Draw a vehicle you would like to see in the game.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Cpu46, Feb 26, 2013.

1. Cpu46

Just like the title says. It's time to draw. More specifically draw something you would like to drive/fly in game. This is for fun and no other reason so your drawings skills are not important and it doesn't need to be hand drawn. If you use paint, photoshop, or some other means to make a picture then go ahead. Just please don't copy and paste from another source.
    You also don't need to explain the vehicle's abilities or stats if you don't want to. I will because I find it fun.

My submission: The Turtle Tank
    [IMG]

The Turtle Tank is slow, only able to match a sprinting infantryman. A and D keys rotate the tanks while the mouse moves its "head" and the attached Basilisk cannons around. Takes over a minute to turn the behemoth 180 degrees. It's main cannon takes 30 seconds to revolve 180 degrees and takes a full minute to fully reload. It has a ton of hit points and its heavy armor (stronger than a vanguards front) can take a beating, weakest in its lower rear armor as well as the underside (equatable to a lightnings front armor). Successfully hitting its well protected leg joints can lock it up for a few seconds. Only spawnable from the Warpgate or Tech Plants. It costs 5250 mechanized resources that can be deposited over time.

Faction: Common Pool
    Cost: 5250 mechnized resources
    Cooldown: not really needed since the resource cost is a cooldown on its own
    Seats: 1 driver/ Bailisk chin gunner (elivation angles +20/-15 vertical, total of 40 degrees horizontal)
    2 AI side mounted guns
    1 AA rear mounted gun
    1 Main cannon ( vertical elevation angles of -10 degrees and +30 degrees across all 3 variants)
    [NC] A massive railgun that launches a single projectile that reaches long range targets almost instantaneously. It is the only cannon of the three that can zoom (3-4x) and has near pinpoint accuracy. However it requires a charge up of 4-6 seconds that causes the gun to lock down and become unable to move.
    Left click: Hold to charge (release to fire when fully charged)
    Right click: Zoom
    [TR] A twin barreled cannon (shown in picture). Each barrel reloads individually after firing. Each round does ~60% damage when compared to the NC projectile but has a far larger cone of fire and increased bullet gravity making landing both shots on the same target much harder at the same range.
    Left click: Top barrel
    Right click: Bottom barrel
    [VS] A massive plasma beam generator that does more damage the longer it paints the target. It doesn't need to be reloaded, instead the gun needs to vent built up heat. Causing it to fully overheat makes the gun auto vent until completely cooled however venting before that point can be interrupted to allow firing.
    Left click: Fire (hold)
    Right click: Vent

Your turn!
    • Up x 8
  2. Ramaans

[IMG]
    • Up x 14
  3. Dusty El Lion

Drew this up in MS paint real fast, think it'd be a killer addition

[IMG]

For the record, the guy who drew it is the same guy who did my sig. All credit goes to him before the global artist hammer legion burns down my house.

Legacy350
    • Up x 5
  4. Hael

Give me a GitS Tachikoma:
    [IMG]
    Just make it a max suit with high mobility and twin carbines or something. It can have less health too if it matters.

Also, give the NC an OS grappler ship. The reaver is ridiculous already. Might as well have an axe too
    [IMG]
    • Up x 4
  5. GraphicJ

Posted here but pasted here as well..

http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/self-made-tr-tank-concept-idea.98544/

---------

Description:

Special Ability:
    1) Made for Tank vs Tank battle, it rams vehicles causing considerable damage.(At least 60% damage on it's first full ram.
    2) An EMP wave that disables it's vehicles for about ten seconds and disorients infantry as a stun grenade can.

It's weakness:
    1) EMP wave takes a while to recharge... sort of like the Vanguard's shield recharging time,
    2) It doesn't have Turret
    3) Spash damage is minimal against infantry compared to the Prowler
    4) It's mostly a Close Quarter vehicle.

[IMG]

Yeah I know it resembles the Magrider but it does not hover nor have the Turbo boosts that Magrider has. Wheels are hidden under it.

or...Not a vehicle... just a device for "Commander mode"? :D
    • Up x 7
  6. Onetoo

Note: 'SirCrazed12" is the creator of this picture; I am just re-posting it because I think he did a great job and it fits the theme of this thread.

This game needs more things to make each of the three factions feel unique and these changes would be a great step in the right direction:
    [IMG]

@GraphicJ: I think the Prowler is the best looking tank in PS2. There is nothing wrong with the one you posted a picture of, but I'm very fond of the current version.
    • Up x 48
  7. Lord Robert

Needs more guns.
  8. Hael

"Bull" is great given the description of the vehicle. Clearly someone has a bias >.>
  9. DJPenguin

+1
    • Up x 13
  10. Ash87

Bias? Thing looks like a pig.
  11. Agent 47

this one might fit into this game, except it doesn't need the ability to be able to transform into an aircraft
    [IMG]

would cost about 400 - 500 vehicle resource, moves around like a crab, easily climb hills and stuff for maps like amerish
    • Up x 6
  12. Trucky

This is actually well done. I would even start driving one of those beatiful bikes.
    +1
    • Up x 1
  13. Colt556

Someone else did some 3d renders of faction specific flashes. Vanu got a hoverbike as usual, TR got a motorcycle, NC kept the quad. I think that fits better than the TR having the quad and the NC having that... thing...
  14. ICOYAR

Using my AMAZING MS Paint Skills, and all of 23 seconds to think of something that will drastically benefit gameplay, I present to you:

[IMG]

THE TOILETMOBILE!
    • Up x 24
  15. Wintermaulz

[IMG]
    TR should get this beast.
    • Up x 4
  16. GraphicJ

Very good drawings. More so SOE gets and idea or two ;)
    • Up x 1
  17. GhostAvatar

I would rather see the TR tank changed into something like the below image.

[IMG]
    • Up x 16
  18. GraphicJ

Sorry, meant to say it was unique and wouldn't replace the Prowler, just if PS2 ever decided to add different tanks...heh who knows. Maybe something in between the Light tanks and MBTs.
  19. GhostAvatar

Saw that and started to sing
    Spider Tank!
    Spider Tank!
    Does whatever a spider tanks does!
    Does he swing from a web?
    No he can't
    He's a tank!
    Lookout!
    Here comes spider tank!!
    • Up x 7
  20. Vikarius

Cyclone please!
    [IMG]

[IMG]

=====
    A. Transforms between motorcycle and troop form
    B. Size of a MAX but only 500 health 700 shields (or armor)
    C. Run speed similar to LA with run speed cert
    D. Certable strafe boost (short and instant dodge burst in direction player is moving) for troop form, 10s cd
    E. Certable turbo boost for cycle form
    F. Can hold an AR in right hand and MAX weapon equipped in left, both can ADS but only 1 can be active
    G. Certable blocks for faster weapon switching (activate/deactivate)
    H. Certable extended mag for AR, and scopes
    I. 10m cooldown, normal certed reduction
    J. Certable Nanoweave, Flak, Shield regen, and stealth
    • Up x 1