full auto vs pump action time comparison?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by KukKung, Mar 1, 2013.

1. KukKung

Can anyone post a timed video on TR full auto nighthawk vs the pump action shotgun side by side

i currently run with the full auto, with extended mag. i have tested the pump action 3x with all my characters and either im not used to single shot individual mouse clicking or the time between shots, but my effenciency seems to have dropped. my theory behind this is following.

wondering if someone could post a side by side timed video of unloading 1 full clip with extended mag. no killing needed and wont concern about head shots. i have a gut feeling that switching to a pump may not be the right upgrade coming from a full auto. not to concerned about semi shotguns i assume most people that are using semi shouldnt have any issues switching to pump. but going from full auto to pump is a drastic game play change.

did some testing of the pump in bio labs any misc cap points where you can find a good amount of people just standing still capping it, so my request for a video is based on such scenerio.

i have an gut feeling that the full auto maybe more productive than switching to pump action even thow pump does what it states, stopping power with one hit kill.

- full auto - extended mag, 10 round clip assuming it that every shot would land on the body for 2x body shot this would equal 5 kills
    - pump action - extended mag, 7 shots, assuming that every shot landed body and one hit kill this would be 7 kills

my concern comes here. i run in suicide mission with my full auto i unload a full clip in mer seconds killing 5 ppl, now on the flip side i run in and the same scenerio with pump i felt that i could only get half the kills due to the fact of reload of each shot. and the additional time it takes to unload pump extended clip and to get to the 3rd, 4th, 5th enemy which inturn gave them time to react and fire back.

so i would really like to know how fast it takes to unload a full extended clip and see how they compare and what the outcome could be under my general scenerio which is fairly common to see 10/15 guys huddled around a cap point.

im lead to believe that the extended time it takes to unload a pump could cost you kills and your life.
  2. KukKung

if my theory is right i would rather have the full auto, even thow it may take double the ammo and have the jump on 5 guys and kill them all in a second without them having time to react vs having a pump, last i seen i heard the pump takes .5 sec between each shot so in that theory by the time i get to the 4th, 5th guy a second and half has already gone by
  3. Cookiepiledriver

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AuOojvNLMApVdEtIU1NKenEzNzZOSWNaanFqSUVxLWc&type=view&gid=12&f=true&colid0=17&filterstr0=SHOTGUN, PUMP&sortcolid=-1&sortasc=true&rowsperpage=250

Don't need to guess at all, or theorize. It's all there in .. black, white and blue.

120 rpm for the pump vs. 300 rpm for the auto.

The auto requires one head-shot, or two to the body (assuming all pellets hit), while the pump kills even if some of the pellets hit the legs/arms.

I don't see many people with shotguns in this game due to their specific nature, but being killed in less than 2 shots is really a rarity due to the lack of closed CQC areas outside of biolab as well as player latency, pellet spread etc.
  4. KukKung

know what the calculations would be for just one clip extended in seconds for full auto vs pump
  5. Cookiepiledriver

Assuming first shot is instantaneous, leaves 9 rounds in the mag for the full-auto:

9 rounds/ 300 rounds per minute = .03 minutes = 1.8 seconds

Using the same convention for the pump:

6 rounds/120 rounds per minute = .05 minutes = 3 seconds