Heroic Boost - a slap in the face to subscribers

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BadLizzard, Mar 15, 2013.

1. BadLizzard

So I renewed my subscription to PS2 for the second 3 month period - amount invested is now $84
    Benefits - for first 3 months 35% xp and resource boost + 500 sc (ie $5)
    Benefits - for 2nd 3 months 50% xp & resource boost + 500sc (still only $5)

Now SOE has released a heroic boosts
    $30 will get you 50% xp & resource boosts
    $50 will get you what I have paid $84 for (less $10) lets call it $74

So why would I ever renew my subscription? I have been hoodwinked!
    • Up x 1
  2. Hoki

Link please, wtf u talkin bout willis.
  3. Willo1345

I have the alpha squad boost and I currently am subscribed because the buffs stack with each other. I'm basically getting quadrouple the normal exp this weekend. 1200 exp for a menace kill is amazing.
    • Up x 5
  4. BadLizzard

5. Hoki

Oh snap, if I buy 2 will they disappear in 2 days if I don't use them?
  6. Rampd

Because you can have up to the maximum 100% standard XP boost whilst those without a subscription can only reach that 50% mark plus 15% base defense bonus.
  7. Willo1345

every new character I make has a new alpha squad boost so I think if you buy it.. It will remain.
  8. VKhaun

This. Boost and membership are not the same thing. They stack and do not exclude one another.
    • Up x 1
  9. GSZenith

with max memebership it is 48cert a day...48x30= 1440 cert a month, + 500SC. thats 1 and a half 1k cert gun and maybe something on sale or a boost on top of 50% ingame, don't see the problem

edit: and if you have three char 1440x3=4320 total cert if you remeber to log in on each.
  10. BadLizzard

a 1k gun will cost you $7 - how does that justify a $24 decrease in value of my membership. Without a subscription you can get 18 passive certs per day.

With $24 I could buy 3 new release weapons, the 500 sc is only once per 3 month period. (I have included the $5 worth of SC in my calculation)
  11. Radec594

Well, the membership is still an addition to everything else though, so you can ALSO combo on the boost.
  12. Dusty Lens

Membership:

EXP boost:
    Free station cash.
    Resources.
    Que priority.
    New shiny nonsense priority.

Boost:

EXP boost.
    Can be added to membership bonus, making every day double XP day.

Membership is a much better deal. These boosts just let you, well, boost membership bonus' even further.

If this is a slap in the face you're leading a rich life indeed.
    • Up x 2
  13. Talizzar

Does anyone know if this boost is account wide or character specific. It is not a slap in the face of anyone. They need to generate income to keep the game going.
  14. {joer

These boosts and the double xp are to stop the bleeding.
    • Up x 1
  15. Isila

You pay for your membership to get priority in the qu--

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Sorry, I couldn't finish that with a straight face.
    • Up x 2
  16. AnnPerkins

you get 500 sc a month. That 3 months you already bought just made the boost half price. grats.
  17. Pat Cleburne

I have the 6 month auraxium sub, + heroic boost. I am getting like 2000+ XP just for a lightning kill. In only a few hours today I have earned over 600 certs.
    • Up x 1
  18. Talizzar

Still the same game. Nothing to do but take and lose the same stuff over and over again for no real reason. Cert farming gets boring. We need meaningful RVR.
  19. SinMach1ne

I am enjoying 50% from 6 months sub +50% from Heroic boost + double xp weekend
    Its like crazy gooood
    • Up x 1
  20. BadLizzard

please stop saying that, you only get 500 sc for the whole quarter, that's once per 3 months, not each month