you did what to C4 ?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by makrome, Mar 13, 2013.

1. TintaBux

Whiners crying cause they can't use C4 after they died! Terrible.

One of the best update features in the update this.
  2. Belarod

No but they still can and will with Tank mines
    • Up x 1
  3. drNovikov

I used C4 to make augmented charges: 3 AT mines + 2 C4 for killing a mineguarded sunderer. It took 425 infantry resources and a significant amount of time to set such ambush. Developers continue discouraging the use of smart tactics.
    • Up x 1
  4. drNovikov

We should despawn tanks and sunderers after their owner dies.
  5. Hodo

If you defended your Sunderer before the LA got there you wouldnt have to worry about that would you?

I know because I defend my Sunderers, and I also blow up other peoples sunderers. I have been surprised at how many I just walked up to, placed my C4, and blew them up and then killed the survivors and ran off.
  6. Achmed20

^ this
  7. drNovikov

That was too smart. Dumb CoD-kidies whined a lot about C4 killing them. Dumb whiners emerged victorious.
    • Up x 2
  8. TintaBux

Completely different, you can't use use the detonator for vehicles for them to blow up once you dead.

Such noobs like easy kills and think it's so easy, it's C4 and this needed nerfing ages ago, very good update.
  9. Kogmaw

Said everything i ever could. Not happy with the change, C4 is easy enough to remove, just open your eyes. But i suppose i should see how it works out before really judging it
  10. Ultramarine

The despawn on death is fine. Really, a dead man cannot pull a trigger, a dead man's landmine will still detonate. They did also BUFF the C4 itself. "C4: Increased inner blast radius by 1 meter."
  11. GSZenith

where do you find these awesome cats? :D
  12. Phyr

What does COD have to do with this? C4 in COD is/was far more effective then ours.
  13. Achmed20

if this is your base argument, then you should be fine aswell with mines NOT blowing beneath deployed sundys
  14. makrome

nono
    not different
    you still can shoot your vehicles weapons after respawning, can't you ?
  15. Hael

GOD DAMNIT SOE. You were supposed to take a look at the LA class and give us MORE tools, not nerf the ones we had!

They better reduce the awful time it takes to detonate after placement with this new change. Otherwise every C4 placement and destruction will be a suicide run, because when placing 2 bricks + detonation is a 5+ second operation you don't have time to run away anymore
  16. Duvenel

I'm pretty sure infiltrators with an EMP grendade can disarm mines and c4?
    • Up x 1
  17. SirBurning

I was talking about AP mines.

With the quantity of sunderers and how easy they are avalaible, we do need a hard-counter to them. Defending is already hard enough. People should protect their sundy better.

Also, AV mines are proximity mines. Therfor no need fo pressure like a traditional mine.
    Also, in their current state, AV are unsuitable for minesfields.

But please, can you leave this a c4 change discussion and now bring in AV mines. There are plenty of other treads on that topic.
  18. Urban Cohort

So...people are upset because they might not survive the extra ~2-3 seconds it would take to push the big red button? Perhaps they should think of that before placing the explosive, from now on.

I approve of anything that will prompt players to find ways to stay alive longer.
  19. OscarGolden

I got stuck somewhere in my prowler and a LA C4'd me. The catch was I noticed him before he could detonate and fired my cannon. It detonated his C4 and it blew him and I both up. It was hilarious that it gave me kill credit on him and a suicide for myself.

Randomly, I killed a sunderer yesterday but the driver jumped out so I moved forward to kill him. The sunderer debris rolled down the hill and on top of my tank. It killed me, my gunner and the enemy sunderer driver (giving him kill credit). I found that pretty funny also. Messaged the guy and he replied that it was full of marijuanna and c4 that he was trying to smuggle across the border haha.
    • Up x 1
  20. BalogDerStout

I'm so glad now that I still haven't spent the certs to buy C4 on my LA and HA to max. C4 already had a narrow range of uses. It's even more narrow now that it's going to despawn.

I guess it's still useful for dropping on shielded rooms in biolabs to kill people through shields, read exploiting.

If it's going to continue in it's current state, I'd really suggest lowering the resource cost or the delay for placing C4. I'm curious to see how this plays out, but on the surface it seems like C4 just lost a lot of it's utility, enough so that I may not even try to bother with it.