Possible VOIP fix for Realtek HD Codec

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Stigler, Mar 18, 2013.

1. Stigler

Hello, this fix may work for some.

ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Gen3 Motherboard
    Win 7 64 bit
    Realtek HD onboard sound

I had updated my realtek hd sound to the current Realtek HD package from the ASUS site, that gave me a copper colored speaker and options. I had unistalled that package and went back to the default basic mobo driver and that did not help. I noticed Realtek had some updated codecs on their site so I uninstalled all my sound drivers and installed the realtek package, now I have a 3d looking speaker and better options, (it does use more mem about 10 mb more than both the ASUS packages I had, I hate stuff taking residence space in my memory.)

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/

Select High Definition Audio Codecs

Pick the correct one for your OS and 32 or 64 bit.

I now have clear ingame voice. Make sure to actually select your input mic and output speakers from the options in PS2 I had an issue when left on default device with my mic.

Also a warning, ingame voice when left on does cause me a hard lock at times in big battles. (I believe an exploit is still there for people to crash you, but who knows) I turn it on when I need it, and off when I dont. I am pretty sure I confirmed this for myself over the weekend marathon, 1-2 hrs hard lock with in game voice on (fri-sat), 8 hrs no issues with voice off (sunday) I had even declocked my vid card friday and played with it default through whole weekend.

Hopefully this helps some people. I never bothered to open any ports ect as was recommended, regardless you should not have to jump through hoops to get it to work right.

TS3 and Vent have always worked flawlessly for me.
  2. DonnyD.

This is not the first time realtek audio drivers have boned people in games. The R2.70 from last summer sometime gave a lot people a huge boost in FPS in PS2. The lesson, never buy realtek.
  3. Stigler

Yeah before this mobo I always had some sort of Sound Blaster card from Creative which worked great 99% of the time. The last one I had was the xtreme gamer, but that went with the system when I sold it.

I had read up on the Realtek 5.1 HD and most people were happy with it, performance and sound being on par with avg sound card equivelants like Creative, and I had no issues with it till PS2. I have a ton of different games/sims and it worked fine in all of them, including all VIOP skype/TS3/Ventrillo ect...

But yeah the R2.70 codec package is what worked for me and PS2 voip.
  4. ENGTX

i install the r2.70 driver , i couldn't download because mobo site haven't update any driver since 2011 . so could you suggest me any other driver install . realtek alc892.
    thanks .
  5. Stigler

I uninstalled my motherboard manufacturers realtek driver and installed the R2.70 Realtek driver from Realteks site, this is what worked on my ASUS. Its linked in the top post. The main realtek codec is not motherboard specific and should work on yours, but it is not guaranteed.

It will not harm your system, the sound will either work right or it will not. Just pick the Winxp/vista 32 or 64 or win7/8 32 or 64 bit for your operating system. If it does not work go to devices/ sound/ drivers and uninstall then reinstall you Mobo driver. Its all quick and painless.