Teach Me - How to Counter Concussion Grenades

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Spartan 117, Feb 21, 2013.

1. LanceHavenbay

Hmmm. *shurg* Guess I'm wrong then. Perhaps the guys throwing the grenade have bad aim, since half the room tends to get off clean. Thanks for the clarification. :)
  2. mlane16

I am sorry, but certain people's replies to the orginal poster, Spartan 117, are very offensive (especially some of the first few). You don't build a community by trolling someone this hard or being offensive.

Spartan 117 and LanceHavenbay I seen some people as light assults get really lucky and jump out of the way of concussion grenades before they explode, but I myself don't know the answer.

Also doesn't flak armor reduce the damage from concussion grenades?
  3. LabRatTy

You can throw grenades while you're conc'd, right?

Maybe you can just throw your own concussion / flash grenade and stun them as they come in - it doesn't matter if you hit yourself, right? I know the blast goes through walls, so it's not hard to hit with.

Or you can have a medic throw a revive grenade as people are dying, bring everyone back. I love those things.
  4. FA18

Actually, if concussion grenades and smoke grenades were used at the same time you could probably get through the biolab landing pad openings. It would require coordination and rapid action but it could work.
  5. FateJH

I've been hit by many concussion grenades but I've never been killed by someone just soon after being hit, even if I don't move. I feel left out.
  6. TheBlueMagician

Not only did you necro the thread, but you appear to be the ultimate carebear.

You do realize that the first couple of posts effectively answered the question in a tongue-in-cheek manner, right? Basically: yeah, the grenades almost completely disable you. Working as intended.

If you think any of the responses in this thread have been trolling or were offensive...god help you during your stay on the internet. For your sanity, hopefully it will be brief.

Also, concussion grenades don't deal damage. Thus flak armor will not help you against them.
    • Up x 2
  7. Zaik

The secret is not to hole up in a tiny space with open *** doors anyone can throw crap in.

Towers for example. I dunno how many I've killed by tossing a conc grenade inside the point, then dropping two C4 and killing everything inside. If two of them had been out on the sides I'd have never gotten close. You even still count as on the point when out on the sides of the room.
  8. mlane16

Well someone has to remain postive. :) However, yeah the only reason I said flak armor is that it does protect from certain armor rounds and mines so I thought since the grenades were a consumable like mines that would have to follow the same rules.
    P.S. I am totally adding your comment to my sig ^_-
  9. Incinerage

If they go through walls, do they go through shield rooms

Like the teleporter rooms in the biolabs?
  10. TheBlueMagician

Never tested it, but I would hazard a guess and say yes. I think blind grenades work through them, as well, but again - never tested it.
  11. CaligoIllioneus

There's no counter to MEDUSA MAGIC
    • Up x 1
  12. TeknoBug

Conc grenades are very annoying, just go crazy with mines or grenades if you got any. At least you can counter flash nades, HSNV still works while flashed and when you turn your back on a flash bang the effect is only half.
  13. PaperPlanes

Conc grenades are designed for CQC room clearing, that is why they explode on contact instead of bouncing. The fact more people don't use them regularly is why this game is often such a meat grinder snoozefest.
  14. CrashB111

Conc the MAX, and then Decimator it to the face.
    • Up x 1
  15. furballhero

Step 1: Go into fetal position
    Step 2: Suck on your thumb
    Step 3: Wimper
    • Up x 1
  16. Zaik

Boom your a statue!!
  17. Bill Hicks

Think about it:

if it was a regular HE grenade you would simply be dead. If it is a concussion grenade you still have a chance. Alot of times, when I throw a conc grenade, I cannot even capitalize on it. Often times when I go in for the kill, I get killed myself.
  18. Raton

Got hit by those in 2 situations as far as i remember :

- First, was in a middle of a room and didn't see were the enemy came from, got killed, and that was well done from him.

- Second time, ACU shield gen in a biolad, saw the heavy the moment i take the 'nade in the face ( was playing Inge with a shotgun ) make it to cover while " blurred out " and trying to keep my aim in general direction of the attack, strafing, beheaded him and his heavy mate before being killed by a 3rd guy who wasn't on my screen while being " stoned ".

If you can make it to cover , they will want to exploit the advantage, and rush you. Make that rush a retaliation window, they don't really expect it. And cover also mean time for a friendly to show up and help you.

In fact the only defense is luck / awareness and balls, at least for me x)
  19. TheRev

Use these with my Em6 extended mag setup in bio labs. Room full of "stoned" enemies plus a 200 round mag is bliss.
  20. Sifer2

Not really. Flak armor can really negate most of a standard grenades damage unless you stand right on top of it as it blows. And if your HA it's a great time to pop the bonus shield then you take like no real damage at all.

Anyway since were talking alternate grenades. EMP grenades are surprisingly effective just because most people are confused as hell when their HUD disappears. Myself included even when I know what causes it. It's just so random an rare to get hit by one it's hard to adapt to.