SOE how can you be this blind? Hackers at the top of daily boards...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by JonJonPoPong, Mar 4, 2013.

1. JonJonPoPong

Check the daily kill boards and there are guys with 1500+ kills 100+ K/D ratios.. One of them is online right now and these guys are running rampant all day long. They are obviously hackers and its insane that there is no system that flags players who are on accounts and running 10.00+ ratios. I can play for a 2 hours and run 10.00+ ratio for 100+ kills but not for 1500 and NOT WITH infantry weps only. I'm using vehicles and my MAX. Plus my over all ratio is around a 2.
    No one does 1500 kills in a day with noob infantry weps and runs a 100+ ratio....
  2. InMedeasRage

Alternate explanation: Crown farmers.
  3. Vibe

Liberator gunner with a decked out lib and a competent pilot. It's not that hard to rack up good KD with that setup.
  4. Fox234

I assume you missed the bit about "infantry weapons". :p

Edit- Unless of course we've started duct taping infantry to Liberators now.
  5. illgot

too bad they don't also list how much that person has spent in Sony Station Cash.
  6. Kaon1311

Thats a good idea, extra flak armour! I will adorn my prowler with dead NC and Vanu.
    • Up x 1
  7. Fox234

I was thinking more duct taping newbies with Annis to the sides of Liberators so they have proper defense. :p
  8. Goretzu

Unfortunately hacker (or rather hack program users) are endemic in Planetside 2.

I've never come across a game with so many, although I guess that also goes with F2P after so many years of only playing subscription based games.

But the number or blatent hackers I see (underground, firing through ground, infinate ammo, 100% hit rate and headshort rate) is pushing about 1 per day.

But it's not actually those guys that worry me, it's all the other more subtle ones, using radar hacks, having their movement speed set at 25% faster, using an aim-bot, but detuned so it's not 100% hit and 100% head-shots.

For every blatent hacker around there much be 10's if not 100's of subtle hackers around, certainly if you start looking for people that behave as if they can see everyone (i.e. radar hack users) then an awful lot of people use it. And there are an awful lot of guilds that would seem to be using the subtle hacker approach, occasionally turning on "superman" mode, if they get stuck.
  9. Rickenbacker

That's the only function of high score tables, to detect cheaters. Now, if they'd only auto-ban the top 2% or so, all would be good.
  10. JonJonPoPong

Just check yesterdays top daily kill players. Then check the players weapons used and the players k:d. NO ONE goes ******* 100-1 15 TIMES. NO ONE and NOT in ONE DAY. You can ratio play but that means playing super cautiously, not being in getting a kill every 10 seconds firefight situations.
    Even crown farming your going to run into a MAX or a tank that is going to **** up your day and fairly often.

I know there's a ton of people who hack and aren't ******** about it, they hide it better, however if SOE cant deal with a ton of people running around all day long hacking up a storm, how will SOE ever deal with the people who hide their hacks well?
  11. Wrek

unsure if its what you are talking about or if its even relevant, but:
    Yes some may be hackers, but some might also be for testing :/
  12. JonJonPoPong

13. Lakora

This proves that you can't take the leader board for granted cause that guys stats look quite normal considering the weapons he's been using in that timeline...

Now once the Players site comes OUT OF BETA than we can talk again, considering yesterday every single kill I had was done by knife... (Funny since i don't use it actually)
  14. Zaik

leaderboards have been buggy since beta.

We used to see people get 4000+ KDR because it would put their lifetime kills in there and not their deaths for no apparent reason.