These merges weren't enough

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ICOYAR, Mar 1, 2013.

1. Selerox

I can't speak for other servers, but Cobalt was rammed tonight.

There were some massive battles across Esamir, which hasn't happened for a long, long time. We even had some multi-platoon regions on Amerish, which is unbelievable.

That, plus the much improved flinch mechanic and the game suddenly feels a whole lot better :)
  2. ps2x518

It's prime time right now and all servers are on either low or medium. The night still has a ways to go so hopefully we see at least some high servers. If we don't though, I'm afraid we probably will need another merge.
  3. ps2x518

Good, it will encourage more people to buy a sub. More money for SOE and bigger battles for us. Bring it on!!
  4. Evilhardt

OP is right, these merges weren't enough as it looks. Amerish is still deserted on Ceres.
  5. Jadith

i swear, some people seem to play this game for the sole purpose of complaining about it on the forum...
  6. Vanilasi

Soltech here who got Merged into Matherson... Games unplayable for me because of all the players. Isn't a bad thing, I just have a crap computer. For the guys who can handle it, I'm sure it's awesome.
  7. Rraymondo316

Well earlier (8pm GMT) all 3 merged EU servers were High pop
    [IMG]
    And this was taken just now
    [IMG]
  8. Ronin Oni

Wasn't that like 3AM Eu time? Prime time for East Coast and they're high pop...

in other words... working as intended.
  9. Astealoth

the merger was more than enough. waterson is in an amazing place right now. i came from jaeger and i never, ever saw an indar queue. we had indar queue on merger day from like 4pm to after midnight. amerish was queued for a few hours too. i fought on esamir all day on merger day and it was multiplatoon fights everywhere. if we merged more then the login queue would be insanely long, like thousands of people. they did it perfectly and there's no grounds to complain IMO.
  10. Rraymondo316

That last screenshot which shows Miller & Cobalt as Medium pop was taken about 2.15am Central European Time

Had queues on Mattherson last night aswell :)
  11. ps2x518

I agree, good stuff..leaves a bit of room for growth too..except 1 server I think? Connery maybe? Don't think it got a merge and pops are quite low still according to them.
  12. Cl1mh4224rd

I feel a mixture of amusement and annoyance toward the Connery and Miller folks who were saying things were fine on their server while people from Genudine were complaining about low populations.

Now that these two servers are no longer the most populated, we've got people complaining about how terrible the situation is there.

I don't know what to make of that...
  13. TomoB

What, Miller Indar was full first time for ages today. Visited other continents but noticed that nothing much was happening there, ppl apparently just waiting in line to get to Indar...
  14. Phyr

Helodine is better, but still not enough to get really good fights outside of Indar. Hopefully it gets better or they merge another server into it.
    • Up x 3
  15. MasterChiefette

Helios does have more battles, but still not enough to get people off Indar - so Indar is where we stay. One problem though in the foreseeable future, if they merge Helios with Connery - the VS pop will be so bad there might as well not even be a VS faction. Connery is so NC heavy now, add that to the NC pop on Helios as it is now and NC will be constantly hitting 55% or more compared to the other factions. This morning on Helios VS never broke the 25% pop on the server - not once. VS and TR hovered around 25%, but never quite made it. NC however had enough pop to lock two other continents and nearly capped Indar. :(

SOE needs to address this, because what fun is it if one faction totally dominates a server?
  16. Ronin Oni

so yah, I was close. only 45min off.

Server Merger is the best thing yet to happen to this game.
  17. Ronin Oni

Sounds like TR & VS should fight a common foe on West Coast servers...

What can SOE do?

Force change factions on people? They can't make people play TR or VS.

Only thing I'd do is keep pop bonus for continents, but bring back (and increase benefit from) global population discrepancies.

so if you're 25% server, and 30% Indar, you get bonus XP from both.

XP is usually a pretty solid influence... and if it fails to do that, at least being outnumbered would convey an appreciable advantage.