Keybindings for Snipers

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Neoxide, Mar 17, 2013.

1. Neoxide

I'm having issues sniping, mostly crouching and holding breath at the same time due to the location of the keys on my keyboard. I have tried the default and am currently using a swapped crouch and sprint binds where crouch is left shift and sprint/hold breath is left alt.

I was wondering if anyone had found more optimal binds for crouch and hold/breath in a way that I can still freely move with WASD if needed and not need to overstetch my pinky/ring finger to reach left shift while crouching with with left alt (or vice versa). Any insight is appreciated, even if it's different than usual.
  2. Ripshaft

There's a crouch toggle and crouch hold button, defaults ctrl and c, you dont need to hold c to crouch. Beyond that, I think the idea is that you're not supposed to move during hold breath.
  3. Vaphell

i toggle both crouching and running. I don't feel like holding keys all the time. The behavior is sort of annoyingly inconsistent though
    - when you zoom in, your always-run mode gets disabled and you need to reenable it (it got killed me more than few times when guy bumrushed me during scoping)
    - when you have both crouch and run enabled, you automatically get up when moving forward (can betray your position)

also i moved grenade away from G key. I threw grenades all the time while trying to reach H for bigger map or when messing hand position and trying to use F for cloak. I am left handed and operating 3 different keys with pinky is not comfortable nor trivial.

Also i've deleted entries for scroll weapons and used the mousewheel for scale map up down ([, ] by default) - it rocks.
  4. DemoniWaari

I too use the toggles for sniping and sprinting, but it all depends on the situation. If I need to hold my breath, yeah I use the toggle, but if I'm running and just quickly wanting to get to cover I just hold the ctrl.
    Though I do have to say that it's kinda annoying that if you have sprint toggled on and then you toggle crouch and more forward it automatically jumps up and starts sprinting.