how long do tank mines last?

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by Inzababa, Feb 11, 2013.

1. Ocfos

I got proof.

[IMG]

So yeah, tank mines do persist through class change. I placed those mines about 15 minutes prior.
  2. Spazmodian

AT Mines, AP Mines and C4 all persist for a maximum of 18000 seconds, which is 5 hours.
  3. Inzababa

source?
  4. Stordito

Planetside 2 have different continents but they are NOT different istances.
    I successifully received points for resupplying people on indar while i was on amerish.
    you can also deploy a mine, go on esamir and receive that kill.
    If you notice the loading screen does not pop up just for changing continent, but when you change scenario and your pc has to buffer all the new assets.
    indar and esamir could be two islands near each other, that would not change the fact that those 3 words are not separated istances, and infact you are able to interact with them from another place.

this structure is in place because the game is probably going in that direction, allowing realtime (slow) travel on air and sea alongside with the instant warpgate travel.
  5. Xasapis

This is incorrect. You can deploy as many as you can carry. Any mine placed beyond that replaces the ones you've already placed.
    The final rank on the utility pouch allows you to carry the 3rd anti-personnel mine.
  6. Adamar09

Geh, I meant rank 4.
  7. Xasapis

The rank before the final one allows you to carry 5 AT mines. Since single mines are useless, spending 1000 certs for one seems an overkill and a waste. Even if you combine C4 with AT mines, the max amount of C4 is 4, which again means that the 5th AT mine is obsolete.
  8. y3ivan

are you sure? cos i notice there is a cap on mines, once i began restocking it. it shows 34/40 and i cant resupply.
  9. Xasapis

Hit resupply again on a terminal. You'll be able to go 40/40 with 5/5 in your inventory.
  10. Inzababa

check video in this thread :)
  11. Hecket

I can lay 3 AT mines and 2 AP mines and 2 c4 none dissapear, even as a engineer

Fun fact:
    when losing a biolap:
    - place 3 At mines near the door entrances.
    - Put the 2 AP mines behind the 2 different AT mine (make sure they are within detonation range)
    - Swith to Light Assault class (with grenade bandolier so you can throw 3 grenades)
    - Put the c4 behind the other AT mine without a AP mine.
    - Run up the stairs and wait for the enemy to run in.

The AP Mines will detonate the tank mines wich kills anything in it's radius. The C4 must be remote detonated so timing is crucial. After detonating the C4, throw your 3 grenades out and escape through the top floor and hoover away.

Highest killstreak was 38 kills in less then 10 seconds.
  12. Snypherz

Is c4 or tank mine better?
  13. Xasapis

Depends. AV mines are pretty much good only vs vehicles. They are sub par on anything else.
  14. Adamar09

AV mines are better for their purpose - quicker to deploy, do more damage to sunderers (2 mines will kill a sunderer, 2 C4 will leave it burning), C4 is more general purpose. You can use it to destroy turrets easily, and maxes and such.

Both are good to have but I'd cert ATs on engineer first.
    • Up x 1
  15. Darumar

So reading through this thread the consensus seems to be:

- You can deploy as many deployables as you are certed to carry (AP/AT/C4)
    - The deployable counters are independent of each other (ie. deployed AT mines does not affect the amount of AP mines you can deploy)
    - Deployables persist through changing class/dying
    - Deployables may or may not persist through changing continent (nothing conclusive yet)
    - Deployables have a lifespan of 5 hours (need confirmation)

What I'd really like to know is: If I loadout with utility belt and can i.e. carry 5 AT mines, deploy those 5 and then change out of my utility belt, will those mines still be deployed? (I assume yes).

Even more interesting: Do I need to have the UB equipped to deploy those 5 mines ?

What if I loadout with UB, able to deploy 5 mines, deploy those, then loadout without the UB, then deploy a new mine, will I then only replace my first mine, or will I lose both mines granted by the UB? :)
  16. Kcalehc

Another question would be: does the C4 or AP counter count deployables on different classes?
    That is, can I drop 2 C4 on my engy, then 2 C4 on my HA, then 2 C4 on my medic and have them all still be there? (similarly for AP mines and Infiltrators)
    • Up x 1
  17. Inzababa

hah good question, you can try it out easy in game :)