Leaving Woodman - Target Miller

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Nariquo, Feb 27, 2013.

1. UnderMotion

Guys, what are you doing? Guys?... Guys, where's everyone going? Don't leave me alone here... Guys? :(
  2. Bloodmyth

Welcome to Miller, it's certainly not unfriendly in chat, on the battlefield maybe ;)
  3. MrEclectic

Amerish is an interesting map. Unlike Indar or Esamir, which kind of funnel everyone towards the center of the map, each faction has to choose between two vectors of attack towards the other two's WG. I think this makes it zerg unfriendly, as it demands some forethought in routes, transportation and logistics. Also the tech plants are ideally placed, and it is a continent for Galaxies to shine.

In Miller it is kind of a strange continent. While before the updates Miller's population was fairly balanced, now the VS are underpopulated, very rarely reaching 30% overall, and usually hovering at 27-28%. So it is Indar, and then the VS organised outfits go either for Esamir or Amerish, with a preference to the second. When that happens, usually we fill up the continental quota, and cap Amerish, with resistance mainly from the TR (in such cases pop looks something like 50-60% VS, 30-40% TR, 10-20% NC). After we do, we leave, and the TR recap it.
  4. Twido

I made the switch to Miller in January; best desicion ever!
  5. MrEclectic

Concerning outfits, Miller is a balanced server. There isn't one mega-outfit to dominate its faction, although there are several large ones in each one. The remarkable thing, and what makes Miller special, at least to me, is that the outfits put significant effort in coordinating and helping each other. Also, even smaller outfits have a role and purpose, as they provide vital reconnaissance, support, flanking or deep penetration action, air support, etc. So, get yourself in leaderchat when moving here, and people will be eager to work with you.
    • Up x 2
  6. cptblobs

Went on Esamir and Amerish last night to check them out and ....ghost towns,oh yeah im from woodman and sick off indar ,maybe a time for knocking on the door at Miller.

We have events nights were all the outfits cap the two (Esamir and Amerish) in about 3 hours.

Maybe in the future when all six conts are out we maybe just one big server who knows by this rate.
  7. IMTasty

That's actually one of the thing I like about Amerish, that you have more choices to make as to where to go, despite having less bases than lets say Indar who has a million mini bases everywhere. Amerish also got some of the best bases imo, for example I love Splitpeak, you can have dynamic fights inside the base that can go on for a while due to the layout. I think it's one of the larger "small" bases in the game.

Indeed, from what I know it's on all factions as well. Would also like to add that there's a good atmosphere on Miller between factions and outfits. I mean don't get me wrong VS are still heretical spandex alien loving supremacists and the NC are all corporate slaves who wold sell their own family for discount price, but we all still get together nicely as we grind them under the steel boot of the Terran Republic. :D
    • Up x 1
  8. MrEclectic

Splitpeak is one of my favourites as well. And it has its dirty little secrets :p

If someone pays attention to the overall map of Amerish, and not just the immediate vicinity of bases, they can be amazed by the thought that went into designing the layout of the land. We should hold more Amerish days.

And I like Shadespire Farm as well. That field in the middle always cracks me up!
  9. maxkeiser

Farming is not a laughing matter. It's vital. You just have to watch out for the rocketpods and prowlers.
    • Up x 2
  10. DeliciousDonut

SOE won't merge Woodman into Miller? OK. We'll do it on our own.
  11. MrEclectic

So that's why you NC love those biolabs. It's not for your ScatMAX's, it's for the cabbages on the shelves :p
  12. JonboyX

I really hope they don't. Miller is busy enough right now thanks and can barely handle the fights it has (and often doesn't....). Selfish? Maybe... but only because when it gets busy, fights become slide shows.
  13. Brohak

Please, Woodman people, do come and join Miller so we can fill Esamir and Amerish more consistently.

But that only happens when fighting around the Crown, TI Alloys, Crossroads, etc. If you fight anywhere else on Indar it gets better, and issues such as unlimited fuel/cloak/amour or resupply/repair taking forever completely disappear if you go to Esamir or Amerish. If we get more people, we could get bigger fights in Esamir/Amerish without them becoming the clusterfuks that they are on Indar. And if we get that, people that fight around the Crown for the sole reason that it's where the good fights are will be pleased to be able to fight in other places. The rest will stay there, but who cares if the Crown is busy if the rest of the map/continents are too ?
    • Up x 2
  14. KingSnuggler

Anyone know once the server tokens go to the Depot will there be a mass VS move to any certain server? The VS population on Connery is almost nonexistant and the VS that does play is always playing Indarside. Ill be looking for a new server hope some other VS speak up about what their going to do once character transfers go live.
  15. Xasapis

VS on Miller, while less numerous than before, are still extremely strong. Is there any other server that kept Indar purple from CU2 to CU3?
  16. schwarzklang

Vs on Miller was strong yesterday. 34% on Indar.
  17. Weirdkitten

Welcome to Miller, best server and best community in PS2 :)
  18. maxkeiser

Inclined to agree, although I think the community and outfits on Woodman are excellent as well. Hopefully most Woodman people will join Miller and then we will have the best of both worlds.
  19. Weirdkitten

Any outfits migrating might want to check out their respective factions inter-outfit alliances, not sure what they're called for TR/VS, for NC the NCTO is the place to be.
  20. Fried

Also making the move from Woodman to Miller, was waiting for the server transfer to come in as have alot of time (and sc) in my VS but think I will make a new character on Miller today, VS ofcourse :) and just wait until I can bring my main over