A Very Positive Nerf

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Umbraki, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Anvildude

Hey, maybe. With the Nerf, maybe SOE won't believe C4's OP on Infs.

Also, the reason it disappears is Nanites.
  2. Kingside

I'm not going to bother reading the four pages of 4th empire whinefest, but before it gets locked I want to make one point. Lacking the skill to detonate your C4 before getting served and expecting to respawn and then detonate it from safety is an indefensible argument.
    • Up x 4
  3. Rexsaw

You may have a point Kingside, but is it fully despawning the way to go or is there a more balanced solution? The C4 should stay where it's placed for a moderate amount of time (even if just the 8 seconds it takes to respawn).
  4. SolLeks

this exactly. we should not be rewarding failure.
  5. hollow tip

since im poor on certs i cant afford such things as C4. that being said it will not HURT me.

La is a very fun class to play but that fact is it needs to be light. c4 looks like another 4-5 pounds to carry. and once your on your jets you need a small speed decrease.

La needs to have a gameplay kill or be killed. when bullets fly you Drop some one or some one drops you.

with c4 if you drop it right when you die and when you from repawn you can set it off. vengy kills

one thing LA and infli need are other ways to make certs. they can only really make certs from killing people and base camping. you could say heavy is along the same lines but having a rocket launcher evens it out.
    ENGY and medics are xp&cert grinders. dropping ammo CAN make 100 xp in a few seconds healing is base 74XP- squad 100 xp DONT KNOW what prem is becouse i dont pay.

IN shorter terms LA needs to have more sting opertions fight or flight.
    infli on shorter terms they are far harder to play for new people to play pin point accury from the mouse is a ness
    infli needs more A LARGER role THEN just that guy with a sniper.
  6. Viper279

people like their cheap tactics i got to admit this is the first hearing about c4 not disappearing after dieing i think it a good patch why should the game reward tactics that get you killed you die it gone overcome and adapt if you gonna whine seriously that disappointing.

Also this game isn't supposed to be super realistic cause there no re-spawn after death i say good get rid off cheap tactics which doesnt deserve rewards if you want it to be helpful have disappear after you re spawn that way an Allie could set it off
  7. Rudette

This is a good change. A true light assault leverages his mobility against his opponent to flank the enemy. If you're getting gibbed by the tank you're trying to kill then you're doing it wrong, sir. If you got caught it's your fault. Period.
  8. drNovikov

But it does not mean that C4 should be dspawned.
  9. Umbraki

Damn dude, you're really bitter about this. This is the way I look at it - it addresses a lack of game mechanics (as someone pointed out, you can't disarm C4 in game so the LA/HA once he gets the C4 on the Sundie, it's toast and it's just waiting for it to go boom). So, since we're not going to get "C4 defuser kits", it despawns on death. The LA has to play more cautiously but can still be just as effective IF he's able to survive those 5 seconds after he's planted it. It adds some balance to an area that (IMHO) badly needed it. LA can still do amazing things if they're able to do them tactically. Doesn't seem fair to put all the onus to be intelligent on the defenders (those protecting the Sundie) while none on the attacker (LA, usually).