WTF happened to the Old semi-auto shotguns?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Dkamanus, Mar 2, 2013.

1. Dkamanus

Seriously, for some reason they decided to add some massive kick in every shot, making it almost impossible to actually shot multiples shots at 10m at 1 target without having your aim going completely off. I really want an answer on this because this way these shotguns are only reliable (and by a small chance) at point blank range.

Hopefully this is not a "bug" to force us to buy the new ones. And if it was introduced as a feature for such, I am effectively from now stopping to buy ANYTHING via SC in this game, and recomending my whole outfit to do the same.

I want a straight answer from the devs or someone on SOE about this BIG issue.
    • Up x 2
  2. Zaik

I always had this problem with them. Did you turn your sensitivity down recently? It would make them harder to handle.
  3. Dkamanus

You don't undestand. The vertical recoil per shot is OFF the roof now. It's was much smaller before and now I can't do 2 shots without having the first shot bring the sights VERY high, making impossible to use the semi auto feature. This is completely ****** up and I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing that.
  4. Hadrekson

Yes, I also experienced that with my semi auto.

I think they reverted the recoil buff for the semi auto shotguns. So the recoil is indeed worse than it was a week ago, but it is as it was like a month ago.
  5. Dkamanus

I'm willing to feel that this is a bug than a stealth nerf. I'm waiting on a SOE employee answer.
  6. Springheel Jack

You already know the answer to this.

You should be spending your money to buy the new pumps.

Love, SoE.
    • Up x 1
  7. Dkamanus

Too bad for them. If this is the case, I won't be spending a dime anymore on this game. They need to stop this stealth nerfing and actually put EVERYTHING they have done on the patch. That's the least they should do and they insist on NOT doing that. You piss more people off by not telling what you are doing.
  8. Izriul

placebo effect inc
  9. Goodnight

It is an animation issue or something. If you shoot at a wall the with the semi autos as fast as you can; the grouping is still just as tight as before.... The bouncing animation doesn't affect your shot even though it appears to. But yes it is most likely a bug there and it is very annoying I am sure during combat.

Should note Tested with the Mauler on NC side. Had the animation issue
  10. grinko

You guys need to calm down. I just checked the Google Docs spreadsheet with the weapon data pulled straight from the game files, and the semi-auto shotguns (or any other weapon, for that matter) have not been altered in any way. The only change to the weapon data was the addition of the pump-action shotguns.
  11. that_darn_lurker

You guys are crazy. The recoil has always sucked, and I know because I use the Pandora every single time I play. Gots to get a compensator for that thing like I did my VX29 Polaris last night.
  12. BEAT

I have a Sweeper and the recoil has indeed changed. It used to go more or less straight up with a little left or right pull. Now it consistently pulls up and to the left making a counterclockwise circle before coming back to position. However, I believe it is just the animation that has changed after testing it out on a wall. The pattern seems to be the same as it was before it just "feels" different.

They added a sound of the empty shells hitting the ground too.
  13. Dkamanus

I did check also it for something, just to be sure, but its quite annoying, and you never know. They seem to have done it to the magrider.

Although NO shells come out of the shotgun itself. Weird.
  14. Choggo

Just going to copy and paste this from my other post, didn't see this one and figured lets keep it all together.
    Got into a biolab fight this afternoon so I equipped my trusty ol' Mauler, (NC Semi Auto 6 mag Shotgun), to my surprise when I started shooting I though the biolab came under attack from a new form of Orbital Earthquake generator, but I stopped shooting and realized all the massive shaking was coming from my gun.

Now it's not as horrible as I joke above, fortunately the screen shake and weapon jerk are way over exaggerated compared to the actual reticule shift. Though it does make the gun "Feel" more powerful as it feels like your shooting an Elephant gun.

I'm not really sure if this is actually a bug or not, because after firing the Mauler I thought to myself, "Oh I HAVE to try to Piston (NC Full auto Shotgun) and see how crazy that must be". But to my surprise, it has no screen shake...
  15. Choggo

I'm about 75% confident it's some type of bug, I've been going crazy on the warpgate and I've noticed that you don't always get the kick. I haven't been able to pinpoint how I stop the shake, some times I was able to get 2-3 shots off and then it shakes again.

Here is a video I did showing the recoil and some times the shot not jumping, at 18 seconds you see one of the shots doesn't kick and I believe it happens 1-2 more times.

16. JudgeDeath

Ninjanerf to old stuff to make new stuff more appealing ... would they really sink this low ?

Well .. look at the SMG thing ... in VS case the first one is seriosly subpar in comparison to the new one that was brought out just weeks after.
  17. iamrob7

The Pandora is not a semi-automatic shotgun, it is an automatic. Perhaps the nerf only effects the semi-automatic shotguns.
  18. Big Cyz

I thought it was just a placebo effect for me since I haven't played in a while. Now this thread.

It's not a massive change, but it's enough to switch back to a SMG for close range fights.
  19. Black13