We need more fights - not sitting on point A, B ...D

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by KariH, Feb 25, 2013.

1. KariH

What we need is more fights! I do not like game where I am harvesting points just sitting on point A. Massive batles with equal forces. Batles where I die, You die and everybody else die.

I am BR 42 with no boost anykind so I have experience and opinnion what batles should be.

The Crown s****ks but .... it is only point where I can get eternal batle going on 24 hours per day. When I say Crown I also mean Ti Alloys where I have experienced wonderful delight batles. Time to time hydroponicks also have some good batles. Also rarely some biolabs has also good batles.

What I mean good batle is not winning - or losing. I mean we all have a fun!

Where is epic tank batles? More than 50 tanks clashing and killing and wearing each others forces to nill.

My major point is - Do we have too large maps and not enough population? There exists no good frontlines. I can even drive from one warpgate to another without find any opposition.
    • Up x 1
  2. ShockATC

maybe your server is not well populated..
    but you already said whats wrong with this game: Frontlines. there is none...
    you can go everywhere just everytime you want to... and this is bad in my opinion. we need the lattice system
  3. RedPsycho

We don't need the lattice system. What would help is reducing the number of Hexes. Instead of making every outpost have it's own Hex make more hexes resemble Tech Plants, Bio Labs and Amp Stations.

Say you add 3 bases together creating one large Hex, not only can you make it so A can be at one base, B at another and C at a third location now you can actually deploy different Squads to hold A, B, and C but keep the spread enough apart that gives enemies a chance to get one of the areas back... meh dunno if that would actually help or not, but it seems to be a better layout in my head. ha
  4. Phyr

Some different base capture types would be cool. Right now every base is basically a small conquest/domination map. Plus you can capture a 3 point base by holding 2/2 on 1 point as long as the enemy have 0/2 on their points.
  5. De_Dominator

Simply because they changed the map layout in PS2. PS1 the maps are less square-like and the facilities are more linearly laid-- so that you have a definite direction to attack. In PS2, its like a, figuratively speaking, a giant chess board, where you can always dodge the main enemy crowd and bully the small groups left who are actually trying to defend their facilities instead of abandoning them completely.

Until they change the map layout, there will not be many head-to-head confrontations.
  6. De_Dominator

Lattice system was really good--it gives you a definite direction in which you can go (but not restricted to only one, i mean 1 or 2, which is enough to choose from) and assault the enemy. That way, there will be less "circumvention" and more "confrontation"
  7. Harbinger

SOE, y u no learn from PS1 and put in lattice system? ;_;
  8. RedPsycho

The problem about the lattice system wasn't direction, but it made game play very focused. It didn't allow for any deviation from the set path, the couple of times you had a choice really didn't matter that much since that choice didn't change the end result. In theory the Hex system gives direction as well, but the difference being with Hex you have choices in where you can go next. Which is why I think the problem doesn't exactly begin with the Hex system, but more of the amount of hexes there are. Indar is a good example. In terms of Hexes vs Esamir and Amerish, Indar has a lot more.
  9. Zinus

Imo, they should remove the whole sit on point thing and just make it so you either have the point or you don't.
    That way you would still need to defend it, but no-one would be forced to sit in a small room and watch how the progress bar ticks away :/

The capture time of points should be adjusted to be slightly longer ofc.

Well that's my vanilla quick fix idea.

edit: well i should add that the base would still be captured like now, the only difference would be that nobody needs to sit on points and they would act as 6/6 points instead.

Also maybe it wouldn't be bad if a faction gets all points the base starts to cap much faster. Big bases with one point would have to get more points though and this wouldn't apply to small bases (but they cap fast enough as is so it isn't a problem)
  10. Phyr

Esamir is a great place for large scale battles simply because of how few bases there are. However, bases aren't exactly "large scale battles" friendly since defense is much harder in most situations.
  11. KariH

More population per server -> LAG
    Smaler maps ->too specific and very soon boring

Basic problem is how we can collide two or three equal forces and stay that batle? IMHO platoonleaders soon give up if effort is too much and too long lasting. Perhaps they feel incompetent when loosing? Also platoon easily disolved if batles goes first bad. And worst of all .... most batles is only running mostly around sunder. If sunder is gone then batle changes to other areas. Platoon just re-organize somewhere els and no big collisons any more. Beacons are ok but most canot so quickly respawn. Smaler base spawnrooms are perhaps too far away?

Still I prefer epic batles even if I am loosing but also has some chance to fight back. Platoons and Outfits make it important how I (individual soldier)look like and how efficiently I am (individual soldier) fighting but if biggest motive is just have a fun? These two facts does not fit under same rule?

And why FFFFFF all statistics are concentrated K/D ratio? Where is revivings and repairings and ammo suplies? I just checked my statistics and it tels me that my medic profile makes best exp per minute.

Should we make some campaings where all factons just fight around some minor base which is easilly captured and rather insignificant? Not much to lose or win but have a fun?
  12. De_Dominator

I am not sure if having fewer hexes will solve the issue. Now there are indeed so many hexes that I almost always have no idea where to go to next, and neither do the enemies, so people spread out and go in different directions, resulting in unfocused (sporadical and scattered) sub-battles.
  13. TheBloodEagle

Sure if you go ghost capping out in the middle of no where it's super boring. But holding those points (A B C) and fighting for them are part of PS2. But I guess it's clear from even other threads complaining about it that something like this would of been better. You go forward or backward. Simple. You funnel it all.

[IMG]

(note: missing 3rd warpgate; just illustrating a point...)
  14. Gavyne

Standing around does get tiring. That wait for a facility to cap, you know you've got it, but you know it's still going to take awhile for the bar to move. I usually just go afk right about that time. Games like DAOC, WAR, etc.. you flip a castle once you've killed the last Lord. There's always a last stand where defenders could do everything they can to fend off the attackers. Once they lose that last stand, they lose it all.

We don't have that here, we got attackers camping the spawn rooms, defenders having absolutely no last stand at all anywhere during defense, and there's just a lot of boring downtime waiting for a facility to cap. The lack of a last stand and an objective to flip is what drags this out longer than needed.
  15. aedn

We do not need more big battles, we need incentives for players to actually do something other then join the zerg, and some tools to create more widespread battles over a larger area. The problem with ps2 is that there is no reason for anyone to do anything else but zerg which just reinforces the current state of combat in ps2. Players go where the enemy is because its all about cert farming, and ignore everything else.

Its not all that hard to create some minor incentives for players to actually contest a small hex, next to a major base because it has value for both sides.

Ps2 at the present time is a sandbox with sand, but lacks shovels, pails, water and all the other tools needed to make it work
  16. Bruhja

This is a situation of broken base design and capture mechanics or at least a lack of subteranian base design. in PS1 bases has just as much if not more layou underneath than they did on the topside there were only 3 entrances to a base ALL SEALED WITH A DOOR that had to have the lock curcumvented with a remote electronics kit (REK) a peice of equipment you had to carry with you. The door would breach and the action would REALLY! start. when you breached into the base you would then get to the cap point, through intense battle and again have to hack it with a REK(all classes could hack not just infiltrator) it would take 15 minutes for the base to flip with intense action the whole time. Really quite exciting compaired to PS2.

Now that i look back PS2 is really quite borring, but hey it sure has nice grafix.
  17. Kumaro

Hm we need hex bottlenecks, Pillboxes (real bad *** bunkers would be nice to) Some high-tech bad *** ******* fortresses. Just like the good old Unreal tournament games had it. There where a few places you could approach from to get to the objective but not to many. Just enough to strain the defences. Lots of different objectives to approach and so on

(btw The crown and Ti Alloys are not epic fights it's cluster fu-ck orige till something breaks -w-)
  18. VoidMagic

Meh... Latice is over-rated. Hex is fine.

Big battles still happen but, they aren't REQUIRED. Makes thing more organic and it makes the big battles more memorable and exciting.

If everything was always a huge Zerg Carnival... It wouldn't have the same OMFG that fight was awesome breathless end to it.
    • Up x 1