GU4 Chill out xD

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by The Milk Man, Mar 1, 2013.

1. The Milk Man

Guys, guys.. Chill. The update didn't even come out yet and some people are assuming the worst and some are assuming the best.

For the TR Prowler, the splash damage was reduced so that you can't 1 hit infantry without even hitting enemies directly. We can still directly hit them and 1 hit enemies. And guess what? TR have 2 shots with prowler. So that's basically 2 tries to directly 1 hit someone while vanu and NC only have 1 stronger shot. That 1 stronger shot will probably be enough to 1 hit people simply by hitting the ground really close to them. And when i mean close, I mean like 1 foot away from hitting them since the explosive radius is going to be reduced. 2 shots for a kill with the prowler when hitting the ground near a enemy. Therefore, the MBT vs infantry seems pretty evened out between all factions. MBT vs MBT was already show to be balanced in Higby's charts that he put up a few weeks ago and no changes were made in tank to tank combat.

So everything is balanced in terms of the MBT stuff as far as I know and lets hope the fights will be fair now when the updates comes along next week.
    • Up x 2
  2. Rhinzual

Careful man, not everyone seems to appreciate a calm and reasonable post on these forums.
    • Up x 3
  3. Zaik

The main issue(that I had) with the splash damage was the Prowler did 1000x2. If you have maxed flak armor that will still kill you in one reload. Vanguard doesn't have a 2000 splash shot, so it's not a problem for it. Tbh if they just reduce the prowler's splash to 999 I'd be fine with it, feels bad to spend so much (1211?) only to have it be completely ineffective.

If you get a direct hit with the main gun of an MBT you earned your kill imo.
  4. Trignite

Yeah i agree all in all the update is looking good, mag gets some of its mobility back (it was OP before but now it kinda sucks) less vehicle splash vs infantry is kind of good but it might make me abandon the HE rounds on my lightning and go for heat rounds instead.

I am looking forward to seeing more vehicle vs vehicle combat and less tanks sitting on a hill shooting into buildings.

Lots of TR just read the first post and didn't bother trying to understand how the nerf would work and just started complaining. It sounds pretty good, if you have good aim the prowler will be better at killing infantry.
  5. The Milk Man

Haha yeah, I was pretty peeved when I read Higby's post that the tank rounds wouldn't be able to 1 hit anymore, but then he later corrected himself and said that it was only for splash damage. Direct hits would still 1 hit according to him. So I partially blame him for not specifically stating that it was for splash damage only xD But then of course, as with every nerf to a faction, there will be someone complaining, and its the TR's turn this time.
  6. BarxBaron

I feel significantly more doom n' gloom for the faction imbalanced specific launchers then the prowler nerfs.

TR libs kiss your ***** goodbye while you are sniped doing strafting runs in your moving giant bricks.
    Hand held sarons with full rotation...........wonderful.

Cover? What cover? There is no cover near NC!

It's PS1 all over again. Striker was always worse then the other two.....period. I have no doubt SOE will pull the same ********.
  7. B0bzor

I'm glad they're changing this. There was virtually no reason to run HE on the prowler because it would insta gib infantry anyways.

EDIT: Oops, just read that even with HE the prowler won't one shot infantry with splash... This could be interesting.

Can a Vanguard with HEAT OHK infantry with splash?
  8. Aghar30

I applaud you sir for not following your leaders whine on these forums. Id tip my hat to you but I don't have one.
  9. The Milk Man

Well it depends on how they implement these rocket launchers. For example, in a game called Ratchet and Clank, there was a weapon where you could use camera controlled missiles. At first it started off slow, but then it quickly started to go really fast to the point where it was impossible to turn effectively. Therefore, the rocket crashed into something like a tree or a wall most of the time.
  10. Cinc

You know, i cant help but feel SOE went "Oh wait, the prowler has 2 barrels? NERF."

I mean really, were effectively running around with an OP 1 barreled gun. Were even suppose to use it as one now. Whats the point of having 2 barrels if there both nerfed to the point of just being 1?

While i realize the prowler had to be toned down, they effectively did that by saying we have to use out double barrels as a single barrel gun, but STILL get suck with all of the countless flaws that ended up forcing us to get, what, 1.5 TIMES the DPS of any other tank in this game to not get utterly massacred by anything that moves.

This is pathetic. They could of atleast actully fixed the prowler rather then throwing bandaid upon obsessive bandaid on the damn thing.
  11. BarxBaron

As a lib pilot that would just make it even worse for me. 0 warning super fast pre-aimed missle ahoy! ;p

Though it'd make it more balanced vs ground - the idea of a TOW missle is purely imbalanced from the ground up unless the other side has direct counters or the same thing. Right now the only thing close is the AV mana turret but GL trying to counter some NC spawn rocketeering.

The real problem with prowlers, however, is that SOE screwed up by changing its PS1 shooting style.
    In PS1 the shots were fast but came 1 at a time in a constant flow. It was MUCH easier to balance then what we have right now, in both recoil and alpha strike. PS1 was a much better style of shooting for our prowlers by far.
  12. The Milk Man

Look at it this way, we have to 2 shots while the other factions have 1. That means if we learn how to aim directly at the enemy, we can take out one enemy and a second enemy right after if we hit them directly. While the other tanks only have a chance of killing 1 enemy unless they are right next to each other. And if the prowler misses the target by like a foot, it still does damage and we just fire another shot to get the kill. That's pretty balanced I think.
  13. Kunotron

Yeah, even as TR I always thought Prowler splash should be 500 while all other 1-shot tanks were at 1000. That nerf is long overdue. The only thing I am concerned about is if a direct hit isn't a OHK.

You could say "But the prowler has 2 shots per reload while the others have 1, so it should take 2". On that same note, would you use a sniper rifle that takes 2 head shots to kill and has to reload every 2 shots, or a sniper rifle that kills in 1 and reloads every one shot? How about a shotgun that kills in 1 shot and reloads every 1 shot, or one that kills in 2 shots and reloads every 2? Every time your going to go for the one hit kill weapon because it's instant death, and no TTK stat is faster than instant.

Only way they can really balance this out is to give the prowler 1 barrel (not going to happen), or let it change fire modes like we can do on infantry weapons, and make it so both barrels can fire at once (with a higher reload delay). That way even if one shot is a direct hit and doesn't kill the target, the splash from the 2nd shot landing nearby should finish them off.
  14. aedn

The main issue i have is that right now, the proposed changes diminish vehicles vs infantry even more as the scale of the battle grows, aside from the prowler due to its dual cannons. RIght now, while its possible to do well in vehicles vs infantry , it requires your own infantry to support you and act as a counter balance to enemy infantry, as well as air.

this to me is combined arms at is should be, although air power needs some tweeks to be able to for liberators to be more effective in larger scale battles. while not being OP against smaller infantry groups, probably slight increases to speed, and a bit more defense against G2A rocket spam.

Once infantry zergs reach critical mass, nothing impacts them except another infantry zerg. This is fine in large bases, or at chokepoints, but the changes will only reinforce infantry zerg over open ground, mindless human wave assaults on open terrain will become even worse then it already is. There needs to be a hard counter to silly infantry zergs on open ground, who refuse to use anything more then human wave approach to the game.

Putting changes in place, that make the infantry zerg even more powerful on open terrain, is a bad idea, unless changes are put in place to offset the advantages infantry have, as far as render distance, mass rocket spam, etc etc etc.
  15. Sowahka

I always thought it was one of the best tanks, it would be outsniped by a Mag but at close-medium range it would annihilate the Magrider. Double-barrel system is awesome, if you miss your first shot then rather than waiting for a 4s reload you can fire immediately again to recover some damage, and the second shot would never miss because you'd now have a reference point from where the first shot missed. The patch was needed, was a bit ridiculous that it could kill twice as many infantry, out-DPS the other two tanks AND outsnipe them when locked down. It's a lovely little box of death.
  16. The Milk Man

Haha yeah, I totally agree about the little box of death xD They didn't make any changes to mbt vs mbt so were still going to be really effective at tank fighting xD