Hello SOE (performance)

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by BrotherLee, Mar 15, 2013.

1. Lakora

Eh... Thanks I guess? xD

I never said it's an excuse n if I did sry for that, English ain't my native tongue so sometimes the wording doesn't match up with what I meant.. But I basically meant what you said with your last sentence. You take the time to get it right, problem being there's a lot of people on these forums who seem to think that developers can magically fix any bug that occurs within a moments notice. Which usually is close to impossible unless you actually notice it before compiling the code at which point if you're lucky as I said the compiler would notify an error.

What I meant is that debugging takes time which from the state of the forums people don't understand and it might even be possible that the ones rolling out hotfixes for bugs and such aren't even the same department that added things to the patch. At which point it's even harder cause of communication issues. No matter how good a company is you'll never evade communication issues when it comes to code, best hope being that who ever wrote it left a good amount of comments in the code on what is what.

Personally I'd most likely ask people for system specifications along with a dxdiag. Reason being that since it doesn't effect everyone there ought to be a pattern somewhere and if the pattern can be specified it would be easier to narrow down the point of origin at which the code actually interacts with the pattern...

PhysX n Nvidea Cards for example. If 100 people are experiencing crashes but some aren't. Than it turns out that everyone that is crashing got an Nvidea card well than it's just to see if it might be the PhysX that is causing them to crash.

In other words more details means quicker fixes...

EDIT:
    Huh... I doubt it's Nvidia than cause I got an Nvidia Gainward GTX 570 Phantom, 12gb ram and an i7 920 2.6ghz not overclocked. Yet I'm getting around 35-50 steadily at a tower (Hiding in a corner at Crossroads Watchtower atm)
    If possible could you perhaps take note of when you're noticing the memory leak along with your session timer and were you are?
  2. AstroCat

I'm using a Titan and I've lost 20-30fps on average.
    • Up x 1
  3. GaemOevr

U mean the supercomputer-grade gfx card? Dang.

I hear what the OP is saying. I am imagining that the coders have to spend TIME writing the code needed to "Pimpp out" PS2 and add all these new updates, etc... That TIME, i feel, would be better spent on optimizing.. I am not convinced that optimization is as high a priority as it should be.
    To me, this "Roadmap" is a waste of time. Its like Pimppin a ride with a crapppy engine. Just doesnt make any sense.:confused:
    Fix the ride FIRST..no excuses
  4. Twoja_St4ra

i5 2500K @ 4.2 GHz GTX560ti, 8GB RAM, 30 FPS outside of any battle, 0-15 in battle, 0-5 flying...
  5. McCainSmaashh

Should extend this double xp 'weekend' to double XP week IMO. Ends when they fix the performance. Thanks
  6. Twoja_St4ra

Plus free SC and triple SC for those with lowest framerates :)
    • Up x 1
  7. brandonwburns

My FPS continues to get worse and worse. Getting 25 FPS flying around in empty desert with a 3570k @ 4.5 Ghz with some 7970 Ghz Editions in Crossfire is stupid. Why is it so hard to make sure performance doesn't degrade with each subsequent update? And the lack of confirmation (after the hotfix) of the problem doesn't do a lot to instill confidence that they are doing anything about it. No one is going to play this game if they don't address the performance issue because it's frustrating, not fun. If I wanted frustrating, I'd get some more OT hours at work, not try to play a video game that just makes me angry due to performance issues.
  8. the pestimist

I would have thought optimizing to be the #1 priority and this game needs more money it should have been good at launch hell a February release wouldn't have been that bad. It should have been more epic than PS1 but just $40 upfront then you get more with membership. This game is just crappy you really cant deny it. This game is a pre-alpha of what is yet to come. Not epic just SAD. F2P fps's don't really work F2P mmo's is a different story. This game isn't for casual players so stop making it for them. This needs BF3 and more PLANETSIDE.