Out of the loop for months: Did they fix the "render" distance thing yet?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by absolofdoom, Mar 12, 2013.

1. absolofdoom

^
    Can you see people past 10 meters when it's crowded and even maybe snipe now? I'm thinking about coming back to the game soon but this was a big point of contention for me back when I was playing back in Nov-Dec (I only quit because of life, not being a whiny *****) and I'd just like to know if it's still there from somebody who knows what they're talking about.
  2. Gamertech

Yea, we are up to about 50 meters now, but now we have invisible rockets and stuff to make up for it...
  3. notyourbuddy

- AV Engineer turrets, tank shells, and base turrets shot from a long range are invisible.

- Render distance for sniping purposes feels better, but occasionally an enemy will still dissapear.

- When flying in a Platoon vs Platoon environment for some reason base turrets seem to be the last thing to render. I have to literally fly right up to a base to make the base turrets appear.

- Enemy aircraft render distance seems so low in Platoon vs Platoon fights. Try playing AA and ESFs will dissapear well within your weapons effective range just as you are about to finish them off.

Better, but not truly fixed.
    • Up x 1
  4. LanceHavenbay

Fixed. Much better. Not perfect, but for the performance you get, well done.
    • Up x 1
  5. Sovereign26

It's better than before, be patient. The render distance will be improving.