Crashes - anybody else getting them?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Exoz, Mar 16, 2013.

1. Deth

I have been crashing since the update. I have erased my .ini file, Remove the physx lines from .ini file. Tested my video card. Everything runs great except planetside 2. I can't even play because I just lock up in battles and game either crashes or I have to close it. All my drivers are up to date. I just built this pc. I don't know why some people are not having the same problem with crashing. I play on connery.
  2. Exoz

Still crashing, installed fresh copy of windows, everything, same story, what did this update do that I'm crashing 24/7?
  3. Auromas

I have the same problem. Also, I have deleted my useroption.ini. I have always crashes. it is simply unplayable. If it does not crash, then the low FPS to make a play impossible.
  4. Vortok

I've always had intermittent crashes (assuming due to low RAM, rather old PC at this point) to desktop, but I could generally play for an hour or two before the inevitable crash. Yesterday I played for awhile to get around 70 kills to get an Auraxium medal while double exp was active.

In around 4 hours of play, I crashed to desktop at least a half dozen times and had the game freeze and require me to reset my PC another half dozen times. Sometimes less than 5 minutes after launching the game. Hopefully it'll get mostly resolved in the next week or so with the standard follow up patch for the patch.
  5. JonboyX

I tried ticking physics and started getting regular crashes. I've unticked it, and I'm not getting crashes any more.
    btw - are those lift "streams" meant to be full of teenytiny rectangles?
  6. Engineer Tcore

Mhhh, yesterday i also experienced a few crashes...
    Most of the time the game continous after a few minutes.

but as far as logging in or use a drop pod i never have these crashes again.
    There was a post in which a soa employee explaines how and which files you must delete in youre ps2 folder, i did that and i never chrashed like before.

Start game, press uhmm **** i am ducth dont know the right word, its the button with that wrench on it.Second open ps2 folder in the sub menu.Then delete a few files, like 5 or so(post a link later on).
    After that, let the game update itself again.

Reduced my chrashes.
  7. SourCarbon

I experience constant crashes (everything just goes black and I have to reboot). Up until GU04 I could play for an hour or two before crash, but now I seem to die within about 5-10 minutes. I have tried numerous fixes on the forums and none of them seem to do anything with stability.Here are things I have tried:

-Decreased resolution from 1920x1080 down to the 1024x768 at low quality (no change)
    -Tried running windowed/non-windowed (no change)
    -Running the game as administrator (no change)
    -Forced LAA on the planetside2.exe even though it looks like it is already set (no change)
    -Increasing the available user memory (using bcdedit increaseuserva 3072 although I don't think this does anything on 64bit) (no change)

Anyone have any other ideas to try? It does seem to be memory related since the more activity, the faster it seems to crash. Although I crash so quickly now, its difficult to get to any action before a crash. It is a shame because I enjoy playing the game and would considering paying for the game if I felt I was going to get my money's worth. But there is no way I am paying if it is going to constantly crash. Its funny that it doesn't seem to be a higher priority, but perhaps enough people are crashing now that they might do something about it. Every other game I have seems solid and don't ever crash.

Specs:
    Windows 7 64-bit SP1
    AMD Phenom II X4 940 at 3GHz, quad core CPU
    8GB G.Skill RAM
    Running Planetside2 from Steam.
  8. Gribbstar

I'm getting random crashes when redeploying/re-spawning... along with overall massively reduced performance of course.

No pattern to it that I can see other than the screen freezes and I can still hear voice comms.

Specs (yes, yes it's ancient but ran perfectly before GU4)
    • Quad Core Q6600 2.4ghz (oc'd 3.2ghz)
    • 6GB Corsair 800mhz RAM
    • GeForce GTX 285 Video Card (oc'd 690 core 1300 memory 1600 shader)
    • Gigabyte P35-DS4 motherboard
    • OCZ Vertex 2 128gb SSD
    • 2x Maxtor SATA 250gb HD