Did you purposely make mines not render so people MUST cert mine guard?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SkepticJerry, Feb 25, 2013.

1. Noxx(ia)

how do you think TR infantry feel about Bouncing Betties and Proxy Mines? Even if we look they don't show up. IRNV or not.
    • Up x 1
  2. iShootCats

You have no idea what you're talking about do you? Did you even read the post? On topic I agree mines ,proxy mines and all that don't even renender sometimes I catch them by surprise when they're still rendered and blow them up but most of the time I can't even see the dam things . Hell I even went as far as to plant a c4 in a generator room blow up my c4, see that I got no explosive kill walk inside boom next thing you know I'm dead to a bouncy betty.
  3. Trinith

You can do all that and you'll still get drop-podded and blown up, I guarantee it.

Anyway, the OP's issue is with rendering. Mine guard or not, you should be able to see them. I find I have the same issues... AT mines and bouncing bettys are always invisible to me. I can see TR mines just fine.
  4. Sowahka

Hate, hate, haaaaaate this. ALL threats should be avoidable of you're careful, if you're looking for mines on the ground you should be able to see them. The idea of Mineguard being a mandatory cert due to invisible mines is just horrible. And last time I was playing it was only 50 resource points more to pull an MBT rather than a lightning. The only time I have a resource point defficiency is if i just pulled a sundy AND MBT and had both blow up immediately.

The idea of the Sundy being the one that doesn't require it is just silly to me. Typically not having Mineguard on an AMS sundy is what gets the "uninstall now" response, not the MBT. Sundies are what are most vulnerable to these engineers, and turrets are often usless since you usually park the thing out of LOS of where the enemies are spawning, if you can shoot the engies that are coming from there then your parked sundy can also be shot by the dozen HAs spawning there.
    • Up x 1
  5. DuckSauce

I've seen and safely detonated AT mines on the road in my tanks on a handful of occasions in the last week or so.

Drive slowly on roads and through choke points and look for mines, or cert mineguard.

I think they don't show up brightly on special sights anymore (I use zoom), but you can
    1.) Use your regular eyes
    2.) Let others go in front of you
    3.) Avoid roads and choke points.
  6. Baleur

They dont even show up on thermal anymore lol.

And people are like "Lul use mineguard then":

But the point is, EVERY other cert is useless then.. This game was supposed to be about choice, not necessity.
    That Nano Auto-repair cert was too powerful so they had to add mineguard. I jest, I jest.
    That's the problem, you can't avoid needing the Mineguard, while the others are useless.
  7. Dusty El Lion

Have the first vehicle in your column max out mineguard then follow it. An AEV (Armored Engineering Vehicle) would be a pretty sweet addition to the game though xD Give that ***** some route clearance. ******* love route clearance.
  8. LabRatTy

When mines are almost guaranteed kills to people who are actively looking for them, they are an element of bad gameplay. Period. And this is why Mineguard feels like a necessity.

Mines don't require many updates from the server, or reduce framerates, so why not draw them at long range? People will still hit them all the time.

Oh, and how about spending several hundred certs on a Flash mineguard that doesn't even save you from one mine? What on earth is that? Why does the rider still take 100% damage?
  9. SkepticJerry

Who's crying? The damn things are NOT rendering. I prefer to use my eyes and save my slot for something more useful than mine guard. Besides, proxy mines aren't rendering on my client either. This isn't about getting blown up by mines, it's about not actually being able to see them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  10. SkepticJerry

Don't disagree with this.

I just want to have the ability to spot them if you are looking for them.

I can't.
  11. SkepticJerry

I get the point of mines. I use them all the time. But no matter how SLOW I go or how long I look, they are NOT rendering. The player should have the opportunity to spot them if looking for them.
  12. Luewen

That is true. The rendering is wonky on that. Though if you suspect that there are mines on the road or something, you can always shoot at the ground to blow them out even if you dont see them.
  13. Gary

You have 2 choices...

1. Cert to counter the threat and be rewarded greatly - My sunderer rolls with Max mineguard, Rolling down the road with sunderer full of randoms all of a sudden a huge explosion and the sunderer just survives... Everyone is like "WTF!!!" I simply reply with "Mine Guard <3" Proximity breaks out into cheering and people declaring love for me.

2. Don't take mineguard and risk it or do not lead the pack and follow the path of someone else.

I had a Sunderer in an Amp station the other day. The defenders constantly trying to take out the sunderer with landmines... Unfortunately 1 engineer cannot carry enough landmines to blow it up and it survived every time whilst the engineer died every time... Eventually a tank came in round the back and made quick work of it.

You cert how you see fit, If you think the mines are the biggest threat cert for them, if you think Tanks are more off an issue for you take blockade armor. You are by no means forced into take one or the other.

Personally i never roll with mine guard on my tank, I take Front plating and try to avoid taking the lead and let someone with minegaurd go ahead, When we encounter enemy i pull a head so the armor plating is up front...

I have had a reliable gunner shout out last minute "MIIIIINEEESSS!!" Sometimes we stop in time other times we do not. They should be very difficult to spot since they are completely static and you have no choice in what vehicle triggers them... It feels a waste when my landmines go off and i see "39 xp Flash kill" But when it goes off and i see "1000 XP" sunderer kill + all the enemies inside and the sweet long life time bonuses for them it makes it worth while.

(Numbers are numbers i previously remember seeing for killing a flash and a sunderer.
  14. SkepticJerry

There's a difference between 'difficult' and 'impossible' to spot. Again, I'm not harping on mines or their ability to kill, I just want the opportunity to spot the damn things. Why is anyone even against this?????
    • Up x 1
  15. TheBlueMagician

For the same reason people don't understand why invincible invisible people shooting lock-on rockets you can't see is an acceptable idea: they're idiots who are only concerned with their experience.

If they haven't felt inconvenienced by it, there really isn't a need for them to feel it's even slightly wrong. Since mineguard offers a cheap way to never feel inconvenienced by mines, they use that as a strawman to argue that mines not rendering is okay.

Overall, I completely agree with this thread. I'm sick of the VS/NC anti-personnel mines vanishing, as well as tank mines I should be able to see. Once in a blue moon I will see a mine in time to react, and occasionally I will see a mine as I run over it. Many more times I simply explode and saw nothing. Not sure what the issue is, but I hope it gets fixed.
  16. Compass

Mines should be visible. I shoot them when I can even with mine guard. Free XP, after all.
  17. SkepticJerry

I've been discovering I'm not the only one that can't see mines since GU2.

SOE, this needs fixed.
  18. FigM

I also think that render distance for mines should be increased significantly. They are small enough to be hard to spot at distance even if they are rendered
  19. AgentStark427

There's no reason to bash someone for a rendering issue.