PhysX - Now disabled again

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Sh0xy, Mar 20, 2013.

1. Sh0xy

Thanks SOE.

In the wake of the horrid FPS you caused me I took to configuring my computer in order to amend the issue, by way of forum help and personal troubleshooting, and after weeks of this issue, last night i FINALLY had a breakthrough, and restored my old FPS, and to my absolute delight I could finally flick PhysX on again.

Then you turned it off again. Pulling a SimCity are we and disabling features to get your game to work. Sorry but you shouldn't have let me have last nights play session with PhysX, i now feel compelled to not only not play, but not invest in the game financially either. The appeal for me in this game is that its a relatively cutting edge first person shooter. Other then Borderlands and perhaps a few other select titles, you guy's utilized PhysX (quite impressively too), and that was the draw for me to play on this title. The weeks i've endured playing on low settings without PhysX were enough, you had to give it to me for a fleeting moment and then take it away AGAIN.

Screw you SOE. Turn it back on ):
  2. HellasVagabond

Wow, way to go....You are giving your input by telling them to screw themselves.....Nice.....NOT.

They will eventually turn PhysX back on, the game is still in Open Beta.
  3. Sh0xy

Lol, only game i've seen that has a working cash shop that charges people real money during an 'open beta'. People need to stop using the 'it's still in beta' excuse. It's just that - an excuse. I'm pretty sure if i google "Planetside Launchdate" it won't tell me the games in beta, nor does it state anywhere on the site its in beta.

Also i didn't know it was common practice to create a subscriber base whilst still in beta, seems a bit bizarre to me. Isn't the defition of beta in this context, 'a phase purely for testing purposes'.

So are you telling me we're paying money to test this game? When I think about it like that I want to give them my money even less. Or alternatively I probably wouldn't be thinking about it at all if they got their **** together and stopped doing things such as this.

Imagine if it was a case of "To optimise performance we've taken away medium and high settings". You can still play the game, its the same game, it just doesn't look anywhere near as good. /shrug.

Moral of the story: Turn PhysX back on. Cant even comprehend turning it off to be honest. Shouldn't the goal be to get the game working with all its feature's succinctly working together. Seeing as we're doing half of there testing and troubleshooting for them, seems like a better idea to leave it on, even with your logic, because hey, its beta, we're just testers right.
  4. HellasVagabond

The game is still in Open Beta because SOE rushed to release it. At the end of the day they are Not Forcing you to spend money on it, you are doing it on your own free will as do we all.
  5. Sh0xy

6. Sh0xy

7. Reloaded

Aaaaaand, it's back.
  8. Stig Sjøberg