Upgrade to the proposed lattice system

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Eugenitor, Mar 16, 2013.

1. Eugenitor

While Higby's proposed plan is sure to improve gameplay in much the same way that FFXIII revolutionized the RPG genre, there are several flaws in the proposed system. For example, there were multiple places where forces could meet each other and bypass the Crown, which is unacceptable. This version removes all those pesky "decisions" that might have forces taking alternate paths, which could potentially get in the way of cert farming. Here, there is a clear flow of battle and orderly line of retreat, something all the tactical geniuses in the large outfits will appreciate.

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  2. turtlestation

[IMG]

Here's a better version.

On a more serious note, I wish that the game mechanics placed more emphasis on on tactically important positions rather than bases themselves. None of the bases, aside from the Crown, are situated on defensible terrain. All of the defensible terrain is ignored by players in most scenarios.
    • Up x 3
  3. TheMagicCookie

THIS ENTIRE THING IS SARCASTIC, ISN'T IT!
    • Up x 1
  4. HadesR

Every herd of sheep need's a Shepherd , but restrictive movement serves the same purpose
  5. Eugenitor

What was your first clue?
    • Up x 1
  6. TheMagicCookie

What do I win?
    1. The fact that half the bases were covered.
    2. FFXIII did NOTHING for RPGs (I don't even play it and I know that)
    3. "Getting in the way of Cert Farming"
    4. "Tactical Geniuses"
    Also:[IMG]
  7. Eugenitor

Actually, FFXIII was groundbreaking in that it removed even the illusion of choice. It had incredible visuals, great music, and a decent story, and, except for one part, you ran down a pretty corridor for most of the game. Perfection!

Giving players choices is just bad game design. Even in Higby's proposed system, you could try another corridor, avoiding the two platoons headed your way. If you had a way to play the game without getting farmed when you're outnumbered, what fun would it be for anyone?

I guess you COULD go to another continent if you wanted, but that's what cont lock is for.
  8. JesNC

So a 100% linear progress system is your idea of fun?

IMO it's f'n boring.
  9. UberBonisseur

NO LATTICE

CROWN ONLY

FINAL DESTINATION
    • Up x 1
  10. Herrick

NO LATTICE

NO VEHICLES

NO CONSUMABLES

LIGHT ASSAULT ONLY

THE CROWN

FINAL DESTINATION
  11. Phrygen

who knows, maybe people will finally stop playing on indar?

NAAAAHHH
  12. zibersee

I WANT THIS MORE LIKE COD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NO VEHICLES!!!

ONLY LIGHT ASSAULT!!!!!

ONLY 1 KILL KNIFE!!!

ONLY THE CROWN!!!!!!

RE DESIGN THE CROWN SO IT IS MADE OUT OF LONG CORRIDORS!!!!!!!

MAKE IT DRIP OF GRIT!!!!!!