Lows FPS. Is it my rig or just the game?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Ace2254XX, Mar 10, 2013.

1. Ace2254XX

Hey, I have been playing planetside 2 for a while and my FPS drops anywhere from mid 20's to low teens in battle.IS there anything i can do? What do i need to get to improve frames? Specs:

Amd FX-8120 (3.1) 5.4 Ghz
    Radeon 7850 2gb (No OC)
    2x 4GB Corsair Vengeance 1333 Ram
    MSI 760G Motherboard
    1 TB Hitachi 7200 Rpm HDD
    Hyper 212 Evo+ Cooler
    Windows 8 64bit

Anything other specs you need to know? Have been haveing trouble with DayZ as well in big city's. Thought it was my processor but if it is clocked to 5.4 Ghz then im not to sure anymore. I have tried unparking my cores, They all ARE unparked so im not sure anymore. Can anyone Help me?
  2. TheEvilBlight

5 ghz? Wow, AMD's are really OC'able.
  3. Paulus

reduce shadows to "low" detail, untick ambient occusion. that should see you get much better FPS
    • Up x 1
  4. dr_Fell

Are You sure Your CPU is stable and not too hot with that OC ? You should get quite good FPS with that OC, no less than 40 with shadows turned off, and even with shadows turned on, You shouldnt be below 30.
  5. Shadowabl

Amd FX-8120 (3.1) 5.4 Ghz
    Radeon 7850 2gb (No OC)
    2x 4GB Corsair Vengeance 1333 Ram
    MSI 760G Motherboard
    1 TB Hitachi 7200 Rpm HDD
    Hyper 212 Evo+ Cooler
    Windows 8 64bit

5.4Ghz??? With what most chilly you then your CPU... With dry ice?
    To me that is one new no matter whether Intel or AMD Cpu so high .... can without which it the Pc to melt brings
    Your CPU is put too high. are you certainly that the 5.4Ghz are???
  6. TheAppl3

The overclock probably isn't stable at that clock with a Hyper212. Temperatures must be like a degree away from the melting point...
  7. TSR AlexS Customer Service

The others are right, you may want to set it down a bit to see if that makes a difference. If you continue to have issues, please submit a support ticket so we can further assist you.
  8. Ace2254XX

I have been using HW moniter and it gets no hotter then 70 Celsius. Using windows 8 I have task manager opened and it says 5.43 ghz as the clock. Turbo core set in. It's really only set to 4.6 ghz but turbo core bring it up. Hyper 212 do one hell of a job Evan at that, because stock it 3.1. Have not OCed my graphics, don't think I need to though. It dips to about 15-20 and that is not really playable. Should I bring the clock up more and see how high I can get it? Thanks for the help guys!
  9. jamesr20

hi, 5.4ghz is impossible in any stable setup, you should prove it with cpu-z's web verification tool otherwise I'm going to assume you aren't being honest.
    secondly, running a 125w tdp cpu on that MSI 760 4+1 setup is going to ruin your board if you truly stressed it with something like prime95 for a good hour. I don't think your CPU would get that far in prime95 without turning off automatically due to insanely high temps. 70C is certainly not healthy, I am weary about tipping 61C on my 8120. The CPU's maximum safe temp listed by the manufacturer is 62C, I would not advise going above that.

What could be happening is that your motherboard is the motherboard's MOFSETs is engaging thermal protection to prevent you from blowing it up instead of outright shutting down.
  10. ENGTX

5.4 unparked. noob toasted cpu . what are you doing?:eek:
  11. TheAppl3

Oh dear...

The maximum safe operating temperature as defined by AMD is 61C. You *will* toast that processor very quickly. At best, you're severely reducing its overall lifespan. At worst, you'll literally burn it.

AMD chips cannot run nearly as hot as their Intel counterparts without sustaining significant damage. I think most of us can agree that your overclock is too hot and is probably causing you problems. As mentioned somewhere above, your motherboard is probably flipping out.
  12. Mastachief

i'd be surprised if prime can pass 4 cycles.

Chances are the cpu is saving it's self.

Bring it down until 1. its within the temp that AMD advises and 2. it can run prime for hours without failing
  13. TeknoBug

There's no way you're getting that 8150 to 5.4GHz, unless you're using liquid nitrogen, they basically cap at 4.8GHz. Even then, you HAVE to stay under 63C which the Hyper 212 WON'T DO. I'm not buying half this story.

MastaChief has a point, if you really are at 5.4GHz, it's probably throttling itself down.
  14. Zakuak

Ouch 70, dial it back man. That is insane OC on a 212, How the...but...did you...ah f*k it, just reduce it or you'll be buying a new mobo/CPU.
  15. TheNewGuy

You are going to fry your comp. If your going to try and run that far, disable at least 4 cores (2 modules) of your cpu.