SoE You are now losing customers because of this...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Lewk, Mar 12, 2013.

1. framperton

1) They are 'players', or potential customers at best, they didn't buy anything. Or, at least you didn't say they did.

2) That was quite the overreaction for not being able to blow up one vehicle.
    I haven't had that happen to me yet, but I agree with some of the suggestions people have about it. If the vehicle is taking damage within a certain amount of time, like 30 seconds or so, it shouldn't be allowed to be deconstructed.

I use deconstruct on my vehicle all the time when I flip it/get it stuck somewhere. I would rather do that than just leave it somewhere and give someone free XP. During combat through, I usually just leave it alone and use it again, or it gets blown up befor I even think of deconstructing it.
  2. OddChelsea

If they rage quit over something like deconstructing, they weren't gonna last anyways. Agh, just noticed someone said nearly the exact same thing earlier. I missed that. -_-
  3. Kroom

Optimistic view... The enemy was denied the use of that spawn point, mission accomplished.

Yes, your team was cheaply denied some potential XP but… Whatever, not worth the effort. If this enough to get your boys panties in a bunch, peace out.
  4. Oheck

Seems like a silly reason to quit if you ask me. I understand the issues concerning the deconstruct, and it does need to be looked at. But the game can offer a lot regardless of some lame ***** deconstructing equipment. Your friends need thicker skin.

It should not be allowed during combat. If for some reason they can't do that, atleast give those that did damage the XP for causing it to be decontructed.
  5. Goretzu

How do they handle real life setbacks?

They go to the supermarket and there is a 4 person queue; do they never go back again? :confused:

I can see how a few things can make you quit a game, but someone deconstructing a sunderer once....... seems a little excessive tbh.
    • Up x 2
  6. Makwa

I would have spawned a sunderer at the other end of the field and then let em kill it. Atleast that is what I would do for my kids throwing a fit on a rough day.
  7. WalrusJones

The best habit you can give a friend who wishes to play this game, to prepare them: Take breaks, but log in every day.

You get 84 certs every week just for doing this.
    That means, if you logged on every day of the year, you could get about 8 guns, without any gameplay.
  8. MiZrY

Sounds to me like they were just looking for an excuse not to like the game because they came into the game extremely biased.

When I fly a Reaver which arguably is the worst ESF, I get other ESF's and vehicles de-constructing all the time. I had this start happening two months ago. Did I quit? No.... You know why I did not quit? To this day I have more positive experiences in this game then negative.

I don't try and find every little negative aspect of something and base my opinion off only that.
    • Up x 1
  9. Nocturnal7x

No. They stopped people from spawning at that sunderer, mission accomplished. If the goal were certs why destroy the sunderer? yea.

I dont much care for new players coming into a game and complaining. L2P and then they can complain. Your friends are just more "entitled" gamers. Its ok, I have friends like this too. And I have stopped trying to get my friends into this game until I feel its new player friendly. Do they need to fix decon? yes. Is it a reason to quit? no. About 100 other things would have annoyed anyone else first lol.
  10. TribbleFluffer

mew~ mew~ mew~ (qq) If it wasnt intended for use like that it would have been nerfed in beta. they were screaming to kill it in beta, SOE didnt.
    Its a tool, we use it to denie the enemy kills, some people abuse it, some, like myself, use it as a last resort when we cant fight back.
    If you and your buds leave, im pretty sure SOE wont care, your a pinprick of water in the ocean of customers they receive.
    Don't let the door hit you on the way out, would leave a rather embarrassingly hard to explain bruise.

FYI, 98% of the kills will be kills and not deconstructs, the ones who do manage to are usally not in the thick of combat, have no way to fight back, are not with a squad (physically and game mechanicly) or have enough time to go, "OH CRAP! DENY DENY DENY!" open the window and click deconstruct before it goes up in flames, most of those people? are solo/lone wolf players, i havnt seen squads do it much becuse they expect their squad mates to cover the sunderer they spawn from.
    Im betting ANYTHING you where firing at a empty sunderer in the middle of nowhere...a ghost cappers sundie. a lone wolfer.
  11. BengalTiger

It's not only about certs, when a person shoots something, they expect it to go off with a fireworks show and not by just disappearing into nothingness right before the kaboom.

Explosions = fun
    No explosions = no fun.

Then there's:

Kills = fun (this game is a shooter where we all come to blow ship up)
    No kills = no fun.

And finally, certs, satisfaction of victory ("I blew it up, I win" vs "The owner made it disappear, I didn't"), sportsmanship (or lack of it), fair play (when I lose I let them blow me up because they earned it, when I win they deconstruct so I get nothing) and quite a few other reasons most people consider decon as something not fun.

It's quite like the opposite of mines, which kill no matter what the victim does and how good they are- here there is no kill, no matter how good the attacker is unless an instant death weapon is involved.
    • Up x 1
  12. Littleman

It's not about the shooter toughening up and just rolling with the deconstruct. It's about the fact the deconstruct is still in game. Hell, /suicide was supposed to be removed as well, and it wasn't.

Step back and look at how a newb might see SOE's willingness to actually support this game, when they won't even perform the simple task of disabling some of the "d**k move" options players have that involve no skill whatever on their part. Yes, it's a piddly amount of exp: it not only adds up to a lot of lost exp, it not only denies the "winner" some satisfaction, it's not only a cheap game mechanic that should have never made it out of beta, it's all three.

And you know... if we really don't want player numbers to keep dwindling, we might want to consider that maybe the cheap $#!% really should be curb stomped ASAP to help this game come across to these newer players as a higher quality product than Daikatana.
    • Up x 2
  13. THUGGERNAUT

for those of you who don't know, OP is a notorious scythe farmer on helios (genudine) and this topic is more about him getting denied a few cheap rocket pod kills against sunderers than his "friends" being upset.
  14. Mogi67

I've never seen anyone deconstruct in combat

Overblown problem
  15. Kracken

[IMG]
  16. Nyscha

17. THUGGERNAUT

18. omega4

Welcome to the world of pilots.

Enemy aircraft get deconstructed all the time right before they're going to be destroyed.

Even worse, the PS2 developers have mentioned REFUNDING some points when you deconstruct your vehicle.

How's that for poorly thought out game design?

19. AtotehZ

There is a number of things that can make it deconstruct. It can be done manually, because a new vehicle is made, because you log out.

What the question should be is: Can it be made so the deconstruction is delayed if the vehicle is damaged in the last X seconds?
  20. AuntLou42

Almost sounds like they were looking for a reason not to play. It was just a matter of time.