A Very Positive Nerf

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Umbraki, Mar 13, 2013.

1. PaperPlanes

Logical C4 tweak would be to add the ability to disarm them as an Engineer. That was apparently too much work for SOE.

HOWEVER, the extra internal blast range for C4 is a decent tradeoff, it is now more powerful when used "actively" against infantry, which is a nice little buff. Still, removing it upon death should also have been reflected with another buff - reduce the resource cost from 100 to 50.
    • Up x 1
  2. drNovikov

Of course they should not. This game is not about magic, things should not magically disappear. Remove the ability to trigger it, but don't despawn.
  3. Wobberjockey

Why is this discussion in the infiltrator sub forum?

we are the only class besides MAXs that doesn't get C4
    • Up x 1
  4. Niller

That is not a bad idea, you should make a thread about it.
  5. Xyphet

Its balanced by this little thing called "logic." I really don't want to be rude but if you can't figure out how if one set of deployable weaponry despawns and the others don't because of one class, then I really don't know what to say champ. You can't set one and not do it the others, thats just silly.
    • Up x 1
  6. Corvus12

How about fixing C4 first? Then we could accept some nerfs.
    • Up x 1
  7. Xyphet

Good luck with that one friend, I think they're more likely to keep C4 nerfed before even touching that =x
  8. SolLeks

I agree with PaperPlanes on how it should work, but before this change it just rewards failure. This is a game, logically the way aircraft fly is compleatly backwards to how the air in this game flys. Logically tanks should be much tougher than they are.

This is where the Real world vs Game balance arguments come into play. It may be logical for an item to stay in the world to never despawn, but then we would have a lot of wreckage everywhere, but that magically despawns. This logic argument is illogical in a game setting.
  9. SolLeks

the auto repair does have a cool down after hit until it starts repairing iirc.

Why? just kill the engi wile he is standing outside of his tank since he is much weaker. infantry should not really be able to solo a tank (but they can if they do it right). Tanks / air have timers, they have a resource cost, your HA does not.

Don't ask me, but the stupidity in this thread is highlighted by it being in the wrong section.
  10. drNovikov

Logic: wreckage is not a deployable explosive. By the way, I'd like wreckage to stay longer, so I could use tactics for ambushing TR cowardtank columns, blowing up the first and the last cowardtanks and locking them in a kill zone.
  11. drNovikov

Please, read my comment. Cowardtank drivers do not even need to pull back when they are spaming a building. Killing an engie behind a cowardtank is impossible when there are lolpodders and other cowardtanks all over the place.
  12. Xyphet

How is something that you placed on the ground non neutralized by anyone but disappearing because you died logical? Take a note this is the future and the planes here shouldn't reflect too much of our modern aircraft brodawg. Back to the matter at hand, C4 not despawning doesn't reward failure if they make it so you can't trigger it after death.. They basically nerfed C4 for any class that could use it because of Light Assaults and I am sorry if this is shocking to you but you can't nerf an item because of one class can use it better than the others..
    • Up x 1
  13. cann0nf0dder

medics should not be able to heal anyone who got hurt the last 15 seconds, first stop the damn bleeding until then no heal for infantry then i would accept your 15 seconds no repair idea ^^
  14. SolLeks

sounds like you needed tank / air support yourself to kill these cowered tank drivers. infantry are weaker than tanks / air, if they where not, what would be the point in using them.

I never said it was logical, but I was trying to point to the fact that logic =/= good gameplay.

Yes it would be better if it was no longer able to be triggered, stayed in the world and there was a way for friendly troops to disarm it. The game devs used this solution to fix the problem however and we have no control over that. This is how it works in most games that have C4 though.
  15. JDS999

ok when u spawn a new life it would make sence for u c4 trigger to be on differernt frequency. when using nano repair gun it would make sence to remove c4. when dieing ur c4 dissapers?????? magic?
  16. PaperPlanes

Just ignore novikov, he is one of those fools that wages crusades against anything that kills him. All vehicles are cowardly to him because he sucks with them himself and has no tactics or thought processes aside from wanting to shoot things in the face as infantry, if people like him had control over this game it would result in nothing but infantry knife fights, as everything else would be "cowardly".
  17. Cleaver

I liked having C4 remain after my death because it helped me take down sundies. Creep in, drop two C4, shoot people until you die, respawn, stealth back to sundy, one more C4 and boom. I'm a little annoyed that I won't be able to take out sundies any more, but it's probably a good thing for the game.
    Now I just need to find some decent teammates with C4.
  18. Mishkel

I think it might be logical to expect if someone sees a guy run up and drop some C4 on a tank... and they kill the guy. They would likely remove it instead of just leaving it there to kill them later. (this would be the logic of a despawn since the only way to *remove* it is to blow it up other wise... which you might as well let the placer trigger it after they die. So they can despawn it and you can assume it was removed.. or they can add an ability for people to detect and disarm explosives/mines.)

Its also likely related to the same mysterious magical power that allows you to respawn with all your same equipment.. including the detonator attatched to said C4...
  19. Rohxer

Killing the ability to detonate the C4 makes sense to me, the detonator tied to that particular block of C4 was destroyed in gunfire or a fiery blast. Now what doesn't make sense is why tank and proximity mines simply vanish once you place another one (or two if certed) somewhere else. To me that's more of a logic breaker, but I assume it makes sense somehow for game balance.
  20. SolLeks

no, not magic. Nanites.