[Suggestion] How would you nerf AV turret?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by GSZenith, Mar 15, 2013.

1. vooodooov

leave my turret alone!

But honest also me, the pure infantry engy would likethe vehilces to be a lot stronger.
    Id say the easiest solution would be to give all vehicles the choice to add 2 different defence mechanisms (i.e. minguard and flares).

and of couse fix the render issue.
    If you see the rocket, you can watch where the next one comes from. Now you know where it is, just spot it and shoot it :p

And the range is no problem eather, cause you know, tanks and stuff can shoot at sayd range too.
  2. Puppy

Damage reduction. They are as strong (some cases stronger) then a dumbfire except they can be aimed and fired accurately from extremely long distances.

Another idea is shortening the length you have control over the rocket (Still with slight damage reduction... You can aim a roket as strong as a dumb fire... How was that passed as not OP?)
    • Up x 1
  3. Puppy

They seemed to have a weapon that could kill in one shot. And with two chances to hit someone instead of one... Well. That seems much easier to kill someone. I rarely die from an NC tank. Prowlers I died from a lot more. I fight them about equally.
  4. IronWarrior

Not sure if it's already been said, but the render distance is bad with this weapon since you can stay out of someones render distance and spam away without the player knowing what the hell is going on while his vehicle just starts losing health.

That needs badly fixing and lasty, I believe it's health is way too high for a deployable turret.
    • Up x 2
  5. Guyshep

I don't think it's damage per rocket output should be changed much, if at all. I also can't find a viable reason to use the AV turret if it gets a range reduction.

Currently the cooldown on the rocket occurs after firing. Perhaps changing the cooldown to begin after the rocket hits something could help. Increasing the length of the cooldown and redeployment times could work as well.

Reducing the radius is okay too.
  6. Crashsplash

Each gun can kill in one shot if it hits. I presume two near misses would also kill which is easy close up but not easy at all further away. The point I was trying to make badly, was that you can aim the first shot but the second has some randomness added in and just tries to resculpt scenery, unless you wait before shooting ofc and shoot each barrel as if they were two independant guns.

Maybe it is better in the infantry farming role. It isn't better in my opinion in a tank v tank role where ranges are greater, imho.
  7. Puppy

If you wait a short period you can hit wit that second shot. But compared to the other factions The Prowler should be close up to be most effective.
  8. PeanutMF

Well given that it renders... yes.
  9. Rusky

Reduce range, make the rocket run out of fuel after 500m or even less.
  10. Astealoth

i don't have the AV turret and have never used it, but i haven't really found it to be a terrible menace to deal with. it's a 1 shot kill in my prowler, and i have my second barrel in the off chance i miss. don't really see what amazing OP use it has personally.

nerf something useful that will make the NC cry more. reduce scat max damage across the board 75%. i don't even care, i just want to drink the smurf tears.
  11. Hamakua

1. Have the AV turret render at the same ranges as the vehicles they are attacking. It's infuriating to be taking damage from something you cannot see. ESF's already had to deal with this, armor shouldn't be subjected to it.

2. Allow the operator to be sniped, the hit box needs fixing. It's nearly impossible to hit the engy from the front of the turret.

3. Have "black out" shields for shielded areas for client side detection. AV turrets can shoot at ranges beyond the "render distance" of the shields. At the "not rendering shield" distance there should be an "always on" shield that blocks shots no matter if the shield is down or not. Either that or fix shields not rendering at extreme ranges but vehicles being vulnerable to fire while behind them.

I am fine with the Engy turret (don't even own one), their fire noise is loud and easy to track down, even from the air, that's their "balance" but nothing in this game should be able to shoot and damage anything else without being visible to that something else.
  12. Le_Fou

SoE only need to fix the rendering bug, no more invisible rockets coming from nowhere! That the balance of the AV Turret
  13. Phyr

This would be the best option, and fixing it's render distance. Maybe change it's deployment to restrict it a little bit from being placed in ridiculous places.
  14. De_Dominator

In PS1 you were able to see missiles on the minimap, which was pretty helpful for dodging. Now that they dont show up on minimap, some guided missile can come from miles away and hit you, and you dont even know where it came from. The range of AV turrets is long, but it is acceptable. I just think that the missiles should show up on minimap
    • Up x 1
  15. Phyr

It having unlimited ammo for how strong it is, is part of the problem also I think. Not sure how to really balance that out though.
  16. Lancener

I would just say a minor damage nerf, can kill vehicles with less shots than any other weapon and fully certed each shot can come about the same time a rocket can be reloaded and fired. If not that just make the projectile change directions more slowly, harder to aim.
  17. TribbleFluffer

honestly the only reason i would want to nerf the turret is because i'm always taking fire with no... fix on where its coming from, no rocket trail or effect, nada...just explosions. (no libs around, or other enemy). so maybe range lowering. Also ive seen aim botters abuse this extremely bad, ive been hit flying with afterburners engaged while doing evasive by an AV turret multiple times, its always the same guy, so again range at least. not sure what else to say cept maybe instead of a heat sink have it use a large recoiless clip.
  18. Raital

I would release empire specific launchers that will make the AV turret look like a joke in comparison.
  19. NoctD

I think it needs to have a max range of the lock-ons, ie. 400m, after that, the projectile burns up harmlessly.
  20. evansra

IMO its fine vs armour but get rid of the 1HK on infantry, its an AV weapon, as it stands its better vs infantry than the standard mana.

sorry if any of my facts are wrong, based on personal experience :p
    • Up x 1