So the TR just got all 3 continents on Cobalt because of a hacker

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by iamrob7, Mar 5, 2013.

1. iamrob7

Somewhat frustrating, we were holding the last few territories on Esamir against a TR force that outnumbered us almost 2-1 at points. We got the pop back balanced on Esamir although the TR were at 37% server wide and we were holding the territories around our warpgate as the TR cap on indar was 3 territories from being neutralised. Meaning the TR on Esamir would either have to leave for it to rescue Indar or sacrifice it to continue pushing on Esamir. All we had to do was hold on a little while longer. It was a good battle which was then ruined by a guy named "zeroflow86" who appeared at northern weigh station under the floor killing just after he aimbotted a bunch of people from the hill nearby. A BR10. Reported but by the time he is banned it won't even matter.

http://i.imgur.com/DMyY77N.jpg - his under the floor killstreak at northern weigh that secured the continent for the TR .

Thing is he has a 0.5 k/d and lower down his killboard he is basically getting killed constantly. So obviously grew frustrated with being a ****** player and just decided to use cheats. Which is how it is with all of them I guess.

Couldn't we have a system whereby if an entire platoon reports one guy then you get an almost immediate response from someone at SOE. I mean if an entire platoon reports a guy, you can probably be fairly sure something is up.

I'm just venting, but it is frustrating to have good battles ruined by bad players who feel they have to use hacks to protect their ego. I love this game and honestly the amount of hackers I've encountered has been marginal. Still the effect of one hacker at a key moment can make a big difference.

Congratulations to the TR on capping all 3 continents for the first time, only the VS had done it up until this point. Unfortunately though your server lock is really in the end down to a hacker. Which is a shame for everyone because you never know, you might have managed it without him, although probably not.
  2. CatinHat

The TR has some issues with the hackers. More than a few times were we have spotted some hackers using some type of speed hacks back on Sol. Most around TI, you can see them running up to a squad gunning them down and run off before you saw their name.

At least with the stats page it will be easier to track them down.
  3. iamrob7

I think all factions probably have their share of hackers. The good thing about the recent merge on Cobalt is that there are more players, the bad thing is that there are more hackers. Normally I couldn't really care less, in a balanced situation a single hacker can't make much of an impact. There are plenty of areas to fight over. In this situation though the hacker made the biggest difference you can make in this game.
  4. Psikez

The TR using underhanded tactcs? You don't say! :rolleyes:
  5. iamrob7

Not really the TR's fault, just a lame situation.
  6. Vyla

This is extremely disappointing, I've seen very few hackers on Cobalt to date and to have one cheapen the TR like this really does my head in.

I've seen a couple of hackers in my time, unfortunately from all 3 factions, so this is hardly a fair comment. To give you an example, an NC player named Tac0ball or similar was wallhacking around mani biolab, on saturday. It ruined what was a fantastic fight.

Everyone should be reporting these idiots, especially their own faction, all they do is damage the server's atmosphere and end excellent battles prematurely.

I really hope this underserved victory has been reversed by now, although it sucks for every legitimate TR player on the server.
    • Up x 3
  7. iamrob7

Yup Tac0ball also had a TR alt and a VS alt he played with over those couple of days. TR one was called tacobell (or something like that), don't recall the VS name but it was another variation on tacoball. Normally though Cobalt has been largely free of hackers, with only the occasional one around, I've only encountered 4-5 hackers in 500 hours of play up until the merge on Cobalt. Sadly with more players, come more hackers.

It's not the TR's or any factions fault when a hacker helps them. It's just a bad situation for everyone, fortunately most players seem willing to report cheaters no matter what faction they are.
    • Up x 1
  8. Matlock0

Weren't those continents ghostcapped early morning? Hackers can swing big fights but I*m not sure how they really help in ghost capping amerish, esamir. Indar requires more than just one hacker even at early times IMO unless he's total superman warping in the sky and annihilating everything but I haven't seen a hack like that yet, only people aimbotting in a designated area.
  9. Hosp

People need to stop accusing an Empire for the acts of 12 y/os. Regardless of what empire the cheaters play on, if you see it report it. Make it known to the other empire any way possible and have them report it as well.

Coming here and accusing other empires for the acts of a few individuals only takes the focus off the true issue.
    • Up x 5
  10. Goretzu

You're lucky then, at least 1/2 dozen times I've come across hackers capable of keeping and entire zerg spawn-camped (well dead within the spawn as soon as they spawn) with only an infantry weapon [with infinate ammo, fire through anything, 100% headshots and seeming invlunrability as well].

As well as several dozen time coming across blatent ones that weren't quite that powerful.
  11. {joer

The funny thing is you most likely think there is some fundamental difference between the faction populations. PS2 is a great lesson in human psychology as the "us vrs them" mentality arises. I have played all three factions on three different servers and I find basically zero differences.
    • Up x 3
  12. Sebyos

Oh yeah the hacker problem. But no worries Smedley is mad mad mad and he will erase them all !

Jokes aside GW2 released without hackers and got rid of bots in less than 3 months. It's pathetic to see SoE so helpless against hackers.
  13. AshOck

Sure, it's possible. Costs money though and apparently not enough people are pissed off about this problem for SOE to take
    any serious action beyond what they are already doing.
  14. iamrob7

They were more or less, but there was actually a battle on Esamir for about 2 hours early morning, involving a single VS platoon fighting off 2 TR platoons. Which they did successfully for quite a while. Then the population actually balanced out for some reason and things suddenly looked up for the VS on Esamir. That's when the hacker struck and single handedly made defending the final couple of territories, which we had been defending for 2 hours repeatedly against a much larger force, impossible to defend. Just a little frustrating at the time, alongside the obligatory TR messages on yell as if they had finally achieved their goal, oblivious to the fact that a hacker had just slaughtered every VS on Esamir repeatedly.

In this instance, because there were only 2-3 territories being fought over the entire time. The hackers influence was enough at the right moment to cap the continent. Naturally though the ghost capping before the battle started was all legitimate work.
  15. Nathaniak

Nobody likes hackers. As said above, they ruin a good fight. If you lose a continent, but know that you did your best and the enemy outthought and/or outnumbered you, fair enough. But if one or two idiots decide to go hacking, that ruins it. The defenders have no chance, and the attackers are deprived of an oppotunity to inflict a fair defeat (it's always fun to finally beat a group of good defenders). Boo hiss to hackers. Report them whenever you can, regardless of faction.
  16. Withnail

There is someone currently on Cobalt tracking down hackers, broadcast about an hour ago. That's pretty swift I think.

Ah wednesday... Maybe not so swift then ;)
  17. MiguelXSR

You have to buy GW2, every time you get banned, you have to think about whether or not to spend money on it again.
    PS2 is free, if you are banned, you make a new account and use the same hacks.

That's why it's hard for SOE to get rid of hackers
  18. Sebyos

Which doesn't make SoE any better. They should have known their model was meant to be full of hackers and I'm pretty sure they did.

Now they are trying to pretend that they really want the hackers out when they could have prevented them from getting in in the first place...
  19. {joer

Thats why F2P games need to be managed better.
  20. Bill Hicks

Hackers love TR and TR loves hackers.