Enough with the weapon lock.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Necron, Mar 16, 2013.

1. TomoB

My god, man, how many friendlies you mown down to get your weapons locked? I haven't got weapons lock even once and believe me, I'm not the most careful of players, heh...
  2. WUNDER8AR

Weapons lock is bad design Imo. Removing the ability to fire your weapons in a FPS game is the absolut dumbest thing I've ever seen. I got weapons locked due to accidental FF twice so far. And each time I immediately logged off. Is that what you want to achive SOE?

How about something that doesn't make your customers stop playing the game? Something like -50% XP gain for a certain amount of time? I wouldn't even mind if the punishment would go into effect a lot sooner than it currently uses to happen. AS LONG AS I CAN KEEP ON PLAYING THE G0DDAM GAME. Besides weapons lock doesn't prevent griefing AT ALL, since it takes way too long until weapons lock gets activated. You need to find a new way to punish FF and at the same time drastically decrease the amount of FF that is required for a punishment to actually prevent grief in my opinion.
  3. PhilDun

Yesterday my Sunderer ran over a bunch of people and I got weapons lock. At the time, my Sunderer was deployed and I was in a different hex.

God bless SOE.
  4. Mhaza

Stop shooting your friends, and stop blaming others. Yes it is annoying when they run in front of you. But it's you who pulls the trigger. I've been playing since beta and never had a weapon lock
    • Up x 1
  5. EvilPhd

HEY YOU !! HOLD IT!o_O

We got a spay n pray honey badger over here! :cool: Once he starts laying down he can't stop!
    Don't be stealin his kills cause he don't give a :mad: He'll just mow you over
    :eek: MAKE A HOLE! CLEAR A LANE! :eek:

Y'ALL Better recognize!
  6. Mxiter

Weapons lock is an exellent design!
    It avoid BR1 alt dedicated teamkillers to destroy and kill again and again his faction.

I'm pretty sure you'll also log off with -50% XP
  7. Tiedemann

Here's some of what I had to put up with yesterday in the TK hell of PS2:

An outfit who thought that their sundy is more worth than mine decided to blow mine up so they could deploy. Of course they didn't care that they took 4 friendlies with them too.

While I'm on my AT turret a MAX comes up asking for repair. Just as I turned around to repair him, a friendly sniper guy comes up and just HS the MAX so he dies.

Me and two others asked a sundy for pickup and ran over to it since he stopped. The driver mounts one of the guns and kills two of us, then drives off.

Liberator gunner kills me while I'm trying to take over a base with another guy. There's no way he wouldn't know we were friendly as we even had a big fat tank with us that was a few meters away. The lib was flying low enough to see us clearly.

A gunner in my sundy kills 2 guys before I can react and kick him out. Then of course I get my sundy blown up by one of the victims friends.

2 times I get killed while waiting for a base to flip. First a grenade thrown in the middle of us all around the capture point then some HA just thought it would be fun to kill me with his LMG.

None of these idiots gets what they deserve and that's sad. There's ppl who TK just for fun and they don't have anything to fear as long as they aren't doing it all the time.

**** happens now and then, and ppl need to stop putting their ugly face in front of my AT turret but this can't continue. There's too many 12 year olds (mental age or not) out there for the current system to work.

I've never had my weapons locked in 62 levels so I just think you need to try harder. This game needs a MUCH harder system than what you whine about.
  8. Chrattac

I have gotten my weapons lock only 3 times of which one was on purpose and two were in a row accidentally by mowing down friendlies during zerg when they basically just jumped in front of my prowler. I mean it is not that big of a deal as I sometimes even TK on purpose some annoying people (spamming proximity or trying to tk me on purpose for no apparent reason). But more often I just accidentally shoot some friendlies in the heat of the battle and still usually avoid getting weapon lock...
  9. Fried

Br70 and no weapons lock here although I will admit to coming close with HE Lightning, I am glad to see that people are getting locked although sorry for those that get it unfairly through poor mechanics like the sundy moving bug whilst deployed etc.

I do agree with the op that it needs to be changed, it needs to be a lot quicker coming for some :)

Wouldnt mind a forgive option but not a punish option as that could be abused, just make it harsher to begin with and give the option to forgive those accidental times in the heat of the fight.
  10. TintaBux

Weapon lock is a good thing, need something more though.

I team kill sometimes daily, but it's all by accident, never once had weapon locks, if you get weapon locks you must be a very bad team killer.
  11. Jokkie

I don't stop shooting if a team mate runs in front of me while I'm shooting at a threat that is close and a danger to myself. I will kill my team mate in order to take out the threat. Even my policy on that situation doesn't get me a weapons lock...so I question the op.
  12. Fenrisk

They should give a 24 hour ban to people who blow up friendly sunderers and galaxys. We had some griefer blow up a galaxy full of people from our outfit and tried to do the same to our second galaxy.
  13. Arcanotechnician

Actually, yes, it's exactly what they want. If you're killing tons of allies, yes, we (and they) would prefer that you log off.
  14. Herrick

It depends on frequency of attacks, not kills or total damage.

Shooting something 20 times and doing superficial damage is worse than killing 10 people if you get them all in one hit accoding to SoE logic.
  15. Rogueghost

I've been playing since tech test and have yet to get weapon locked.
    I got close quite a few times, but pretty much all of those times was tking my outfit mates in good nature.
  16. Redshift

Well don't you think that makes sense? It avoids screwing someone over for having one really unlucky unintensional shot that happens to TK a load of people.

20 smaller shots means you're consistantly shooting at your own team.
  17. Technofied5

Only problem I have is when I run someone over, I'm not stopping for pedestrians when we are under attack.
  18. TheFlamingLemon

It is your fault. They can't see you. Stop shooting.

There's a reason I've never been accidentally weapon locked (got locked while 1v1ing my friend), I don't blame people for accidentally cutting in my way. You can see them coming, you have time to not teamkill them. They don't have eyes in the backs of their heads. Sure, on occassion, it will be unpreventable. No one's fault. If you accidentally teamkill so much that you get weapon locked, though, then just learn to play.
  19. JKomm

Probably should have looked at the thread date... this is over three years old now, Technofied5 necro'd it. I doubt many of the people here even still play the game.
    • Up x 3
  20. Newlife1025

How many friendly do you have to kill to get weapons lock. It's never happened to me.
    • Up x 1