Game breaking (literally) exploit

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by velourfog, Feb 7, 2013.

1. onemancrewbtf

It might be related to game engine crashing due to extensive script usage by cheaters, who knows what code they inject into our clients. It may be unstable as hell, so in a side result we get memory leaks.
  2. Meh.

I never seen a tank jump lol it's like he exploit the tank to act as a player and use a lag switcher or w/e. That was a very questionable video because I seen people lag and glitch but never jump in a tank.
  3. Galhans

... That explains why (when repairing) I have to hold on target for 2-3 seconds before the repairs start! :eek:
    It makes sense now. I'll see if there's anything I can do to relax the load on my cores.. Will probably de-overclock and see what that does.
  4. Miggs

That's just supposition on my part, I don't know if that's what is actually happening, it's merely a suggestion as to why these things MIGHT be happening.
  5. TomoB

They seem to have done something to make repairing more annoying as if it wasn't that before, now I can't even repair stationary sunderer while I'm moving and dodging bullets because my repair tool loses lock.
  6. JaL

Game shouldn't "desync because your CPU frequency is unstable". It doesn't work like that.

If this asus EPU thing has an influence on PS2, it's more likely that it's causing an issue with your networks adapter, making it drop (outbound) packages.

PS2 is way too lenient with package drops.
  7. Miggs

Well, I can turn on Turbo mode in different software (that only alters BCLK on my system and nothing else) to see this happening, and numerous other guys have seen the artefact be at least delayed when they do other alterations that concern removing dynamic CPU clock speed changes only.

Even the devs are puzzled by this, it sounds really weird that something like BCLK changes can have such an effect, but it is reproducable by many experiencing the problem, both it's appearance and the ability to delay its appearance.

Some guys have seen no difference whatever they do.

It doesn't appear to be anything to do with network adapters.
  8. Aparition

I've been reading through all the threads on this. What I think could be the issue, and has been mentioned in those threads, is that PS2 in an attempt to allow any system to run the game work as intended is reading the Hardware either on a software level, windows registry, or hardware level = BIOS. One of these two is working incorrectly or being flawed by software.

So your BIOS says X and the software makes is Y. PS2 is still seeing X and sending data at an expected level.
    Or that it could have something to do, still with system info, but the CPU is letting cores sleep and the game is sending data to those cores. Cores might only be working at idle state instead of full load and it is just making everything screwy.