Does anyone think this game is actually getting better not worse?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Xine2k, Mar 19, 2013.

1. siiix

there is a reason for this

#1 you need a top of the line computer and internet to play this game, most people i know do not have that

#2 no one in the right mind want to play an infantry only game with 6000 people on the server with a map that is designed for vehicle battle, if i want to play infantry game i dont need even 200 people on the server and i need maps that are designed for such

#3 for classic REAL battlefield players (not the infantry only fakers), this game WAS the only game appealing, battlefield2 (the last REAL battlefield game, or anything like it) had more then TWICE the player base then ALL planetside2 servers combined at its peak
    ,most simultaneous logins planetside2 25000, battlefield2 55000... but this game lost its all-out-war feeling, and i as classic battlefield player can confirm this game now officially is just f***g around and cert farming, it has no team play feel to it, vehicles are garbage ... its not really fun anymore...and STILL battlefield2 had team play features planetside2 never had... so that player base is less and less interested as well

free2play ? kidding me :) need a computer that nasa would be jealous to play the game but care about saving $50 on a boxed game... yeah that happens a lot ;) NOT

so what is the vision ? who is the type of player SOE try to attract ? because from what can see they even alienated the old PS1 players (not that there is a enough of them to begin with to make the game profitable)

so far i consider this game a FAIL, because its good to listen to the community BUT NOT losing your vision completelly, some suggestions should be just ignored, in fact OFFICIALLY DENIED
  2. Marinealver

It is getting better, but still got a ways to catch up with the quality Planetside(1) when it was launch.
  3. TeknoBug

I don't particularly think it's getting better yet, performance is getting worse per patch, large scale fights are getting smaller and very little has been changed other than new weapons being added and a few tweaks here and there. At least you can see bouncing betties and prox mines now, they don't seem to disappear into the ground anymore.

Devs seem more focused on getting this game into the MLG.
  4. MarlboroMan-E

Better. better balance, better bases, and ... you heard it here first ... better performance. Fact of the matter is that fps is up since beta, even if it wasdown tthis weekend. Better in every way.
  5. Sov21

Ignore naysayers, I've been waiting for an MMO FPS for years, and when the PS2 beta was presented to me I've played it since. I feel like the game has a long way to go, but its only been out for a few months.
  6. MarkAntony

Yes. I do. It's getting better. But it always seems to take two steps forward and then one back.
  7. Zer0range

The game is getting better in general even though there are setbacks and certain aspects of the game are drifting towards the borderline farcical (e.g. air).
  8. TomaHawk

I was MEH OK until GU04. Still having fun before it, so I kept playing. Then this **** of a patch comes out making it painfully obvious SOE is not testing much if anything. Double XP weekend with the lag WAS NOT FUN with breaking Prowlers/MBTs in general. There was an obvious delay just getting in and out of vehicles FFS. Even repairing was broken; would not register or register in pieces. Getting kills/being killed was equally atrocious.

1. Broken Prowler. I know all tanks suffer GU04's IDIOTIC introduction of back and forth rocking + recoil, but since it's felt much more on the Prowler due to the 2nd barrel, this pisses me off the most.

2. Lag. Releasing GU04 + double XP weekend = Mentally challenged thinking here on the part of SOE, and I am being nice.

3. SOE has made it clear they are not testing patches adequately before release. They break things that I will find within 5 minutes of normal gameplay. This feels like a "**** you, players, we don't care enough about your experience, so here it is anyway".

4. Intro of new deploy "options". Sorry, but this feature of getting onto the ground has suffered. I spend more time looking at the changes trying to figure out the next best option since this went from pretty good to **** now. Deploying is now rightfully "Flushing", it's no longer a "deploy" anymore.

What angers me the most is this game had the most potential of any I've been playing recently, and up until the last couple of patches, was doing alright, despite the aggravating breaks. GU04 and their lack of responding has prompted me to look elsewhere now.
  9. Mhaza

I don't like the way they protect spawnpoints. Of course I get spawnlocked as well, but hey: if you can't hold it before they move in. Why would you keep defending anyway.

But it's not getting worse. 1 GU makes things worse, other GU's fixes it again. That's what you get in a game where people always cry over OP stuff.

Edit: GU3 ruined a lot for me. But now in GU4 I have loads of fun again.
  10. vooodooov

I think they are going an excellent route with class balance, with exeptable faction balance.

I really enjoy all the changed stuff becide the ever occuring performace issues.
  11. JokeForgrim

Ive gone from 120 frames (at launch) 80-90 in a big biolab fight.

To between 80 and 30 (GU02).

To now 60 and 15 (GU04)

Not to mention the server lag is out of control lately.

Nothing has changed in my hardware.

So... Yeah the game is getting better to play (in game mechanics wise) but its getting almost unplayable (gameplay wise)

Test server anyone? Roll back and repatch anyone? Put it on the roadmap and i will vote it up.
  12. Jaquio

If you are "Xine" on Helios, then you're an outright liar.
  13. smokemaker

Not a fan of "nerf'ing"
    But over all I am happy with the current game.
  14. Zaik

It's so weird. How short is your memory exactly? Two weeks?
  15. D-Spirith

Definitely better than before.
  16. SiosDashcR

I miss my one shot one kill Prowler. :c
  17. JChronus

depends who you are fighting for, i love VS however nerf after nerf has ruined it for me, I'm about ready to take the rest of my money and leave at this point.
  18. Urban Cohort

Gut feeling? I think the game is improving...

Maybe it's making progress like a blindfolded drunk whose been playing dizzybats for the past 3 hours, but baby steps is progress...
  19. Fivetide

For me none of the changes has really made an impact on the actual gameplay. The buffs/nerfs are ok but has no significant impact on my gameplay. I like that i can finally test weapons at the training area, but it makes no change for how i play the game. The new weapons i dont care about as i do ok with the weapons i have available. The changes to spawnrooms dont matter as i cant be bothered to stay in a base that is lost.

After all the updates people still camp the crown and certfarming is still tha name of the game. Nothing has be introduced to change that. There is still no tactical element to the game.

The only thing that makes an impact is the lack of testing that gives massive performance issues after every patch.
  20. LanceHavenbay

With the exception of the stutter frames? Yes.