Suggestion to help make the current system of warpgates better

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Slenderman, Mar 17, 2013.

1. Slenderman

With warpgate rotations, comes population changes.

I am thinking of a system where everyone is happy even if the warpgate is changed.
    So, with the lattice system, and the 3 parts of Indar, it would be nice if the 3 parts (desert, savana, mini - rainforest?) were split apart, then connected by 1 single long hex to the center of the map, about half the size of Esamir.
    That way, this system encourages bigger fights along the single long hex, making it harder to warpgate a faction and with that, the warpgated factions could easily fight out of their warpgates too.

Done in around 10 minutes, sorry for the lack of structuring.
  2. Cougarbrit

Sorry but centralised fighting just to avoid warpgate woes doesn't sound like a good fix, instead we've got to isolate the real causes of these woes and work around them. On Indar it's obviously that the seabed is a massive desert that's easy to navigate and provides the quickest and easiest route to the crown, as evidenced by whoever has the north wg, holds the crown the most. Meanwhile the SW warpgate is the hardest to navigate from and any push from the wg has very limited options due to the terrain, the zergs are easily channeled and cannot work together due to canyons blocking the ground troops from each other and complicates air support.

Basically, it's the terrain around a warpgate that makes or breaks it.

The only fix for Indar as far as I'm concerned is a total rework of the warpgate terrain and accessability.
  3. Arcanotechnician

Warpgates should shift randomly every time the continent gets locked, up to once per day per continent.
  4. bodmans

this wouldnt solve the problem. it would just make everything the crown and nullify the idea of continent locks(i guess)