the moment account unlocks hit the roadmap
  4. Phrygen

The sad truth is this issue is dead. They did what they were willing to do, and they wont do a quality job of implementing the intent of this system for months at the least.

its best juts to accept it and not pay SC for items that were left out.
  5. Ronin Oni

Maybe because he's the point man for forum communique?

It's not like HigSmedbly is going to ignore Radar's reports on the pulse of the forums FFS
  6. Ronin Oni

Wow, so basically even though they never even originally considered doing faction 'equivalent' unlocks they're now considering it from feedback?

holy hell....

who wants to keep saying that they don't listen nor care?

And Radar, thanks for reading through this thread (and it's collection of rants and raves) preening for good input... it's much appreciated.
    • Up x 3
  7. Aisar

This is hardly the "pulse of the forums". More like a very loud, immature group of people who are filling this thread with ignorance. They don't listen to reason or logic, they want to argue the same thing over and over. Even when you clearly explain they still come back with arguments or comments that either make absolutely no sense or ignore logic altogether. There's no mature, reasonable debate here that I can see.
    • Up x 1
  8. DarkSteve

It seems that almost this entire "problem" is based on a sense of entitlement.
    Let me clarify:
    You buy a product, and you get what you pay for.
    What that means is, that if, as an example, you decided to buy a weapon for the lightning on several characters, you made the decision to spend money to get that weapon on several characters. So where is the problem? The fact that you would now also be able to get that weapon on several characters for less money is irrelevant, as you decided that getting that weapon for those characters was worth the amount of money you paid.
    SOE is just being nice, and are giving you free stuff.
    Complaining about that because you think that this is somehow evil and greedy, is not justified.
    The only reason for people to complain, would have been if SOE had said that they would provide SC refunds, and then someone bought a weapon on several characters to have it available, without intending to actually spend that amount of money.
    But SOE never said they would offer SC refunds, so anyone who thought he could go ahead and spend money he would get back later, just to get earlier access to a weapon can just blame himself for not actually reading what SOE said.
    This entire thing is basically just a discount. You get more stuff for your money. So stop acting like you are entitled to even more free stuff.
    • Up x 1
  9. NietCheese

The worst part of this is that the kinds of people who buy an AV turret for 2 or 3 of their characters are the kinds who DO spend money on this game in great quantities.

Burn those people, make them lose their trust in you, diminish their goodwill and you lose a lot of big spenders. I bought 2 AV turrets, 2 Annihilators. I was expecting some kind of solution, even if it was just a token to buy a different weapon in this game or a 50% SC refund. To get nothing just burns bridges.

You are already tarnishing the game with the pay to win style of weapons releases and weapons balancing. The SMG in the hands of a sniper shouldn't be able to beat a fully shielded NC heavy with an LMG - this is just pay to win crap with little thought into game balance. Should an infiltrator be a strong class in toe to toe battles because he paid 700SC and can hold down left mouse?
    • Up x 4
  10. MilitiaMan

I honestly couldn't give a **** less about cross faction equivalent, though I would enjoy it.

Though honestly I may get made about it for the same reason....

Spent 21$ on burster arms, now everyone gets them for 7$.

Spent 21$ on Skyguard, now everyone gets them for 7$.

Getting shafted 28$ doesn't really feel that great, and I didn't even get dinner or my hair pulled.
  11. Aisar

Thank you..I couldn't be bothered to explain that. Also look up irony, that's a great one for this thread. As in, we were given something, and then we turned around and demanded more. Without receiving, this never would have been a thing.

Irony.
    • Up x 1
  12. MilitiaMan

And you people seem to be blind to why people are angry.

The street goes both ways.
    • Up x 1
  13. MilitiaMan

Incorrect sir,

It is more like paying money for 3 items then having 2 of the 3 items taken away but they still keep the money for all 3 items.
    • Up x 1
  14. Aisar

I think that is where you are confused because that makes no sense at all.
    • Up x 2
  15. Lucidius134

Agreed. I respect the guy a lot. I have moments where i'm just a dick or say something stupid but there's times where i'll genuinly try and point some one in the right direction (normally Account/Billing and or SOE Customer Survice Reps) just to maybe help a little tiny bit to relieve some of the crap he and TSR reps and other staff has to deal with.

/salute
  16. Ronin Oni

I was referring to those of us with real feedback and not just posting whine after whine.....
  17. Aisar

Hmm I guess we will just have to agree to disagree because this has gotten very ridiculous. Have fun all, try to keep it civil ;)
  18. MilitiaMan

• Up x 3
  19. Zorro

Basically, if this continues....
  20. Ash87

Oh, Sir! Sir... you forgot my post in your victory lap, or did you forget to address it. It must be the second one. Just a reminder!

Or are you entitled to ignore it?