Thoughts on new Pump Action Shotguns

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by STLYoungblood, Mar 1, 2013.

1. STLYoungblood

Anyone else give them a try yet? I actually quite like them. Funny though, first 10 minutes almost made me stop using them and then all of a sudden it clicked.

• Up x 6
  2. redsteven

Thanks for the AWESOME review
    • Up x 1
  3. Paperlamp

With extended mag and slugs that headshot(which will be amazing for hiding out in trees if it's true) I imagine they're going to be my new LA and maybe even engi gun for NC. Which is great because it'll feel like a hard hitting gun should, rather than so many of the NC guns that just feel like nerfed automatics. Swap to buckshot for biolabs and such of course. Waiting to see the supposed new one(s) before throwing 1k certs at the current one though.

The lower recoil made a huge difference it seems like, I performed considerably better with a pump than semi-auto when I trialed both today. I thought it was higher accuracy, but I guess it's just recoil since the stats seem the same for CoF - though having extra pellets may also factor in here.

May even use slugs all around since you never know when you're going to really need to take a longer shot, but I'll definitely have to see how bad I am at using them in CQC.
  4. Zaik

Trialled it, hated it.

Might be okay on an LA using the sprint speed increase, thing is crap if you don't get the one hit kill.
  5. Zer0range

The VS86 is great. Good aim is rewarded with one shot kills at close range.
  6. StormStrafe

Two of my friends and I trialed the currently available pump-action shotguns and did some testing at different ranges on each other. Then did some Bio Lab fighting. Pretty "meh" in my opinion. A one trick pony with its one hit kill. It doesn't offer the longer effective range that I was hoping for when they were announced (I'd rather have that instead of a one hit kill).

The first kill that one of my friends got with the trialed pump-action resulted in an angry tell from the recently killed player that was along the lines of "I hope you're enjoying your over powered flavor of the month purchase, jerk!"
  7. Tekuila

I
    I got one of those hate tells. "Looks like someone just bought skill"
    • Up x 4
  8. Zer0range

You get the rage for free, and that's priceless :)
    • Up x 2
  9. AngryPlayer

Why do you have a laser on your shotgun?
    • Up x 3
  10. Ashlander

I love the TR one. Rewarding patience is exactly what the game should be doing. Im excited to try slugs, but Im not quite there. I think its really weak you cant stop the reloads even though you are just putting shells in by hand. That is a really big drawback, because the reload times are ******* massive.

Also it is super SUPER hard to hit laggy people, and as one of the guys coming from a low pop server into a new merge onto a high pop, I am seeing a lot more laggy players.

Also WTF Laser sight??? Extended mags is the only option. No questions asked, especially considering the reload times.
  11. Torok

aaaaaaaaaaand 305 kills here today with it, I FREAKING LOVE IT

Dat Claw, the good ol' pumping feeling
  12. Badname3073

Dat's how you take the Crown with a Benelli
  13. AngryPlayer

You can stop the reload, just shoot, it'll stop reloading and fire the shot.
  14. Cookiepiledriver

15. KRE8R125

Yeah if you watch the video he gets himself into trouble when he doesn't get the one hit kills.
  16. STLYoungblood

I agree. I did much better with this than the semi auto too. I tend to spam those a bit more, but I feel more controlled here, even with hipfire. I'm going to post a follow up tomorrow focusing in on the slugs a bit more, so I can give you more info then for sure!
  17. STLYoungblood

I hated it at first with the trial, but bought it anyways as a couple of my subs asked me about it. I actually really like it after getting more game time in.

The VS86 was by far my favorite of the 3.
  18. STLYoungblood

I played more with slugs after I made the video. I hated them at first, but now I'm starting to like them much more. Follow up tomorrow.

True story man! The VS variant felt easier to recover from. I'll keep you all posted.

And as far as why I have laser on my shotgun, I'm testing things out with it. It's a new weapon.
  19. Sifer2

It's pretty broken in CQC, and yet only about half as strong as a ScatMAX. So as much as they need a nerf I will laugh if they are nerfed before ScatMAX. So to any NC that get gibbed by them. You almost know how it feels now lol.
  20. NameForForum

Any stats of the shotguns?