Lancer can't 1 shot ESF's but the other ESL's can?....

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by treeHamster, Mar 18, 2013.

1. Raital

I doubt any of the new launchers will one-shot ESFs. That doesn't mean you won't see entire squads and outfits running the Lancer, Striker or Phoenix and shutting down all air and ground around them if SOE isn't careful with how they handle these ESLs, after which they'll probably overnerf the weapons and they'll be dropped into the same trash bin the Annihilator has been thrown into.

Anyway, I'm sure they're taking their time because they realize if they screw this up it's going to turn into an infantry-only kind of game again. Might as well see if they nail it when they come out, or if the ESLs are going to join the trash heap with the Annihilators (and the HA Heavy AI weapons, now that I think about it).
  2. CrispyHaze

Was that a joke that went over my head, or are you actually that confused? Read the OP before embarrassing yourself.
  3. Imperium Assault

1 shotting ESF would be ******edly OP
    • Up x 1
  4. Sebastien

You had to charge it up to fire it.
  5. Dusty Lens

Hi!

I'm a bit late to the conversation. Probably end up in obscurity.

So. The Lancer. It's pretty sniper like, yeh?

Like. You charge it up. Point it out the window, then whoosh laser?

So if it can't one shot an ESF. But it can snipe an ESF. Doesn't that mean that a few heavy assaults, maybe even two, could snipe an ESF?

Man. I dunno about you. But that sounds like a pretty sweet deal to me. ESF isn't fussed about locks. Isn't getting flak. Is sitting there fat and happy. Then he's dead. Or flying towards a spawn room, waiting to dodge out of the way the second there's a lock or flack. Then he's dead.

Or doing anything, feeling his angle of approach based on opposition received.

Then he's dead.

Tracking stuff is pretty nice. Being able to fling a camera missile aint bad. But so far as murdering air goes I'd dare say that the Vanu are sitting pretty darn pretty atop the hill of awesome. Infantry anti-armor sniper rifles. What more could you ask for against flare dispensing AB chucking dive bombing ESFs than the ability to point and click them away?
    • Up x 1
  6. Leo Di Caprio

What sort of imbecile argues a post with incoherent ramblings that do not pertain to anything said to that post?

Again, who THE HELL is talking about the lancer? I spoke of striker and phoenix and you babbled nonsense as a reply, but let me not embarrass myself any further.
  7. ScorpDK

With teamwork, you can do many great things. Such as coordinated sniping the VS did in Beta, before they got the Bolt-Action Rifles. Both guys firing at the same moment, that's just how the Lancer has to be used. 2-3 HA timing their shots already works with Decimators when fighting Liberators (tried it myself with some random squaddies), so with a Lancer it's even deadlier, since there might be literally no way to dodge out of it.
  8. CrispyHaze

I was quoting TreeHamster, your post wasn't even there when I was replying. I have no idea why it replaced his quote with yours. Either way it should have been fairly obvious in the vein of our discussion that I was replying to him the entire way through. You got pretty ******** over a mistaken quote though lol.
  9. Chiss

Wait until the damn thing is released, test it, THEN COMPLAIN. Jesus.
    • Up x 2
  10. Erik

For the love of god can we hold the QQ until we have had a chance to try them out, your embarrassing Vanu.
    • Up x 1
  11. Sabreur

+1
  12. DuckSauce

If I were a dev working on this game, I'd:
    1. Push the ESRL release back two more weeks.
    2. Release one tiny detail about the launchers every couple days.
    3. Grab some popcorn and come to the forums to watch the tears.
    One of the many reasons I'm not employed as a game developer. But seriously, wait for the damn things to come out.
  13. RHINO_Mk.II

Please save your whining until it actually comes out.
  14. Pikachu

Since when does the default RL have enough damage to destroy an airplane in 1 hit? The phoenix shooter will have around the same damage they said.
  15. GSZenith

you just gave me the best idea ever...
    banana peels for engi...

banana peel 100/200certs
    unlock 2(3) banna peels.
    banana peels allow the engi to place banana peel on the ground, they cannot be destroyed and last 5min.
    Whenever a atv/tank pass over a banana peel the steering becomes locked for 10seconds.

:D
  16. Drippyskippy

I'm going to save most of my judgement until the lancer actually is released. However, so far it sounds like it won't come close to measuring up to the lancer in PS1. It makes me a bit sad.
  17. treeHamster

I actually wasn't kidding. Watching some infantry slip face first onto the ground (new animation required of course) would be worth it just to annoy the hell out of the TR and NC infantry even if it didn't damage them.

Oh I'm sure it'll require you to be teathered to an ammo box and only be good for sniping MBT's at 350 meters.
  18. Silent255

There are more than likely going to be multiple lancers at any given time. Two people with full charges sniping a mossy will blow it up more than likely. Was never able to snipe down air in one shot with any ESL's in PS1 but I sure as hell was able to snipe any air that thought it would be okay to just stand still. Tanks will still get mass-***** by these, air will do what it always does without much hindrance.
  19. Amrok1

If we're really going to complain about things which aren't in the game yet but we think are unbalanced, can we instead talk about how scary locked down TR burster maxes are going to be? They should make it so every reaver or scythe they shoot down causes one random mossy to explode ;P.

Ok, now someone else complain about the balance of something we haven't gotten to use yet.
  20. treeHamster

The deployable yoga mat the VS MAX we will be receiving will definitely be under powered especially since all the stupid Zoidberg can do is squats.