Application Update service.exe missing

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by LordNicon, Mar 18, 2013.

1. LordNicon

I´ve installed the Game for the 4 time, but all Installation doesnt have the AUS.exe

How can i fix that Problem? Cant update the Game all the time.

Dont want to download the game again
  2. LordNicon

Ah the complete Folder in Users/local/... is missing. the SOE Folder is on Locallow but there is no AUS.exe
  3. LordNicon

That is the Log File:

2013-03-18 21:20:48 1363638048 32 2 4470958266 Application updater file not found, filepath=C:/Users/XXX/AppData/Local/Sony Online Entertainment/ApplicationUpdater/ApplicationDownloaderService.exe.
    2013-03-18 21:20:48 1363638048 33 3 4470958266 Application updater failed to validate, recovery is required.

what is the Problem plz help
  4. LordNicon

the complete Path is not existing from .../Sony Online.....
  5. LordNicon

Is it possible to get some informations as a paying member? I´ve lost many days while paying just to fix the Update Problem by downloading the game everytime.
  6. Kookamunga

Click on the wrench in the lower left of the launch screen
    Click on "Validate" Files
    See if that helps
  7. LordNicon

No it doesnt
  8. Kookamunga

Now I remember , you need to have the game installed on your C:\drive , not anywhere else

Move all files to folder c:\users\public\SonyOnlineEntertainment\Planetside2
  9. LordNicon

ok i´ve moved it

checking game installation and see what happens
  10. LordNicon

ok look good but not perfect

i still got to SOE Folder 1: with all Game data in it and a 2 one with the digest user attrbution and stuff

should i copy that Folders out in the main SOE with game data or should i copy the whole SOE Folder inside the Planetside 2 Folder too??
  11. Kookamunga

Everything should go in here

C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\PlanetSide 2

Sorry i was at work earlier , could not remember exactly
  12. LordNicon

So i moved all Folders to the Directory even the Folder (SOE with Digest Users) from Locallow but then it wont update again.

now i reload the game again until the next update then i have to relaod again and again and again, because no supporter is able to answer the simple question: why i dont have a Application update Service.exe!!!

I still dont get it with the new DL all i got is the log file:

2013-03-18 23:57:52 1363647471 32 2 4480381794 Application updater file not found, filepath=C:/Users/XXX/AppData/Local/Sony Online Entertainment/ApplicationUpdater/ApplicationDownloaderService.exe.
    2013-03-18 23:57:52 1363647471 33 3 4480381794 Application updater failed to validate, recovery is required.

it is the 5 time installation of the whole game because tickets where not answered!!!

just with "try knowledge Base" or "Planetside need much ressources"

I got a averange FPS from 50 in big battles on high settings so the ressources must be enough to kick such answers from a support!!!

The mighty knowlegde Base dont even know the part of Aus.exe also.
  13. LordNicon

Still no response from a supporter for that Problem....unbelievable
  14. Echor

1, Are you running it as administrator? If not try it. (The launchpad that is, before you run 'Validate game Assets')

2, Assuming you've got everything in the default locations now, in your filepath you hid your name with XXXX, does your name contain any characters that are localised to you? That is any character that would not be used by the US? If it does try changing your user name to simple characters.
  15. LordNicon

Yes i run as administrator....my Username is a normal name like Joe or Jesse ((but i install it to the public folder) that alone is a fact that could not be because as the user of my PC i might have to have the choice where to install a game!!! and it have to work without getting trouble with my choice)

The Problem is that the Game Data seems to "forget" creating the AppData Folder for the AUS.exe also at the 5 time reinstallation it doenst create it...the log file shows it at 20:48 no File and the new datas at 23:57 also cant find the folder.
  16. Echor

You say '5 time reinstallaton' does that mean you've downloaded the whole game 5 times? Or is that running the 'Validate game Assets' from the launchpad?

Are you installing from steam or using the SOE installer?
  17. Loui5D

Validating will not find the files, as i would assume it uses that exe file to check for new files and there probably is a flag to download all files, either nuke the folder and start from fresh with a clean install or get hold of that exe.
  18. LordNicon

Yes i have to download the whole game 5 Times because updating is not possible!!!!

I lost 20 Days waiting for Tickets or DL Game...

Loui

I start with a clean install as i say for 5 times.....always because i use the unistall button of the Setup exe, or i erase them by nuking all folders of planetside.

But every DL dont create the AUs.exe....and no support still answers to that fu... Problem anyway.
  19. icBacon

Where did you get with this LordNicon? I am having this same problem, and so are others too. Did you manage to fix it?
  20. AlienTheKiller

Hi,
    Does somebody know how to solve this isssue ?
    I'am facing the sameone. So I have completly uninstalled the game, I have cleaned my machine, and I have install the game from scratch.
    The welcome screen appears. I have checked file thru advanced tools (lower left of the main primary screen) and everything seems fine.
    I select Play, on the next screen I can select my "character" and click play again ..... but the game crashes .

Any idea ?
    Config Win 7 pro 64 bits (i7 3,5Ghz overclocked 4.5, AMD HD7990, SSD, 16Go RAM)

Thanks for all your comment