Is this not justified?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Laraso, Mar 8, 2013.

1. Tatwi

SOE needs to implement the Warhammer Online method of "push through" collision, so that players/vehicles can bump each other initially, but with continuously applied pressure they will pass through each other. This would have allowed the OP to slowly drive through the Sunderer that was blocking him in. It's a very smart anti-griefing design.

Note that I have never played Warhammer Online and that I simply read about this feature years ago.
    Yup. I had to do the same thing once to a level 1 that was clearly made for purpose of annoying me. Last night, and I shake my head at this, I TK'd a level 1 named "sharpshooter##" as he sprayed at me from a couple feet away. I checked out his stats page and this was his only encounter in the game...

Sorry, but I am not going to stand around and be TK'd any more. You shoot at me, I'll drop you like a sack of bricks. You purposely kill me, I'll kill you every time I see you until I get bored of doing so.
    • Up x 2
  2. IronWarrior

It was fair, he blocked you and he was a idiot for not moving when asked.

What server do you play and the name of the sundy driver?
  3. Laraso

I play on Jaeger... ...er, Waterson.

I don't remember the name.
  4. TintaBux

It was probably a squad/or platoon, now they will hunt him down forever.
  5. Sebyos

If you want to TK for vengeance you have to do it well you know. My experience at it can help you.

A) Choose your weapon carefully. Favor the stealthy ones. C4 is efficient yet pretty obvious. The person killed will always know, but you don't want the people around to see you doing it. A tank mine shot from a distance for example is pretty safe.

B) Don't get caught !

C) Always prepare an exit strategy ! If you are seen, make sure you have a sweet corner to redeploy or some cover while you run away. In case of emergency, log out ! These fools can't catch you alive.

D) Use proximity chat to insult the person and his mother if you feel like it. It will make you feel much better and it will cause the rage necessary to the next optional step.

E) Send a personal Tell if you want to start a troll war. I really advise it as it will often be very enjoyable.
  6. BengalTiger

I'd call for help using /y; probably a bunch of friendlies would notice and arrive (or maybe not, one would notice, the rest would follow to see what's going on), maybe then someone else would even blow up the Sundy if they couldn't push it with a Vanguard or something.

This would also win the popularity war and nobody would try to blow your Lightning up, while the Sundy owner would get the public shame he deserved.
  7. 13lackCats

Removing FF. hahahaha. No.

FF'ing is never right. he was a ******, and you decided to combat his douchness with more douchness. Get it?
  8. Metallic123

When I was on my NC toon some *** kept killing friendlies and myself with his HE splash. So, I put two blocks of c4 on the front of his tank and badabing! Gave some lucky br 3 vanu a free one hit ko against a vanguard.
  9. Granicus

given the situation i say u will within ur rights, u warned him after asking nicely first, i would have anounced my intent in region chat so ppl would have known thou.
  10. WorldOfForms

Justified.

Normally I take the high road and blow it off when someone griefs me intentionally or thoughtlessly, but you were perfectly fine in getting revenge.

Sometimes people need to learn that there are consequences to their actions. You gave him a chance to apologize and move his vehicle, which was not some difficult thing for him to do. He was a selfish jerk. If you let him get away with that, he'll continue to do BS like that. Maybe he'll think twice next time.
  11. DashRendar

I wish the griefing system was smarter. For instance, if you kill someone who has just TK'd in the last few minutes you should not get a warning and that kill should not count against you. I shouldn't get a warning for killing someone who just killed my friend standing next to me for no reason. Sometimes FF is strategic. For instance, a dead terminal/turret cannot be hacked and used against you, but the game labels you as a criminal for opening fire on your own terminal/turret irregardless of justification.

I would have done just the same. You reasonably warned him of the consequences and he didn't heed them, oh well. If a friendly shoots me outside of battle, I turn and put a bullet in him as a warning. If he decides to open fire in my direction again then he better like the taste of dirt, because I don't play around like that.
  12. Daioh

seems like you just got dickheads

it happens, and that sucks, but you can report them for abuse i believe if it keeps happening. also, you can deconstruct your Lighting and get resources and a time boost.
  13. Purple Pooka

If you ever find yourself in such a situation (which you expanded on in later posts), then I would do the follow. After making your x5 attempts, I have used used Region (/re) chat to make a general courtesy message to the area. Let them know that it's coming and explain why. Then without further discussion, nuke the Sundy.

At that point, everyone knows what you're going to do and why. Some people might get mad and still try to TK you, but my own experiences have shown that a lot of people will cut you some slack over an issue like that.
  14. SgtBreastroker

You did the right thing. That Sunderer pulled a dick move. The retaliation by his squad (I am assuming) was an immature move.
  15. DaninTexas

Folks will disagree with me on this. If I was driving the lightning and got it trapped - I would of just deconstructed the tank and went in on foot. The sundy driver was a selfish a-hole. I would of backed out the bus if I was him and asked nicely.

But by destroying that bus you didn't "punish" him - you screwed over your entire team.

From my view a TK is NEVER justified. Especially a bus. An AMS is the single most important asset on the battlefield no matter what team.
  16. Cougarbrit

Did you kill him and T-bag his corpse as well? Because you should have T-bagged his corpse as well.
  17. Vanyaeli

I would have done it, serves him right for being a *****
  18. draiocht

Technically, I think SOE would want you to /report him.

I know, "lol". Let's be real, it's the C4 that fixes the issue.
  19. Laraso

I think there has been a misunderstanding here. I didn't kill his Sunderer for "revenge", I killed it to free my Lightning.

This wasn't an issue of vengeance. If it was vengeance, I would have kept the Sunderer alive, switched to my hackmax, and killed him when he tried to get back into his Sunderer. Then I would have used said Sunderer to switch to falcons and destroy it, forcing him to spawn elsewhere.
  20. framperton

More like "another reason FF should be handled differently/reduced" Sick of seeing all these 'all or nothing' whiny babies.

FF is there so that people just don't wildly spray through other teammates with no regard, because that would most certainly make just mass mobbing/rocket spam all the more appealing.