I want to choose where to drop my pod

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Bad News, Mar 19, 2013.

1. Bad News

Why was it removed? I guess SOE did think it was OP when platoons dropped on bases? Well teamwork is OP and it should be so. That platoon can only take one base at the time and everyone can do it.
    So can I have it back please?
    I really liked this game because it was easy to find a fight, If i had 10 min over i could play some. But now it take too long time to get to the fight.
    This annoys me more and more because I play for inf fights and not to drive a taxi.
    • Up x 1
  2. FA18

Because (Using the TE as an example, can't confirm if they did this or not) and outfit like say, The Enclave, could abuse the drop pods and with their massive manpower, they could destroy any chance of a successful defense of a facility.

TL;DR to prevent the Platoon zerg from mass dropping on a facility
    • Up x 2
  3. Bill Hicks

Drop pods are supposed replicate the dangerous exhilaration of paratroopers being dropped behind enemy lines.
  4. phreec

It's Instant Action. Not "Quick Travel to a Place On the Map, Most Likely The Crown Area" button. It still does exactly what it's supposed to do and drop you into action (usually). It needs some refining so it doesn't drop you into fights where you end up being the only one from your faction or emtpy, already cleared bases.
  5. Bad News

I don't see the problem, sure it is a I win button if used right. But everyone can use it.
    And why would it matter if enemy drop and take a base? Let them have it, it doesn't matter.

Before last patch you could choose from 5 different places to drop your pod at. So we did have a quick travel to good fights. And it is that i want back.
    I don't think instant action do exactly what it is suppose to. Many times i got to a fight that was over a long time ago or like today, drop me in the middle of crown when the two other factions was fighting over it.

And I Want to choose what continent i fight on.
  6. CrashB111

*I am at Mao Tech on Indar*
    "Hmm, this place seems rather dead now, I have my MAX suit on already and there are no Sunderers to carry me, better Instant Action and hope for the best."
    *Warps me to Sungrey Amp Station on Amerish*
    "What the duece? I am now behind NC lines with nothing but enemies around and just my dual mercies!"

Fantastic system they have now.
  7. Vladimer

I think you should be able to drop the pod anywhere as well ... BUT, you should not be allowed to drop it on the facility itself.

If it was handled the way it was in PS1 I would fully support it. You did not have people complaining about mass HART's then.

I am totally a culprit of this as well, I'll pull a infiltrator and drop the pod right on the center of the facility and snipe everyone from within. I still think it is cheap and should not be in the system though and will not miss that if they get around to 'fixing' it.
  8. St0mpy

Just think if we were allowed to drop our pod anywhere? Indar would be full of pod, pod would be oozing out of the crown, perhaps we could make a rule that we can only drop our pod around the back so it all flowed down the mountain instead of create rivers of pod which may impede general transportation.

I know everyone used to misuse it and drop many pods at once, but the buggers would flee or died before we could catch them so now you can only drop your pod in the approved manner, single file.

The worst thing now is sometimes being required to drop your pod where you just dropped it before, ok so its probably a good thing to localise the fallout but dropping a pod in a new location is a fun thing, a change rather than the staleness of the same old piles of pod.
  9. JChronus

the first time i used instant action i got dropped into the middle of nowhere in a 3 vs 3 fight, Nice :eek:

i miss the old system, at least i had a choice
  10. CommodoreFrank

Actually, that's what the Galaxy is for.
    • Up x 2
  11. Louis Farrakhan

12. StrikerKOJ

Bring back that HART, Sony...
  13. Owleyes

2 words- Spawn Beacon

Last thing i want is 100 zergers dropping on my head all at once. Working as intended.
    • Up x 1
  14. ExarRazor

oh yes, they did indeed abuse it.
  15. Kukuguy

1. Join a platoon
    2. Squad leader galaxy drop into base
    3. Squad leader drop down spawn beacon
    4. Squad spawn on bacon
    5.??
    6. Profit
  16. ScrapyardBob

Basically, it was horribly over used by *all* of the organized outfits on all sides. Attacking a major facility? "Everyone bring up your map and hit deploy on XYZ in 3... 2... 1...". Suddenly the sky fills with dozens and dozens of drop pods, which get a free pass behind the perimeter, on top of buildings, etc.

IA would have been fine, *if* the developers had changed the system so that it would drop you:
    - Outside any defensive perimeter (roughly 100-300m away from the center)
    - Only on the sides of the target where you have friendly influence

So if you were going to drop at The Crown, which is under enemy control, and you have Ti Alloys and Crossroads and Zurvan, then you would drop on the west / south / east side in an arc around it. The Ti Alloys - Crown drop point would be on the bridge, Crossroads - Crown would be on "Magrider Hill" and Zurvan - Crown would be down under the stone arch. About 1/3 of your forces would end up at each of those three points.

This would have also fixed their decision to drop new players into a battle at the very start. By ensuring that players only drop in on sides bordering friendly controlled territory and being 100-300m away from the objective, new players would be far more likely to live long enough to look around and figure out which way to point the gun.
  17. nubery

You're completely ignorant to what you're talking about.

You can't instant action on an empty base. Why is this relevant to ghost capping? Ghost capping is flipping the point on an empty base and leaving, letting the cap finish on its own.

Since instant action only drops you on hotspots... What the **** were you even saying?
  18. nubery

It takes roughly 2 minutes of driving to find a battle. If that isn't manageable for you then maybe you should go play a game that isn't an open world conquest. Try Call of Duty or Battlefield.
  19. treeHamster

They could fix it simply by not allowing outfits to choose. There simple enough. If you're in an outfit, it'll be randomized, if you're not in an outfit, you can choose where you go.

This is dumb because it only works like 20% of the time now. ~60% of the time I get dropped into some place where there either is no fight or the fight just ended. Another 20% of the time I get dropped into a fight between the other two factions and get ***** in under 2 seconds. Only about 20% of the time do I even get dropped into a fight with my faction that is still going. That 20% of the time I have NO idea what I'll need or WHERE I'll be. I end up just using Scythes now for transpo as the hot drop is Russian Roulette at best.
  20. Shasbot

What's a spawn beacon?? What's a galaxy?? How do I play this game???