Soon its time to show PS2 how the game is played.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Lordcoolio, Mar 18, 2013.

1. Lordcoolio

I have ordered the parts for my new machine containing (dont worry its just not for this game)

Rampage IV GENE, LGA2011, Intel X79, DDR3, µATX

Core i7-3930(K), LGA2011, 3.20GHz, 12MB planned minimum overclock to 4,5 ghz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan, 6GB GDDR5 (possible sli titan added later)

8GB Dual Kit Ripjaws x2 (more to be added later)

256GB 840 Pro Series SSD, 2.5", SATA III, Basic

Silver Arrow SB-E prosessorcooler

2TB Caviar Black, SATA III, 7200RPM, 64MB

(possible watercooling added later)

I have had awful performance with this game and if it continues with this ill give up forever.

Also i would like to see what kind of rigs other people are having.
  2. XRIST0

If they dont fix these performance issues , your new shiny parts dont mean a thing .

Theres users on here with the same hardware who have reported they have horrible frame rate .
  3. TheAppl3

I'll start taking bets right now that the above $2,600+ computer runs the game almost precisely at the level of my half-the-price setup (signature) considering the 3930k performs like a mildly worse 3770k with two extra cores that will make almost no impact. The Titan will be falling asleep as he's still severely CPU-limited in any significant battle.

Minimum bet is one quarter- gram of air.

I do hope as you implied that this is for professional work involving rendering/encoding/et cetera because it's a massive waste of money for anything else.
  4. TintaBux

It will run amazing, ignore the doubters, they just jealous.
  5. Lordcoolio

Yeah well, posting it here was a half joke. I know that i´am going to get an average performance from this game no matter how much money i throw at it and thats funny and sad at the same time; but like i said it is not just for this game and i am fully aware that the money/performance ratio is off the charts. Just a hobby of mine to very rarely buy new gear and build the best i can to see whats possible to get out of it is kinda a hobby of mine.
  6. DemoniWaari

Intel core i5 2500K (3.3GHz stock)
    Asus P8P67 PRO mainboard
    20GB DDR3 (DRAM Freq 667)
    AMD Radeon HD 6900
    OCZ-VERTEX2 64gb SSD for windows
    Westen Digital 1TB 7200rpm

That's pretty much what I can remember, I have zero performance issues in the game. Some random lags here and there, but nothing out of the ordinary.
  7. TheAppl3

Just making sure you realize what you'll be getting. If you know what to expect and want it anyway, that's your thing and kudos on the nice new system. Enjoy it :D

It'll run like slightly-faster-than-average molasses, just like everyone else who has a very high-end system. There's a wall of ~45-50fps in worst-case scenarios that very few break. That's terrible compared to the 80-350 I get in the other modern games I play and the 125-500 I would expect him to get in those games. So I suppose if we're talking performance relative to most other players of PS2, it will indeed be amazing because he won't be running at 30. Overall however, molasses.
  8. Beltway

Looks liek a great rigg to me. I'm sure you will have few issues if any. The only problem is, if the GU's keep sinking the performance eventually even your computer will have issues. I upgraded my system and it ran awesome until GU4. Now it's like I never upgraded at all.
    • Up x 1
  9. DonnyD.

Read the sig and prepare to drop into the 30's in big battles, Plenty of folks with better CPU's then I have are getting the same or worse FPS. Be strong we all feel your pain.