What to do next...

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Seal_Team, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Seal_Team

So I have been playing for about 2 months and play nothing but infiltrator. I have unlocked the Longshot, Rebel, Stalker, and the Gauss SPR. I have certed the first level of bouncing betties, two levels of hunter cloaking and nano weave armor, and two restoration kits. I also have camos for all my weapons and suits. So this is where I am stuck, I have another 1445 station cash and adopt know where to go with it. Do I just buy the boosts or do I deck out my reaver or other vehicle. Also what should I cert out next.

Thanks for your help.
    Seal_Team
  2. CraftKing

Try getting semi-auto sniper rifle or a scout rifle (either of the two SR) or get an SMG for better performance in CQC.

Or get a lock-on rocket launchers/C4/AT mines for tanks and aircraft (obviously this is for the other class to use), or get weapons for your sundy since infiltrators usually get sundy for teamplays in enemy territories.

Or just get all available weapons for your Infiltrator.

Cert out next? Max out your infiltrator. Maybe your suit, utility, etc (the order depends on your current need).

Maybe cert your sundy as well and your flash.

Aircraft while using infiltrator class? ehmm, im not sure but go if you want.
  3. IntergalacticYoghurt

Grab the new Blitz GD-10 SMG. Throw advanced laser, soft point and silencer on it.
    Enjoy the game from an entirely different perspective using your same chosen class.
  4. Mustarde

Definitely get both proxy mines.

I hit a similar point you did a month or two ago, and started going back to max out certain abilities... Cloak, darts, suit slots, hacking... Then I stopped buying weapons with SC and just used certs to buy the rest of the weapons.

I agree with the above comment, the SMGs are a lot of fun - I found that emp grenades pair nicely with SMGs.

I also started using medkits recently over the claymores, and am a huge fan of them (probably because I don't have Bettie's to drop)

The parachute cert (500 certs) for the ESF is great for dropping behind lines.

Hope this helps you find more ways to enjoy the class!
  5. klor

For weaponry I recommend SMG's, they're great. Trial them both and to see which you prefer, I know a lot of people love the Blitz but I like the Cyclone better. I don't regret unlocking both of them. The Impetus is a good general use weapon, it doesn't excel in any particular situation, it can be certed with close to mid range scopes. It's a good middle ground between bolt action and SMG, in my opinion it does the job of "scout rifle" better than the weapons which have officially been given that label. Trial that one also.

If your looking for cosmetics you can probably get the most bang for your buck with desert/india/indar scrub infantry camo. These are good for Indar which seems to be the most popular continent recently. If you find yourself on Amerish or Esamir the most then go for one that blends well there.

Certing Infiltrator is a bit tricky since there are two distinct very different play styles, sniper and close quarters hacker.

The cloak slot is the only easy choice, hunter is best for both. Nano armor is an option for CQC but the trade-off to regen time makes it hard to get where you need to be for it to be effective.

The suit slot is a bit more complicated. I use nanoweave 5, for close quarters this is your best bet. Keep in mind that Infil has 100 less shields than every other class. So with nanoweave 4 you have the same hp+shields that everyone else starts with and level 5 you are equal to any other class with nanoweave 1. All the automatic weapons are based around killing someone who has 1000 hp (default) so in order to survive one extra bullet you need nanoweave 5 which will give you 625 hp + 400 shields for a total of 1025.

For a dedicated sniper the ammo belt is probably the most useful. If you find yourself frequently waiting for shield recharge or constantly dying to explosives then look into shield capacitor or flak for more survivability. Lastly the Grenade bandolier is the least useful, it can be fun but it's quite situational and costly in infantry resources.

For utility, if you like one bouncing betty then you'll love two. Cant go wrong here... great for both sniping and CQC. You can set them up around your sniping position or objectives. Resto kits are great too, I use them instead of mines for CQC. Something I do is hacking an infantry terminal, setting up mines and then switching back to resto kits. The mines stay deployed while you have your resto equiped. The catch is that you can only put down as many as you have certed so if you only have one certed then when put down a second one the first will disappear.

Hacking speed is great, you're vulnerable while you do it so reducing that time is important. This is more of a CQC cert so if you like sniping this isn't as important. When you are hacking an object you can perform any action except moving away from what you are hacking. As long as you are holding "e" you can turn around, crouch, reload and shoot. Even if you cant see the progress indicator you will know it's done when you get the exp.

IFF device... this can be useful but I don't use it as much as I should, I only have two levels certed. I would cert this last.

I cannot recommend decoy grenades or EMP as I do not have them, maybe sometime in the future but I don't see the need.

TL;DR Buy SMG, cert mines, cert hunter cloak
  6. AmitGr

Cert flash scout radar
    An infi that knows where the surrounding enemies are, is a good infi.

25m (1st cert) is a bit too short, I certed it to lvl3 (75m) and I find it very useful.
  7. GSZenith

Get flash maphack lvl3.
    Get CQC bolt action.