Advanced Shield or Nanoweave Armor

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by travbrad, Feb 26, 2013.

1. Jurav

I use Nanoweave on my HA and LA. Maxxed on both. This allows me to take an addition 2-3 rounds depending on what weapon the enemy is using. Contrary to some claims here, 2-3 rounds is alot of damage reduction. NW also helps with proxy mines and C4. Not to the degree of Flak armor but enough to keep me alive.

If I am charging into the thick of things where there are enemy sunderers and tanks, I run with 2-C4's, but if I plan to be sneaky and pick people off from a distance, I run with 2-Medkits.

As and Engineer or a Medic, I use Flak armor since most of the damage I take on those are from tanks, turrets, or air.

I dont play Infiltrator much, I find it kind of boring, so I cannot say what is best there, but from what my outfit mates say, they like to run with extra ammo.
  2. anaverageguy

All the suit certifications have significant advantages, none necessarily better or worse overall.

Flak is best when expecting explosives, as it greatly reduces such damage. Doesnt help when bulles fly instead though. It's great for players confident in their ability win in a gunfight since bullets will often be necessary to take them down.

Nanoweave is best when expecting slow rof, heavy hits. It's the only thing in the game that allows infantry a survive a boltaction sr headshot from rank 3 and up.

Shield capacitor is very well suited to hit-and-run style play where the player doesnt count on duking it out in a firefight. It also synergizes well with the HA resist shield, which is most effective when the personal shield is available
  3. NC_agent00kevin

Heavy Assault:

Advanced Shield Capacitor. I have two health kits too, so I can get back in the fight much quicker. The ACC really helps with people who get the drop on you and you manage to get to cover for a second; aggressive players will charge you knowing you have no shield - but its back quicker than they thought. Couple it with the health kits and it greatly increases his survivability.

Engineer:

Flak Armor. I spend a lot of time repairing vehicles and what kills vehicles? Explosions. That and I charge into the front lines with ammo for the Infantry. The occasion you man your turret is 50/50 though; you can get shot off it or have rockets/tanks shelling you.

Medic:

Nanoweave. With his health regen its a big help. As with the Heavy Assault, it increases his survivability, and you'll need it ressing your buddies on the front line.

Infiltrator:

Nanoweave again. Infiltrator has a little less health to start and this just evens it out. I also carry healthkits when I dont have bouncing betties equipped. As a player who may spend a lot of time behind enemy lines, its a definite boost in your ability to survive.

Light Assault:

This really depends on what Im doing. I have all of them certed, and swap out for the task. Nanoweave if I know Im going to fly in and try to C4 a Sundy, Flak Armor if there are lots of tanks, and occasionally ACC if I plan on a lot of combat without much support. Light Assault is probably the most versatile class for me as I use it to get behind enemy lines with a silenced gun, or destroy sundies/turrets, or just use it in a drawn out battle for the extra mobility.
  4. TheBloodEagle

I keep thinking about ASC but I just feel like max should be 4 or 4.5 seconds or more, not 2.5. Still can't decide what to throw certs into. HA
  5. MrPokealot

Well its one of those questions with no right answer really, particularly since LA, ENGI and HA are great for taking out sundies, so having nanoweave armor could be essential for those times where you really need to blow **** up.