(cry thread) "infiltrator nerf?"

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by GSZenith, Mar 13, 2013.

1. GSZenith

The cloak effect on low graphics settings will no longer make the infiltrator completely invisible.

ha...ha...ho...hi...ahahahaghahaha are you fudging for real?
  2. Mefi

Edit: oh, you're talking about GU notes.

Well, we may hope they will not be glowing ghosts like after one of updates.
  3. Jac70

There are some people who run low settings to gain an advantage even though they have the power to play at high. Previously the Infiltrator was totally invisible on low and people complained. Now he sticks out like a sore thumb.

Neither situation was ideal but I think it would be best to make them invisible again if they cannot create a system whereby the visibility is standard across settings.

I was just defending a point whilst cloaked when some guy opened fire on me from at least 50m. He was either cheating or using low settings - needs to be addressed.
  4. Soylent

lol SoE, what have you been smoking?
  5. Kurreah

Always the chance that its a typo.
    "The cloak effect on low graphics settings will no longer make the infiltrator completely invisible." Perhaps.

I play with most graphics settings on low, yet the cloak seems to work OK on my screen. Its visible if the infiltrator silhouettes themselves against a plain background like the sky, or if you were following them before they cloaked and started running. Otherwise its pretty good camouflage.
  6. Mhaza

I don't care.
    All I care about is that infiltrators won't be so crazy visible for loads of people when cloaked.
  7. }{ellKnight

This change I really don't understand. They're were already VERY easy to see with low settings.
    • Up x 1
  8. GSZenith

whatever it is i want it to survive the downtime!
  9. GruntOne

Just assume the issue is fixed. It oftentimes doesn't make much sense to everyone when you let techies and devs write changelogs :)
    • Up x 1
  10. Meeka

I play on low settings for the 40-60fps rates instead of 30 when I play on high; and I could spot an infiltrator a mile away without a scope. When I play Infiltrator myself, I usually only cloak for a brief second or few after every shot, just to remove any possible spot tags I may have on me, but not long enough that I may be noticed as a white ghost.

If the cloak is fixed... I may enjoy the full advantage the Infil has to offer.
  11. Puppy

If they stay the same on high graphics then they will still be completely visable.
  12. Izriul

yeah...not getting this one either, just another mess up in a messy change list?

Or did they actually make it EASIER to see on low graphics? because I think a bright casper showing up at 400m running on a mountain was pretty easy..infact, there's been times where I've spotted them BECAUSE they were cloaked due to it's weird glow like thing.

Need one of those weapons they have on ghost busters.
  13. Being@RT

Potential?

The cloak effect on IRNV will no longer make the infiltrator completely invisible.
  14. Jupil@ire

There were several comparisons posted on the forums.

On low, the Infiltrator is clearly visible at distance, but almost invisible at close range.
    On High, the Infiltrator is almost invisible at distance, but clearly visible at close range.

Most people complain and just run over the desert like they're totally invisible.

The cloak is mostly build to offer you the possibility to go from cover to cover, while being less seen. It's not a magic trick à la Crysis...
    If you play with this in mind, the cloak is totally okay.