Why cant c-4 just detonate on respawn?...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MasterCheef, Mar 20, 2013.

1. MasterCheef

if a tank driver allows me to get close enough to place c-4, they deserve to die. If they kill me before i detonate, then it should be a stale mate.

it takes 10+ sec. to place 2 c-4, i should get that kill.
  2. Wasdie

I've been using C4 far more often, and while losing your C4 if you die before you det is annoying, it's far more balanced. Being able to plant 2 C4 blocks on anything smaller than a sunderer and blow it up instantly should come at a lot of risk.

I would just like the animation to be cleaned up and the whole experience to feel better. Last night I found myself dead several times after my C4 just refused to explode. I think the server was lagging.
    • Up x 1
  3. Wasdie

It does not take 10+ seconds to play 2 c-4. Not at all. 2-3 seconds max. Stop making crap up.
    • Up x 1
  4. InvalidCast

My suggestion for a compromise was moved to Ideas and Suggestions: Link

Basically give us a dead man switch we can use after we have dropped both C4. It requires an action to enable it and you can't do much else while holding the switch.

I've had the no detonation bug too when the server was extra laggy and could only fix it by restarting the client.
  5. MasterCheef

there is a delay between deploying bricks and there is a delay when detonating. maybe 10 seconds is too much, but its much longer than 3 seconds.
  6. Wobberjockey

so.. you want to add another thing infiltrators can't do to the already arms length list...
  7. Wasdie

No it's not. It just feels that way because when you're jumping onto an enemy tank and trying to det it's a very exciting moment and time feels like it slows down.

Just like when you run out of ammo and have to reload while you're getting shot at. Seems like it takes forever but really the reload times aren't very long.
  8. Oheck

You're that desperate to get that kill eh? Having it auto detonate is a silly idea. You made your attempt and died trying. Done deal. You lose. Now I do think that the c4 shouldn't disappear, but that has to come with the a ability to remove it. That or give it a 3 to 5 minute despawn time after the engie dies so others have a chance to set it off by other means. Would give the engie a chance to hunt said vehicle down if he desires or let squad members know to look out for it. It would also affect whether that vehicle operator wants to remain on the field or to withdraw till the timer expires.
  9. Talizzar

Take away 3rd party view which shouldn't be in the game.

Despawning C4 at death makes no sense. I can understand not being able to detonate it with the the detonator but a rocket or another tank shell, nade etc should make it go boom.

Anyone that can place C4, mines, etc should also get the skill to diffuse said device and convert it back to what it was or resources.
  10. hostilechild

I prefer No despawn, but you have to be within 10m of your c4 to detonate it. So you have to go back and risk dieing again, or assuming you can rocket/grenade explode the c4 or have a friend do it. If an engineer can deactivate the c4 this would be great. It would also mean the tank driver has to get out so i can shoot him :D

Right now its annoying. Takes a good bit of time to plant 2 c4, pause in between and lag makes its sometimes multiple clicks. Then you try to detonate it and it can take multiple clicks to detonate. Last night i clicked 4 times to detonate with no luck only to die to a shotgun before i could detonate. He probably wouldn't have found me, but i was so pissed it wouldn't detonate i stood still with a w.t-f.
  11. HellasVagabond

So you want free kills even if you die....NO.
  12. MasterCheef

because no class gets free kills after they die right???

If i got close enough to place the c-4, then the kill is not "free". in fact, it takes more risk, forethought and skill than other devices.
  13. HellasVagabond

You got close, you got caught, you lost, you died. That's it, you can't expect a free kill (or kills) just because you got CLOSE to something.
    If that was the case we should all have free kills because we got close to several enemy vehicles or places.
  14. iccle

^exactly
  15. CaligoIllioneus

Then fix the C4 dropping animation. It often takes a lot of time to drop those two bricks of C4 because of that crappy animation, and there's a delay between you dropping the C4 and being able to detonate it.

In fact the animation is so bad that I often have to check the "ammo counter" to see if I dropped the C4 brick or not.
  16. HellasVagabond

The game is filled with bugs, that means nothing. When they fix all of them then they will fix this as well.
  17. CaligoIllioneus

I don't think it's a bug, I think it's the animation itself that is wrong.
  18. Xebov

Why should infiltrators be able to disarm a explosive that they cant place? Infiltrators can do alot of stuff and if you have ideas, they opened up the Revamp threads for all classes at the Roadmap.
  19. InvalidCast

Yes, but you do get credit for an assist when someone finally does kill that person. Shouldn't the same be true for someone who uses C4? Why shouldn't the C4 stay (until the player deploys more) but be unable to be detonated by the player that dropped it (I agree it should be able to be manually deactivated without exploding as should all deployable explosives)?

Let's face it, despawning the C4 on death was a quick and dirty fix to the problem just like the previous attempt to fix AT mines (which was reverted). Now we are left with something that is all or nothing.
  20. HellasVagabond

It's called BALANCE.....And it's not the same as a kill assist because that MAY never come. C4 exploding is certain death for anything near it, especially if there are more than just 1.