Nothing being done about hackers

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by OoogMcTog, Mar 1, 2013.

1. OoogMcTog

This is a fun game and I am willing to wait out the balance and bug issues. The one thing I am not willing to wait out is for them to get weed out all the hacking. Speed hacks are becoming more and more common as well as no clipping. I have seen the same guy on my server with several different accounts every day. Every time he loses an account he just makes a new one and keeps on hacking. SOE needs to stop with the lies, they say they are cracking down on it but if that's the case then how do I see the SAME hacker every single day on my server slaughtering crowds of people. Get rid of them or give me the money I spent on SC back.
  2. SgtSomeone

3. OoogMcTog

It doesn't matter if you ban them if they can just MAKE A NEW ACCOUNT and go right back to HACKING.
  4. Trelawney

Have just come back from a business trip and was looking forward to my first evening's PS2 - gave up...

Miller tonight - NC player Kurillc000 or similar on a rampage for 2-3 hours killing VS from inside wall/floor/aim-botting and infinite ammo. Took one of the Amp Stations (by taking down SCU) then Bio Lab inside spawn room wall. We tried to play on but it was useless as there were at least half a dozen VS being spawn killed but we tried everything to play on despite this.

Dozens (if not hundreds) of players must have reported him (even NC) - we lost most of Indar as a result. Logging in disgust (and this comes from someone with a lot of patience and tolerance so far. I'm afraid that hackers are sadly still as prevalent as ever and one person can ruin an entire evening's gameplay.

/reporting does not appear to initiate any real-time action - if the servers are not being actively monitored for such impactful players when we are using the provided /report function.

/gutted
  5. CupidStunts

The Vanu Council decided: the most vote was fnarr
  6. BOOKEN

I recall making a post 2 months ago estimating that atleast 10,000 people are cheating and took a bunch of slack from both sides of the argument.

Now that we know it is true I guess I can take my tin foil hat off and they can put their dunce caps on.

Could you please provide the link to that quote from Smedley so that we can make sure everyone knows it is legit and provide some PROOF this is a serious problem.
  7. MajorDonkey

Im witnessing wallers, aimbotters and teleport hackers daily, espcially teleport hackers - mainly on my team - Terran Republic on
    Connery server, I have reported hundreds of players but they are on all day - it just seems like a bad idea the current system there should be more restrictions after a ban on someones account for said same person to re-create a new free account - if SOE tracked the IP adresses of said banned player, then when said person tries to create a new free account perhaps they have massive restrictions on cert gains, or restrictions to what they can do for a few days, just to keep them from ruining the game for others and so SOE can monitor said players. Because the way it is now - they just get banned, go to planetsid2.com and make new accounts and start the bs all over again because the game is free. If you want to put a stop to this then SOE needs to track the players by IP, it is
    the only way I can think of solving this issue.