Just Got 500 certs

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BH Brigade, Feb 28, 2013.

1. BH Brigade

I just got 500 certs saved up (not my first 500 of course :D) and I mainly play LA, and I fly a reaver often.

I was wondering if I shoud buy the Gauss S (I think) with certs, so I could get a noob tube, I heard they're really good in biolab fights, also grenade launcher grenades don't cost resources do they?

Second option is to buy the second brick of C4 for my LA, as I can't kill tanks alone with only one.

Third option is to buy air to air missiles for my Reaver, it's too damn slow that I often can't chase down enemies, so I feel the missiles would alleviate this.

Thoughts? And thanks!
  2. Shurrikken

If you really play LA most of the time...get the C4x2, it will make you a happy person :)
    • Up x 1
  3. maxkeiser

C4 fits the light assault role and is a great upgrade. You always need 2 - just like AP mines.
  4. Uzii

Personally, the C4. An LA that can destroy a tank single-handedly is a very good thing to have around, and can get you out of a lot of sticky situations. It's probably the class that gains the most from having 2 bricks of C4.
    • Up x 1
  5. bronadius

C4. With 1 I thought it was blah, but with 2 It's pretty sick. The under barrel grenade has had it range reduced big time and is kinda crappy now.
  6. Raap

Go for C4. It allows you to take out tanks and another MAX. Just don't bother wasting them on undamaged Sunderers unless you have a grenade launcher to finish it off or something.

No comment on the ESF unlocks, I don't fly one.
  7. DJPenguin

LA vs Reaver is up to you obviously but my recommendation for LA.. stick with the mercenary. after getting auraxium medals with an smg and 2 other carbines i finally went back to the mercenary, without a single cert put into it at the time and got another auraxium medal.. it's become my favorite for medium-long range combat and can still give a good accord of itself when burst firing from the hip regardless of laser sight attachment. That said, second C4 is a must.
  8. Hael

Second brick is an absolute must.

When you get the chance, though, get the Gauss S later, not because they're good in biolab fights, but because they do damage to sunderers. 2 bricks of C4 will bring a sunderer into a burning "damaged" state but it can still be repaired. 2 bricks of C4 and 2 noob tube shots will finish it off, and you can aim at the engineer trying to repair it as well to double-up on damage. My personal favorite trick is to lay the c4 down, back up, and set the C4 off with a tube shot. It gives the engineer VERY little time to attempt a repair and if the sundy is damaged at all you'll instagib it.
  9. Leo Di Caprio

Warning:

DO NOT INVEST IN A REAVER.

You have been warned.
  10. KraggTheGrim

I like my Compact S with Noobtube. Its great for clearing out high concentrations of enemies. We all know that people love to cluster around the limited cover in some areas, if you use it with an engineer you can start rolling in the kills and assists. After a while though your exp is going to start to drop off though as you are just going to be splash killing all the people who keep accepting the medic revives ;).

I have no comments for the air to air as i don't use air at all (I'm horrible at it).

C4 could also be good to go with, but with the limited infantry supply, but you will always have noobtube grenades available :D
  11. DJPenguin

unless of course you have alpha squad and/or membership in which case resources mean jack in this game.
  12. RF404

Get the C4. It opens up a whole new world of possibilities for the light assault.

Noobtube is overestimated and the Gauss S (as a gun) is pretty crappy. If you want to hunt aircraft I find that the reaver is more deadly if you mount the external fuel tanks and learn to aim with the main gun.
  13. Kujo

Get the 2nd brick of C4.

Also, don't invest in the grenade launcher. They're too unreliable and the gun itself is mediocre. For a weapon as NC LA, get either a GD-7F Carbine, a Blitz SMG, or a shotgun of your choosing.
  14. Ralyks

I hear the grenade launcher is a bit rubbish (doesn't launch very well, huge drop, and needs to be a certain distance for the grenades to actually explode) but I haven't used it so I can't speak from experience. What I have used however, is the underbarrel shotgun and I can say from experience that the thing is great. One shot kill in CQC and the most satisfying feeling ever when you instagib someone's face into the ground. Switching to shotgun mode before entering a building or turning a corner will save your life and score you a kill. The reload isn't bad, you get 4 shots in your ammo pool (ammo packs resupply it), and switching between normal mode and shotgun mode is fast making it good for finishing off someome when your clip runs dry
  15. BalogDerStout

If your problem in A2A battles is being able to close on your target then don't expect A2A missles to help much. The default range is about 50 meters, so you have to be pretty close to get a lock and be able to hold them in the crosshair till you can fire. You can upgrade the range, but it's going to cost more certs. Also every aircraft runs decoy flares, so there's a chance the first shot is to pop the flares and it's going to take 2-3 follow up shots to down the enemy. You really have to be able to land a few shots with the nose gun, or find someone who's already smoking. They're still damn useful, but not going to earn you certs like a 2nd brick of C4 will.

On a related note, pilots also have a tendency to bail out or decon their vehicle, so if your goal is to get more certs don't expect to be earning them back with A2A missiles, they're really more of a service to the team.

Of the things you've listed the 2nd block of C4 I would say is pretty much a mandatory investment for LA. The other options come down to preference, but LA was basically designed to deliver C4 to targets as well as infiltrate bases to down generators, so more C4 is always good.

No opinion on getting guns just for underbarrel launchers, never used em.
  16. draiocht

Best to only do this when you can't afford the couple seconds delay between explosives. It's sometimes better to take your time when the sunderer is undefended: the grenade (or rocket, etc) can actually knock C4 off the sunderer, which may then fall through the ground to the useless area below the map.

Not so bad if somebody can provide backup explosives. Otherwise, the potential annoyance should be obvious....

edit: btw, yes, C4 is the most worthwhile, versatile choice between those 3 options.
  17. Izriul

Do you really have a problem spending RL cash on this game? Honestly, how long does it take to earn 10 bucks compared to 500 certs? Once you've equiped yourself nicely you can end up getting 500 certs in a couple days.

If you really don't wish to spend RL cash on it, well, I'd strongly advise against buying weapons, but that's just me. C4 is nice but I don't know, it costs a lot of resources so while fun, it isn't so efficient at certs per hour. Fun is more important though.
  18. quicKsanD

Get 2 c4, killing a tank by yourself is so rewarding.
  19. Kaindestroi

c4.
    but the Gauss S is allot of bang for the buck to since it unlocks for the engineer class aswell.
    and if you get on a good elevated spot whit a ammo pack and a noob tube.
    well i think you can picture it ;)
  20. Compass

I can think of a variety of things I can do with 2 bricks of C4.