Enough with the weapon lock.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Necron, Mar 16, 2013.

1. Beartornado

You have to screw up pretty badly to get weapon locked. And if you do get weapon locked frequently through accidental TKs, you need to gain some situational awareness. Plenty of players get by without trampling over each other, and while the occasional accident is inevitable TKing enough to get locked is either griefing or incredibly unskilled.
  2. ent|ty

Maybe you should stop playing with the Zerg.
  3. Pengalor

This, I have never gotten weapons lock...ever. Not even in beta when it was reaaaallly strict. Work on your trigger discipline, OP.
    • Up x 1
  4. Shasbot

Got locked using Lasher on biolabs before. I think that was the only time I unintentionally team damaged that much.
  5. Laraso

Really now. I know the TTK in this game is pretty short, but it's not so short that you don't have time to stop shooting your weapon when an ally walks in front of you.

---

I've gotten weapon locked a few times, but it wasn't directly my fault. Most of them were caused by me shooting some sort of land mine that I did not even know was there, killing a bunch of allies at once, or accidentally crashing a vehicle and killing allies as the debris of the vehicle rolls down a hill.

I've also had a few instances where my parked Sunderer would randomly award me grief points, even though I'm miles away from it. I've actually somehow killed teammates before due to that.

Dumb stuff like that is what needs to be fixed.
  6. GSZenith

unless you are using lasher you aren't allowed to whine about weapon lock, or plain bad.
  7. NC_agent00kevin

I got locked one time for about 3 minutes because my Sundy was randomly giving me grief. I could have even deconstructed it before it happened but I didnt.

In 52 levels I have never been weapon locked for actually firing on allies. And believe me, there are a lot of idiots who will sprint in front of your tank, drive a flash into the side of my Sundy, stand directly in front of enemy spawn room shields, and step directly into my line of fire while I am firing.

Just let off M1 and you'll be fine.
  8. }{ellKnight

I've yet to get weapon locked. And seeing how rare it actually happens by accident to other people I think the problem is on your end.
  9. Tytos

If you haven't noticed that you are standing in a bad position after your first weapon lock then something is wrong. You can't just shoot wild around you without looking at the minimap, I hope you get a bann of some days because of those 5 weapon locks, so you learn your lesson.
  10. n0pax

22.4% of deaths from TKs on Waterson TR as a level 48. (It's Waterson TR, needs no further explaining, we're arguably the worst faction on any server worldwide)
    3.2% of deaths from TKs on Mattherson VS as a level 40.
  11. ALeviathan

Never, ever been weapons locked BR 82. Worst I got was 2 warnings in a couple of minutes.

I for one think weapons lock takes too long. Any more than 3 or 4 bullets hitting a friendly, destroying a friendly vehicle should be weapons lock + no resource and cert gain for set time period . Shorten it so spammers learn to aim, there should be a leave the spawn room timer say 2 mins, learn not to throw nades into rooms with friendlies, learn to know when to fire and stop firing. Weapons locked twice with in a 6 hour period, their account including alt's should be banned for 24hrs or even more.
  12. Mxiter

Not agree. Sunderer deployed in very vey bad place deserved to bein TC4ed.
    Example: the AMS deplyed under a biolab and far to every elevator/teleporter, just to get careless spawners XP and avoid closer ones to deploy.

Certs farming lead to the most absurd things.
  13. Doom721

If you are getting weapons locked constantly you are doing it wrong. I've been locked twice on my character. Once for intentionally and repeatedly killing someone who tried to throw mines on my mineguard sundy for a revenge TK, since I accidentally splashed him with a bulldog ( He was outside a window, enemy inside, direct hit on enemy - splash killed him )

The other was me ******* around with my outfit, flipping vanguards over and really silly ****.

I've had my final warning plenty of times, usually its when I'm in a liberator and I'm trying to do stupid stuff like fire into a biolab.

My favorite is people who complain of "teammates running into my fire" well then you are in the wrong ******* place, you shouldn't be inside your teammates, you should be on a flank and BAM no crossfire or ********.
  14. Mefi

Looks like 0.
    I had last level of grief with the Lasher w/o killing any ally.
    Though I always took a break to prevent weapon lock.

It's even possible to get last level if you destroy turrets in a WG. Even if they are your turrets.
  15. RottenGroinArea

This ^^^

Have not been locked once, OP is trigger happy and needs to learn some control.
  16. Robes

No. It takes some effort to get them locked, and I'm one of those people who won't stop shooting if you walk infront of me, wont stop the tank if youre in the middle of the road etc.

If you're getting locked legit on accident then you really need to work on stopping shooting when you hear that really loud beep sound, but i highly doubt that its actually on accident.
  17. Redshift

It's your own fault really, you're responsible for shooting them in the back, i've never been weapons locked once and i've played way more than you have.
    Also having a quick look at your stats i think the fact that 1/6 of you recent kills have been TR might be your problem .....
  18. Zeekez

I've played since the tech test back in... October/ November I think, I've been weapon locked once, stop being a ****** player.
  19. QuantumMechanic

If you can't stop firing on a friendly in time before you kill him, then the problem is you. This game still has a lot of problems, the grief system is not one of them though.
  20. HadesR

What's this weapon lock you speak of ?