Weekly sale bundles

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MadGelo, Feb 27, 2013.

1. MadGelo

would be nice if price of what you already have was retracted when you purchase a bundle.
    • Up x 11
  2. xKstreetx

3. MrLee.NO

Agree.
    I know they would have gotten at least some more sales from me that way.
    • Up x 4
  4. philux

Brilliant Idea, OP!
    I, and presumably many others would buy more bundles if that would be the case.
  5. KraggTheGrim

That would be cool
  6. TrenchDigger

wouldn't really be a bundle then now would it?. The idea is to get people who do not have those items to buy them together saving them so money. This is not Burger King and you can't have it your way.
  7. Chipskream

Oh wow, wonder how long it took you to make up that smug phrase.

Anyway, if you have 1 or 2 things from the 2k cert-bundles already, its still a good deal most of the time.
  8. Haterade

You should get a discount if there are items you already own in the bundle.

lol. Nope. The idea is to persuade people to spend more money because you're discounting things. It's also why they do bonus SC events, gift card freebies, daily sales, and the other promotions they run. The point is to get us to spend more money. The current environment discourages this because of two things: 1.) People don't want to feel like they're pay for something again; and 2.) The sale isn't as good for someone who already owns an item in the package.

SOE is shooting itself in the foot because they are discouraging people who already own either flare or weapons included in a bundle from buying that bundle. These people have already proven themselves to be the ones who actually spend money on this game (flair is necessarily bought with station cash, and weapons are usually bought with station cash because of disincentives to buy them with certs). You want to encourage paying players to pay more, not pass on bundles that are otherwise desirable because they already own something in it.
    • Up x 1