So, huh, was that just forum censorship ?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by UberBonisseur, Mar 3, 2013.

1. UberBonisseur

The thread about the "lattice" prototype picture issued by Higby posted earlier was just removed.
    It went for a good 10 pages then poof.

Not moved, not closed, it simply vanished.
    [IMG]
  2. Umrtvovacz

Yeah what's up with that? I just wanted to show it to a friend...
  3. PaperPlanes

lol at being surprised by SOE's forum censorship. Do you have any idea how many of my posts have been deleted for no reason?
    • Up x 2
  4. Kristan

No wonder Smed hates the forum moderators
    • Up x 4
  5. omega4

Maybe the PS2 developers finally realized that the lattice idea wasn't a good idea to start with.

Good riddance to the lattice. I like my warfare to be "open endeded", not one big long daisy chain.
    • Up x 2
  6. Playful Pony

Hmm, I didn't see this when it was available, but it sounds interesting... Is there any place where one can view the contents still? was it quoted on an unrelated gaming forum perhaps?
  7. Umrtvovacz

8. Marinealver

He perfers the company of CoD players
  9. Exigo

In before censorship. Hi mom!!
    • Up x 1
  10. UberBonisseur

It was just posting the pic above and discussing about it, not much really
  11. Marinealver

That looks cool. Almost like a MOBA verson of the area control.
  12. Mightyhalo

I like the idea. It would force big outfits to actually fight instead of empty base zerging, or overwhelming force zerging. That's the problem with the game right now is most of the big outfits avoid the big/fair fight.
  13. permafrost

It may be a lattice system, but it's not the lattice system. The lattice system required the conquering of point B before you take point C. This only designates influence and where resources and benefits flow, not where you can or cannot attack. It gives direction for the flow of the battle. If you want to get really technical, the current hex system is a lattice system, but far more connecting points.
  14. Evilhardt

The censorship that is being conducted in these forums is beyond ridiculous. There is absolutely no doubt SOE censors whatever has the potential to be bad PR for them. The lattice thing was highly controversial → a lot of people didn't like it → bad PR for SOE → delete thread.

Absolutely laughable. Bet this my post get's removed too in just a few minutes.
    • Up x 1
  15. omega4

Thanks for educating me as to the differences.

However, I still prefer the current system of being able to mount an attack (or counterattack) with complete 360* of freedom and choice of vector on the map. The new lattice system will prevent this from happening.
  16. Harbinger

Except that this amount of freedom is what's preventing that real war feeling at the moment.
    And lol@SOE censorship. GG.
  17. Lord Robert

In before lock/delete
    Also lattice system might be fun for a change
  18. omega4

Well, I think what's preventing that real war feeling at the moment is the smaller number of gamers playing PS2 at any one time.

Just yesterday there were a lot of players on the Mattherson server and it offered up the BEST real war feeling that I have EVER had while playing a game. It was incredible.
  19. NDroid

I haven't seen the other thread but this looks interesting. Of course on this side of Indar the flow is dictated by the canyons so I wonder how it would look like in less constricting areas. I suppose a lattice like system could be made but there are probably too may outposts. Then again, with the hexes being rescaled they don't all have to be adjacent to one another so it could still work on the existing maps.
  20. omega4

The flow dictated by canyons is ONLY on the southeastern part of Indar.

The rest of the map is great as it's nice and open. The best battles can be found in the open areas of the map, where flanking attacks can and do take place.