Why the Lattice is needed

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Rockstone, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Rockstone

[IMG]
    /thread
    Allatum on Mattherson was COMPLETELY isolated in the middle of hostile territory when I saw this...
    At least with a Lattice Allatum would HAVE to fall before they advanced...
    • Up x 2
  2. ShadWulf

This is a good thing. Having the occasional huge sustained battle is a good thing.
    • Up x 3
  3. Ztiller

A lattice system will not remove isolated Bio-labs.

Also, this is not a PSA.

Finally, i'm glad the Orders chat on Ceres isn't filled with such ridiculous BS.
  4. xen3000

Could we actually please add value to those "sustained" battles beyond farming?
    • Up x 2
  5. Torok

i love allatum :>
    one last month session gave me chills to my spine

[IMG]
    ui is not in English but you can understand the k/d Ratio :p
  6. Littleman

... The victor gets to press forward against the enemy with a well set up lattice?

To be honest, it was no different in PS1. Massive battles took time, but everyone had the same goal: push the other team out of the base.
  7. ShadWulf

The value is in the fun you get shooting at people, which is the whole point of this game.
  8. xen3000

Then if/when a lattice is added, I hope it is well made.

I was actually thinking more along the lines of meaningful play (in the context of the over all game), not just a convenient location for a team death-match. Pretty sure there is supposed to be some greater point to the game then just "shoot badguys".
    • Up x 2
  9. Littleman

Conquering land. That won't really come into play until an intercontinental lattice and continental lock-outs can be realistically implemented without the game essentially slitting it's wrists in the process. Four continents is still a rather slim number and I somewhat imagine SOE planning to merge servers once more if populations don't rise too much to accommodate filling future landmasses yet to be released. Realistically speaking, it would be ideal to see 3 major battle fronts at most times of day: VS<->TR, TR<->NC, NC<->VS. In other words, two fronts per empire. I'm thinking 6 continents minimum will do the trick.
  10. Rockstone

I'm really hoping the Lattice makes battles take hours instead of minutes. I'd love to watch a battle rage on for 3 or 4 hours before... finally... at the crack of dawn, the base falls.
  11. xen3000

This is all good (wishful?) thinking, but going back to my first post, could we add value to sustained fights beyond farming? Right now they serve no purpose as they can just be circumvented and ignored. With the current hex system additional continents will just exacerbate the current ghost town and pop issues, and performing more and more merges is impractical if they plan to add the number of continents they say they want to. I really hope if they do implement a lattice, SOE don't **ck it up.
  12. Littleman

????

Did you miss this from Higby's twitter? It's been all over the forums and across several whine/praise threads by now.

[IMG]
  13. xen3000

Yeah, still no confirmation of it's implementation or enough details to confirm it won't be a failed execution.
  14. cfnz

The cynicism is strong in this one ;).
  15. Eugenitor

I can see it's a failed execution just looking at it. Yes, let's turn this into a gigantic MOBA game. I'm sure we'll all enjoy that.
  16. cfnz

Did you not read the 3 year plan for PS2?

"NPC armies – imagine as the commander of a base sending an NPC army towards another base MOBA style except it’s in the middle of the Planetside 2. This isn’t another game mode. It’s all part of the same game."
  17. Radec594

ç_ç dammi la metà delle tue cert e mi farai un uomo felice!!!

Ok, english mode back on, slipped for a second.
  18. adaroe

In my sig, go forth! read, argue, see the light. Preferrably 2/3
  19. Eugenitor

>NPC player-controlled armies
    >NPC enemies
    >eSports
    >harvestable resources

oh my god he can't be serious, this cannot be a serious post
  20. DoniSWhite

PlanetofWarcraft
    • Up x 1