NEW PATCH RUINED THE GAME

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SolitarioSoldat, Mar 17, 2013.

1. SolitarioSoldat

- Ammo packs wont ressuply
    - FPS drop
    - Tanks turret shakes like crazy even when in full stop
    - M / menu changed for worse

Why is this so devs?
  2. Konfuzfanten

YOU NEED MORE CAPS OR DEVS WONT RESPOND
  3. Phyr

SOLITARIOSOLDAT RUINED THE GAME!
  4. phreec

Overall the patch has been quite nice, just not performance wise...
  5. SenEvason

6. AccelPrime

But if the performance goes down, it's because of the patch. The patch is not quite nice, it's very bad. It's likely they just skipped the Q&A process, and rolled it out to us, knowing that we'd do the job of the Q&A team.
  7. Bazil

Thanks for the patch, a lot of cool stuff in it, thanks for working hard to fix the fps issues.
  8. Vertabrae

You can stand on it, sometimes it takes a minute. Sometimes it takes five. Sometimes it never works at all.
    Forum is full of people reporting FPS drop. You're lucky. Most of us aren't.
    I tried out the tanks in VR. They do rock like crazy.
    Menus are a personal preference. Gotta say I'm not the biggest fan either. But I do like the respawn screen and map being the same thing.

For you guys who have having all the issues with ammo/heals/repairs not working, try esamir or amerish. Lower cont pop helps hugely. I know it sucks because of smaller battles, but at least you can play.
  9. Aegie

Delayed patch that rolls out with a terrible toll on FPS- a key element to any first person shooter- no fix for a double xp weekend. Very dissapointing.
  10. Hanno

Before that last patch game runn my rig all ultra slow and game still lags:( I have i5 2500K msi gtx 670 oc edition and 16 GB ram!All games my computer runn with no lag only i have problems PS2 right now.
  11. MasterCheef

PHYR RUINED THE THREAD!
  12. Forkyar24

repairing anything takes forever
  13. Lakora

It's also been stated by devs that performance varies from machine to machine but I guess everyone n their mother is using the exact same machine with the exact same overclock or lack there off.

I'm still playing with 40-50 FPS in packed Bio-Domes but for some reason only 30-45 in Towers. :S

Also when it comes to repairing n ammo packs... That's server sided latency issues, guess the server hamsters are giving up.
  14. Phyr

OMG I'M SO SORRY!
  15. Vikarius

You are right not everyone uses the same hardware or software, or even overclocks... HOWEVER
    You will see a lot of trolls stating they get super FPS everywhere in the game on ALL settings etc etc.
    The thing is how not only un-optimized this game is but how ancient the foundations it were built on are (DX9, no multi core support, no 64 bit version) Even if you had a $5,000 rig, you are still limited by those factors. So this exponentially closes any gap between experiences due to the player's rig (or lack there of). That is how we know the FPS and or Stuttering issues are an issue for the vast MAJORITY.

Until they get a clue and make this game utilize multiple cores (and effeciently), AND have a DX11 64 bit version, this game will ALWAYS be circling the drain and any performance "optimizations" they may claim they are doing or actually do will always either be an extremely minimal increase at best, or as we have seen screw over most people
  16. Lakora

Meh, I'm running on a mix of Ultra and low... Turning down all CPU intense options.

Reason for the foundation is to reach the max amount of people on as many kind of rigs as possible. Which is one thing there'll always be people complaining about that they can't run a game which forces them to upgrade when it might run another perfectly. Also your idea of ancient is a bit out of whack I'd say since a decade ago we didn't even have DX9 or even multi cores to begin with so ancient... Nah... Moore's law n all so in a year even what you're having in your PC right now will be ancient. :p But semantics.

The problem isn't necessarily utilizing multiple cores it might actually be utilizing even a single core to maximum potential specially considering the new found love for multi-threading which limits this factor.

Also considering Moore's law there's no way a game developer can take into consideration what kind of technology that will exsist when the game is released. Not even considering the massive time delay it would of taken just to integrate anything new that came along and by the time that's done something news out. Also as been pointed out previously by a dev DX11 isn't the solution heck they even said it might make things worse. In the end you don't develop a game in a week, nor do you optimize or fix bugs in a week...

The day gamers let developers take their time is the day the world will end considering how entitled todays gamers seem to be, usually without even a hint of how exhausting n time consuming development is.
  17. SokarGoldberg

The patch didn't only leading to lower performance for most of the players and big random fps drops.

The Interface update:
    Sure, merging both screens is a good idea.
    To determin a good interface the usability is one big indicator. Even if you argue with the "overwhelming information" on the map. Why did you change it to 3 different screens in the same place? That is a change to the worse. If I want to plan something i want to have all the information like I had before.. now it takes way longer to consider all influences on the map (which where displayed in those now bundled screens. This is not a opinion. These are simple facts about usability. Before (no click or one.., now 3 depending on what you want to do)

The continuing lag and performance issues also are a big problem and a game killing experience at the moment.

SMGs killed almost all balance to the infantry fight. Sure they dont work on middle to long distance fights.. but base capping and defending is 95% fought on close combat. So there is no real alternative towards the SMGs. I don't know how other factions are getting killed.. But as an NC most enemies (VS and TR) are now fighting with SMGs or Shotguns. The last bit off variety is only left because those with other guns couldn't afford these annoying types of guns. Variety for most classes is gone. This in my opinion is the biggest coffin nail for the infantry fighting since the start of PS2. New weapons should be alternatives to the old weapons and don't let them get extinct because they can't compare with the new ones. We all know that on F2P games the introduction of new weapons is considered one way of financing the game.. But it's not 2005 anymore where we had no clue about the way you want to get our money. Such developments like the introduction of the SMGs will not extent the lifespan of PS2 and bring you more money.. it will be a part of the road towards the end. If the fun on infantry fighting is further reduced.. even those heroes with their farming tanks will have no fun because of only a few targets left.
    Short version: SMGs kill the variety in infantry fights. Bring alternatives to old guns, not overwelming new ones.

SOE also should put more work into thinking about debuffs. Most combinations like the HE tank combination take lots of work and certs to get them to a good level. Don't get me wrong about the change itself. It is just an example of what NOT to do with this game.
    One of my members quit today because the second combination that he put together got downgraded again. Such things are not overpowered. I'm annoyed by the possibility to be one shoted by HE tank guns.... but that was their choice to fight with. Their reason why they put Cert AND MONEY! into that combination. His words today after the downgrade: "why should i now fight with the HE gun on the Lightning and not simply the Viper?" The biggest difference and an advantage that that gun had was removed. The only reason why he got that gun in the first place got removed.

Don't debuff everything that could make a difference. At the moment many are considering to stop planing what to do next with Certs because over and over it seems pointless to figure out new combinations. As soon as you find good combination that work.. they get debuffed.

If this deployment strategy of SOE stays the same that only overwhelming new things are allowed to have the upper hand.. then this so damn good game will die faster then it should have.

At first I thought that this might be only an issue around my members so I started asking around at befriended outfits... I got the same feedback and they also get more and more annoyed by this.

I can't and will not believe that SOE only tries to rely on "those" kind of players that follow the rule: "shut up and buy the new gun"
    I will not believe that SOE has this kind of thinking because everthing else they present screams the opposite like FNO and everthing else they present on the media.
    • Up x 1
  18. ViXeN

The FPS drop is definitely annoying. I went from about 50-60 in large fights all the freaking way down to 20-30. Wow. Please fix this.

And you forgot the health bug where you can't heal.
  19. Nocturnal7x

Patch is an embarrassment and they should be ashamed. FPS issues, a bunch of senseless changes to ammo pools and UI, a bunch of new bugs a bunch of old bugs that were fixed and now back, lots of desync. The flash is completely useless and broken. The VR is about the only thing good that came out of this patch, everything else is garbage and they broke way more than they fixed. One step forward, 10 steps back.

SOE, you get nice nice when you fix this trash. For now you get flamed.
  20. Grendel

Your post is an embarrassment, and you should be ashamed.